Author Topic: Black Georgia lawmaker says white man told her to ‘go back where you came from’ at grocery store  (Read 4597 times)

Offline goatprairie

Yeah, I saw it.  You don't go on Facebook for something like this unless you want publicity, and she used it to smear this guy as a racist.
I hope this incident wakes up a lot of non-black liberals who think by virtue signaling they'll be loved by fellow liberal blacks.
This incident confirms in my mind that many blacks believe ALL!!! white people are racists at their core.....even felllow liberal whites.
I'm sure the guy involved was probably on board  with all the usual liberal racial scams and schemes. Here's hoping he's now "woke" in a conservative way.

Offline goatprairie

At one point, during one of her interviews with an uncurious press, she said she wanted the man "held to account."  She's the one needing it.  She won't be, if she is in a safe district.  He might be able to sue, if he can prove damages.
I've read a zillion stories over the years about these sorts of incidents with the liberal writing the article almost always blaming the white person for the trouble.
When I was a lot younger and more liberal, I used to believe their stories too. It took me some years to realize that black people can be just as racist/evil as white people.

Offline PeteS in CA

No, she isn't.  That honor goes to Robert Trammell (D).

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_House_of_Representatives#Members

Thanks for correcting me. Either the news article I saw got it wrong or I misunderstood it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks for correcting me. Either the news article I saw got it wrong or I misunderstood it.

No harm, no foul, @PeteS in CA!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I have read/seen all versions of this from written material and seen news about this from the Georgia TV news station.  Putting this together, I think this is what happened:

1.  The Georgia representative was in the quick check-out and had more than 10 items which is the limit for quick check-out.  Why did she do this?  I would have it, too.  Why?  Because she was 9 months pregnant and she said she couldn't stand up very long.  Women will understand this.  At 9 mouths pregnant, she had already been standing up to go through the store, get what she needed, and she needed to get out of there, plus she also had a small child already out of the womb, with her, which makes her looking out for the already born child and taking care of the unborn child.

When I would have gotten to the check-out person I would have explained, due to a medical condition, being pregnant, I needed to get out of the store quickly.  Checkers are human, this one would have understood and helped her get out of the store.

2.  Some man was there and called her lazy, called her some kind of bitch, and told her to go back (I think he meant for her to get out of the quick check-out line since she had more than 10 items).  Her brain interpreted that as the famous, "Go back to your country."  I also read/saw the news, the man left the store and came back in again.  He wanted to continue the word fight.

I wonder if the man was married and had ever gone through pregnancy with a wife?  Where was his understanding of her condition?  He surely saw this lady was pregnant but the items over ten consumed him to make a scene, call her a lazy bitch, etc., leave and come back in to continue to harass her.

All that sounds so great, but you are making it up as there are little facts to support what you said.

For instance, how do you know she did not have a whole shopping car full of groceries?  How do you know she talked to the clerk?

As far as standing for awhile, it was her who voluntarily stood to face the cameras for quite a while.  I saw no problem with her physical wellbeing.

You can conjecture all you want, but I want to see the video which the store undoubtedly possesses.  So does the man she targeted.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

I automatically assume any Dem pol, of whatever color, is a liar and a scoundrel. I think most Dem pols are genetically incapable of telling the truth about anything. Unless a gun is put to their head.
My definition of a Democrat is they have to be either ignorant or on the take. 

There is no other alternative.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on this thread or another forum, but that female is not just a member of the GA House of Representatives. She is the GA House Minority (Party) Leader.

Has the GA Dem Party made a peep about this race-baiting slanderer? This female should not be deputy assistant dog catcher, for fear that she might mistreat dogs that happen to be white.

More generally, I HATE IT that we in society are "having to" keep stories like this on the PR front burner to try to get appropriate and meaningful responses to race-baiting and slander like hers, or antisemitism like Ilhan Omar's, or etc.! Why in Hades do party officials have to be hectored into maybe doing the obviously right thing?!
You may be onto something.

