Author Topic: South Miami Fights Florida Law Forbidding Sanctuaries  (Read 195 times)

rangerrebew

South Miami Fights Florida Law Forbidding Sanctuaries
« on: July 21, 2019, 12:08:46 pm »

South Miami Fights Florida Law Forbidding Sanctuaries

By Dan Cadman on July 19, 2019

In a June 18 blog, I wrote of the Florida legislature passing, and the governor signing into law, an anti-sanctuary measure that is similar in several respects to the one in place in Texas.

Just as happened in Texas, the Florida law is now going to face a legal test. The City of South Miami, in coordination with a host of open borders and migrant advocacy groups, has now filed suit in federal district court alleging that the measure was discriminatory because its drafting was aided by a "hate group", and that it will result in racial profiling. The complaint can be seen here.

The "hate group" in question here is the Federation of Americans for Immigration Reform (FAIR), and almost certainly that vile and unfounded label emanated from the same place that has labeled our organization a "hate group": the thoroughly discredited Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), about which I and my colleagues have spoken on any number of occasions (e.g., here, here and here).

https://cis.org/Cadman/South-Miami-Fights-Florida-Law-Forbidding-Sanctuaries