Author Topic: Texas Judge Ralph Strother: Facts You Need to Know About the Rapist Case and the Twin Peaks Case  (Read 437 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Laws in Texas July 21, 2019

Texas Judge Ralph Strother: Facts You Need to Know About the Rapist Case and the Twin Peaks Case

Judge Ralph Strother allowed accused rapist Jacob Walter Anderson to escape jail time.

Strother is a Texas judge under fire for allowing former Baylor frat president Jacob Walter Anderson escape prison time after he was charged with raping a teenage student.

Anderson, the 23-year-old former head of Baylor’s Phi Delta Theta fraternity, was charged with sexually assaulting a sophomore at an off-campus party in February of 2016 when the alleged victim was 19, The Waco Tribune-Herald reported.

Strother allowed Anderson to serve no jail time after accepting his plea bargain. Prosecutors agreed to allow Anderson to plead no contest to a third-degree felony charge of unlawful restraint and receive deferred probation and pay a $400 fine. He will not have to register as a sex offender after prosecutors agreed to drop four counts of sexual assault.

Anderson’s victim cried loudly in court as Strother accepted the plea deal. She criticized Strother, prosecutor Hilary LaBorde, who agreed to the deal, and McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna, who did not attend the hearing.

“If I had the courage to come back to Waco and face my rapist and testify, you could at least have had enough respect for me to show up today,” she said. “You both will have to live with this decision to let a rapist run free in society without any warning to future victims. I wonder if you will have nightmares every night watching Jacob rape me over and over again?”

Anderson now attends the University of Texas at Dallas and works for a real estate development company in Dallas.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Judge Ralph Strother Said Public Opinions on The Case Were ‘Totally Uninformed’

The accuser said that Anderson sexually assaulted her at a frat party in 2016. She said that Anderson offered her a drink that made her feel sick. When he took her outside to get some air, he assaulted her, she said.

She added that she went “completely unconscious” before Anderson “dumped me face down in the dirt and left me there to die” while she was “half-naked.”

More: https://lawsintexas.com/texas-judge-ralph-strother-facts-you-need-to-know-about-the-rapist-case-and-the-twin-peaks-case/