Author Topic: Oh, Geez: Comey Reveals What Questions He Would Ask Mueller If He Was A Member Of Congress  (Read 1196 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Oh, Geez: Comey Reveals What Questions He Would Ask Mueller If He Was A Member Of Congress
Beth Baumann
7/20/2019 5:05:00 PM - Beth Baumann

Former FBI Director James Comey on Friday released a blog post detailing what questions he would ask Special Counsel Robert Mueller if he was a member of Congress. The revelation comes as Mueller prepares to testify before the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees.

Comey said he would focus on two key areas of Mueller's findings: the Trump campaign's relationship with Russia and whether or not obstruction of justice took place.

His questions relating to Russia:

Did you find that there were a series of contacts between the Trump campaign and individuals with ties to the Russian government? (p. 5)

In particular, did you find that a Trump foreign policy adviser learned that the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of emails? (pp. 5-6)

Did you find that the Trump foreign policy adviser said the Trump campaign had received indications from the Russian government that it could assist the campaign through the anonymous release of information damaging to candidate Clinton? (p. 6)

Did you find that senior members of the Trump campaign met with Russian representatives at Trump Tower after being told in an email that the meeting was part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump? (p. 6)

Did you find that, despite the fact that candidate Trump said he had "nothing to do with Russia," his organization had been pursuing a major Moscow project into the middle of the election year and that candidate Trump was regularly updated on developments? (vol 1, p. 5: vol 2, p. 19)

Did the Trump campaign report any of its Russian contacts to the FBI?

Not even the indications from the Russian government that it could assist the campaign through the anonymous release of information damaging to candidate Clinton?

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/07/20/oh-geez-comey-reveals-what-questions-he-would-ask-mueller-if-he-was-a-member-of-congress-n2550362
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

1 Did you find that there were a series of contacts between the Trump campaign and individuals with ties to the Russian government? (p. 5)

2 In particular, did you find that a Trump foreign policy adviser learned that the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of emails? (pp. 5-6)

3 Did you find that the Trump foreign policy adviser said the Trump campaign had received indications from the Russian government that it could assist the campaign through the anonymous release of information damaging to candidate Clinton? (p. 6)

4 Did you find that senior members of the Trump campaign met with Russian representatives at Trump Tower after being told in an email that the meeting was part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump? (p. 6)

5 Did you find that, despite the fact that candidate Trump said he had "nothing to do with Russia," his organization had been pursuing a major Moscow project into the middle of the election year and that candidate Trump was regularly updated on developments? (vol 1, p. 5: vol 2, p. 19)

6 Did the Trump campaign report any of its Russian contacts to the FBI?

1 A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired. Whether Trump's or Hillary's. Welcome to the modern world.

2 A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired. And more to the point, so what? Truth's truthiness is not dependent on the source.

3 See #2 immediately above. Further, the Russians "interfered" on Hillary's behalf by feeding "information" to Hillary's paid dirt-digger, Christopher Steele.

4 See #2 and #3 immediately above.

5 Trump's campaign did not. Trump's private business had been and continued pursuing the possibility of a project in Moscow. Moscow is the capital and a major city in a major country, and Trump's private business is in the hospitality industry. Businesses pursue opportunities, and nothing forces Presidential candidates to shut down their private businesses during a campaign or after winning.

6 Why would they? A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired. Whether Trump's or Hillary's. And the FBI knows this.

What's pathetic is that the questions Comey thinks probing and profound mere nibble at the edges of gilt-by-association. And the associations are what Trump's campaign and private business should have established.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
1 A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired. Whether Trump's or Hillary's. Welcome to the modern world.

2 A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired. And more to the point, so what? Truth's truthiness is not dependent on the source.

3 See #2 immediately above. Further, the Russians "interfered" on Hillary's behalf by feeding "information" to Hillary's paid dirt-digger, Christopher Steele.

4 See #2 and #3 immediately above.

5 Trump's campaign did not. Trump's private business had been and continued pursuing the possibility of a project in Moscow. Moscow is the capital and a major city in a major country, and Trump's private business is in the hospitality industry. Businesses pursue opportunities, and nothing forces Presidential candidates to shut down their private businesses during a campaign or after winning.

6 Why would they? A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired. Whether Trump's or Hillary's. And the FBI knows this.

What's pathetic is that the questions Comey thinks probing and profound mere nibble at the edges of gilt-by-association. And the associations are what Trump's campaign and private business should have established.

Jimmy sure did let us know he's on a "side" and always has been.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Mueller investigated Russia's actions they took in our election and the actions, or not, the Trump Campaign had with Russia.  Therefore, the questions Comey is suggesting is about those actions on both sides, Russia, and Trump campaign.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Mueller investigated Russia's actions they took in our election and the actions, or not, the Trump Campaign had with Russia.  Therefore, the questions Comey is suggesting is about those actions on both sides, Russia, and Trump campaign.

