Author Topic: The Case of Casie Gotro is a Prime Example of Texas Controlling its Citizens and its Lawyers  (Read 481 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Laws in Texas 7/20/2019

The Mysterious and Disturbing Case of Casie Gotro is a Prime Example of Texas Controlling its Citizens and its Lawyers

Well Respected Attorney Gotro Correctly Asked a Judge for his Recusal,  and won a Mistrial in the Highly Publicized Twin Peak Trial.

The Judiciary Were Not Happy. She Was then Hunted, Stalked and Skewered to set an Example.

A dynamic Houston trial attorney widely respected for her work freeing a Katy football coach from prison can’t practice law for the next three years after the State Bar of Texas suspended her license following a trio of grievances.

The complaints against Casie Gotro all centered on three similar claims that she failed to keep clients up to date on the status of their cases and never returned money once she stopped representing them. When Gotro did not respond to the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel’s questions about the complaints, the state suspended her license and fined her nearly $60,000, records show.

But even before the disciplinary sanctions issued effective in May, Gotro had already vanished from the Houston legal scene, sparking speculation and concern among the defense bar. Calls to her phone were not answered on Thursday.

“I wish I knew what happened to her,” said Kristin Guiney, a former Harris County felony court judge. “For as long as I’ve known her, Casie has been a ferocious advocate for her criminal clients and a very talented attorney.”

More: https://lawsintexas.com/the-mysterious-and-disturbing-case-of-casie-gotro-is-a-prime-example-of-texas-controlling-its-citizens-and-its-lawyers/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member