Author Topic: Missing 2-year-old drove back to the county fair on toy John Deere  (Read 590 times)

Online libertybele

Didn't know where else to post this, but way too cute!  Dangerous, but way too cute. Darn it, he wasn't done having fun at the fair!  :rolling:       

Missing 2-year-old drove back to the county fair on toy John Deere

..........."Deputies received a call about a missing toddler on Friday night.

The young boy hopped on his battery-powered John Deere tractor toy and drove it down the sidewalk and to a back entrance of the festivities, according to KMBC.

Deputies found him next to the Tilt-a-Whirl, his favorite ride..

"He was reunited with Dad who promptly suspended his son's license by removing the battery from it," the sheriff's office said."

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40815000/missing-2yearold-drove-back-to-the-county-fair-on-toy-john-deere

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:32:03 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Missing 2-year-old drove back to the county fair on toy John Deere
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 01:16:07 pm »
Reminds me when my we were at the Texas State Fair. It was the day of the Texas/OU game. We stopped for a moment just next to the Cotton Bowl deciding where to go next. There was a crush of people and "Where was our son?". Solid people. We didn't move, just looked around and couldn't see him.  333cleo I saw a couple of toy kiosks nearby so that's where I went to look for him. Sure enough he was at one gazing up at the toys.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 02:27:15 pm »
And the lesson is.............. Two year olds shouldn't have motorized vehicles.  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 05:54:56 pm »
And the lesson is.............. Two year olds shouldn't have motorized vehicles.  *****rollingeyes*****

I would say Two year olds should not be left out of sight for the time it took to drive out of sight.  I would expect that sidewalk was next to the road.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 06:15:59 pm »
My parents had neighbors -- their little grandson found the keys, climbed into the family mini-van and proceeded to drive it down the street -- not once but twice!  After the first incident, they put the keys in a bowl on a high shelf.  The little stinker climbed up onto a chair, grabbed the keys and off he went.  This family was not irresponsible.  They did their best to keep an eye on him at all times, but all it took was a momentary distraction and off he would go.  Kids can be very resourceful.   If they have the will to do something, they will find a way to do it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:41 pm »
Reminds me when my we were at the Texas State Fair. It was the day of the Texas/OU game. We stopped for a moment just next to the Cotton Bowl deciding where to go next. There was a crush of people and "Where was our son?". Solid people. We didn't move, just looked around and couldn't see him.  333cleo I saw a couple of toy kiosks nearby so that's where I went to look for him. Sure enough he was at one gazing up at the toys.

LOL.  Similar story.

I was flying back with our 5 Y/O son to Tampa (TPA) many years ago.  I always parked on the upper level of the parking deck.  So we are about to get on the elevator to get the car and as the doors open Chris bounds into the car.  Now I was  fumbling with the luggage and looking for the parking stub when the door closes and up he goes alone.  I'm in pure panic mode.  This was about the same time John Walsh's son was abducted from a Jefferson's department store in Hollywood Fl so all kinds of worst case things were running thu my brain.  Not to mention, how the hell was I gonna tell his Mom that I lost her 1st born!

What do I do? Run up the stairs and try and find him?  Get on the second elevator and go to the top deck?

Finally I thought...Jim, just hit the Up Button and have the car return to the basement floor..and wait."  So that's what I did.  So I'm watching the floor levels tick off....  5...4...3...2..1.  I'm holding my breath as the elevator doors open and when they open, standing right in front of me is this little redheaded munchkin!   Before I could say a word the little shit says: "Where did you go Dad!" 

So we get to the car and load all the luggage in the trunk and as I started the car, I turned to him and said,
"Chris,  We don't have to tell Mom about your elevator ride today, Okay?"
Okay Dad, he replied.   
"Thanks Pal"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 06:30:15 pm »
When I was not yet 4, I spent about a week with my aunt and uncle who lived in a third-floor apartment in a small town. One day, I was with my gregarious uncle in his store and he got busy talking to people, which bored me silly. So I tromped out of the drugstore, walked a block or two down the street and into their building, and tried to get back to the apartment. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach the "3" button in the elevator. While I stood in the elevator pondering how to grow tall enough to go higher than the second floor, my frantic uncle came racing down the street, relieved that I hadn't walked into traffic.

Yep, you can't turn your back on a child, even for a second.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 07:03:44 pm »
When my eldest was roughly three, he escaped from the yard when my back was turned and rode his little red tricycle down the middle of the street.  A nice policeman pulled him over and held him there until I could run down the street, toting his little brother, to retrieve him.  Scared the peawaddling out of me.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 03:13:22 pm »
My eldest son was only around 1 or so. My wife took him to her sister's apartment. He was asleep in the den and my wife and her sister were in the bedroom. When he woke up, he let himself out of the apartment thru the sliding door. The apt. was on a cul-de-sac. He went across the street to a little store. The store owner? called the police and they picked him up. When my wife saw he was missing and frantically starting looking for Patty, when asked at the little store if they'd seen him, he denied seeing him, and denied knowing that he was with the police. There were frantic times before Patty was reunited with my wife.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 03:22:05 pm »
@Elderberry

That store owner was a real jerk.  My inclination would have been -- after your son was finally found -- to go back to the store and smack him around.  What the H was wrong with him that he couldn't or wouldn't tell your wife what had happened? 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 03:27:25 pm »
When my eldest was roughly three, he escaped from the yard when my back was turned and rode his little red tricycle down the middle of the street.  A nice policeman pulled him over and held him there until I could run down the street, toting his little brother, to retrieve him.  Scared the peawaddling out of me.

At 3 he should have known to not be in the middle of the street.

I was driving thru a neighborhood once and saw a little boy riding a bike, too big for him, down the driveway. I stopped my car right at the end of the driveway and he drove right into me. At the sound of the "bonk" his mother that was standing right in the middle of the yard turned to see what made the sound. He didn't get a scratch. I don't think he even fell over. Her feelings were hurt though.

I am 2-1/2 yrs older than my little sister. When my sister was just a baby, I was riding with my mom and baby sister and we ran out of gas. My mom told me to go to the gas station we passed about a half mile back and tell 'em we're outta gas. Off I went and told 'em at the station. The oldest gas pump jockey, maybe the owner, filled up a gas can and followed me back to the car. When we got there he told me if he'd known how far it was he'd have taken the truck.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 03:34:59 pm »
Did they check him for driving under the influence of Yoo-hoo?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 04:13:42 pm »
Did they check him for driving under the influence of Yoo-hoo?

Prolly a "Sugar high" from the cotton candy!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.