That explains Comey's tunnel vision.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@PeteS in CA

You said, "A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired."

A candidate's foreign policy "person", if a candidate has one, is there to advise what is happening in the world; this person may not represent the candidate to any foreign government and the candidate cannot make any "deal" with any foreign government.  The candidate is only a candidate, not the president and has no standing with any foreign power.

If Trump made a "deal" with Russia before he was elected president, he should be impeached.  That is one thing Mueller was investigating.

Would you want one of the Democrat candidates, there are many, take your choice, to contact Russia (using the candidate's foreign adviser is he/she has one) to make a deal before this person became president? 

A candidate is only a candidate, nothing more, has no standing in this country or any other country - just like us, until elected.

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA

You said, "A candidate's foreign policy people who did not make at least some contacts with major countries' representatives would deserve to be fired."

A candidate's foreign policy "person", if a candidate has one, is there to advise what is happening in the world; this person may not represent the candidate to any foreign government and the candidate cannot make any "deal" with any foreign government.  The candidate is only a candidate, not the president and has no standing with any foreign power.

If Trump made a "deal" with Russia before he was elected president, he should be impeached.  That is one thing Mueller was investigating.

Would you want one of the Democrat candidates, there are many, take your choice, to contact Russia (using the candidate's foreign adviser is he/she has one) to make a deal before this person became president? 

A candidate is only a candidate, nothing more, has no standing in this country or any other country - just like us, until elected.

Cute straw man argument, @Victoria33, but "make a deal" are your words, not mine. Don't try putting words in my mouth - or anyone else's - it's dishonest. There is zero evidence of any "deal" between Trump and the Russians, that's your evidence-free unproven assumption.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Mueller investigation went on and on, long after any suspicion of Trump wrongdoing was eliminated,

And the investigation never touched Clinton.

Comey is a lying, highly biased agent, trying to backtrack and cover his own rear.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Jimmy sure did let us know he's on a "side" and always has been.

Exactly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Cyber Liberty

What about the Clinton campaign, which had even closer ties?

Offline Victoria33

Cute straw man argument, @Victoria33, but "make a deal" are your words, not mine. Don't try putting words in my mouth - or anyone else's - it's dishonest. There is zero evidence of any "deal" between Trump and the Russians, that's your evidence-free unproven assumption.
@PeteS in CA

I didn't say if "you" made a deal; I said IF TRUMP made a deal:

"If Trump made a "deal" with Russia before he was elected president, he should be impeached.  That is one thing Mueller was investigating."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@PeteS in CA

"If Trump made a "deal" with Russia before he was elected president, he should be impeached.  That is one thing Mueller was investigating."

That was addressed in part one of the vaunted Mueller Report.  He could find no evidence of such an arrangement, and he spent umpteen months looking for it with all his heart.  I say, "Bless his heart."
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

@Cyber Liberty

But.... Mueller’s commission was to investigate Russia interference in the election, period. Not Russia interference only insofar as it relates to the Trump campaign.

Of course we know why Comey is not interested in any interference where it would relate to the Clinton campaign.

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA

Try reading and understanding my post before responding to what you imagine I said.

Offline PeteS in CA

That was addressed in part one of the vaunted Mueller Report.  He could find no evidence of such an arrangement, and he spent umpteen months looking for it with all his heart.  I say, "Bless his heart."

~22 months, I believe. Which demonstrates his investigation - "justice" - was not obstructed. And how kind of you to be concerned for his cardiac health!  :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But.... Mueller’s commission was to investigate Russia interference in the election, period. Not Russia interference only insofar as it relates to the Trump campaign.

Of course we know why Comey is not interested in any interference where it would relate to the Clinton campaign.

Do we really know what Mueller was commissioned to do?  Seems to me there is at least one scope memo from Rosenstein that's still secret.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And, not just time - millions and millions (channeling Carl Sagan) of taxpayer dollars to do so.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
~22 months, I believe. Which demonstrates his investigation - "justice" - was not obstructed. And how kind of you to be concerned for his cardiac health!  :silly:

I've been told I'm a kindly person, which is bullcrap because I know better what a meanie I really am.   888mouth
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Do we really know what Mueller was commissioned to do?  Seems to me there is at least one scope memo from Rosenstein that's still secret.

Perhaps not. But I was only aware of the general ‘Russian collusion’ charter while subsequent expansions of the investigations were clearly targeted at Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Perhaps not. But I was only aware of the general ‘Russian collusion’ charter while subsequent expansions of the investigations were clearly targeted at Trump.

I've always assumed those expansions were to find exactly that (and failed to, BTW), otherwise they would not be secret.  Now that the report is out and only discusses Trump, it's pretty obvious I've been correct about that.
I will NOT comply.