Could be a political ploy to get the sympathy vote ready for the next election run for Stacey Abrams, the failed candidate for governor.

Offline PeteS in CA

Ka-BOOM!

Erica Thomas Police Report Released: No Criminal Charges, She Told Him to "Go Back"

Last weekend, Georgia Democratic lawmaker Erica Thomas took to Twitter where she alleged that a "white guy" had harassed her at a local store. He had been rude and aggressive, and even told her to "go back where you came from." Or so the state congresswoman said. He supposedly walked up to her with clenched hands, pointed at her with his finger... In short, he made her feel extremely threatened.
(Embedded Tweet)
The man she accused of this horrific crime, Eric Sparkes, didn't take it lying down. In front of tv cameras, Sparkes said that he is a lifelong Democrat with a Cuban background, and that he absolutely never told Ms. Thomas anything even remotely like "go back to where you came from." He did, he admitted, call her a "lazy" b-word, but he only did so after she became overly confrontational.
(Embedded Tweets)
This is what the police officer saw on the (security) footage:

Mr. Sparkes returns through the door and goes straight to the express lane where Ms. Thomas and her daughter were checking out. He points at the entrance of the express lane, possibly at the sign and they clearly begin arguing. Mr. Sparkes did not appear to be irate, nor did I see him with clenched hands in the video. He initially did enter Ms. Thomas’ personal space but backed as Ms. Thomas moved forward and around the counter toward Mr. Sparkes pointing her finger at him. Ms. Thomas advanced toward Mr. Sparkes a second time at which point, Ms. Murrell comes into the frame and waves for Mr. Sparkes to leave, which he did. Simultaneously, Ms. Thomas returned to the register, stated something to-her daughter and then paid for her items. I observed-Ms. Thomas’ daughter smiling shortly after. This confrontation lasted approximately 45 seconds.

In other words, the footage shows that the Democratic lawmaker was the one with the aggressive, bullying body language. The supposed aggressor, on the other hand, appeared perfectly calm and even stepped back ...

... from the looks of it, Thomas did to Sparkes that which she accused him of doing to her.

That's confirmed by an eye-witness report:

The store’s customer service manager told police she “heard Ms. Thomas continuously tell Mr. Sparkes to, ‘Go back where you came from!'” according to the police report.

Summarizing:

* Mr. Sparkes confronted Ms. Thomas, but calmly rather than agressively;

* Ms. Thomas responded agressively;

* The store’s customer service manager stated that Ms. Thomas used the "Go back where you came from!" line, not Mr. Sparkes; Ms. Thomas used the "Go back where you came from!" line "continuously".

IOW: Ms. Thomas did what she accused Mr. Sparkes of doing; Ms. Thomas knew/assumed Mr. Sparkes was of other than white European heritage but falsely claimed he was a "white man" in her Tweet.

Ms. Thomas is unfit to be Deputy Assistant Dogcatcher because she cannot be trusted not to mistreat white-colored cats and dogs!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Hoodat

Ms. Thomas is unfit to be Deputy Assistant Dogcatcher

It is clearly a conflict of interest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In light of the new evidence against the Black GA Lawbreaker I fully expect an ethics investigation in to her conduct and a recall petition to remover her from her position.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In light of the new evidence against the Black GA Lawbreaker I fully expect an ethics investigation in to her conduct and a recall petition to remover her from her position.

Expect in one hand and...  you know the rest.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Bill Cipher

Will that be with, or without, two rainbow colored unicorns who sneeze gold pixie dust?

Offline PeteS in CA

Witness: State Rep. Erica Thomas told Eric Sparkes, ‘Go back where you came from’

A witness to a heated grocery store encounter between state Rep. Erica Thomas and a man she accused of uttering racist comments told authorities she didn’t hear him make those remarks, according to a Cobb County police report.

A Publix employee told a Cobb County officer that she witnessed part of the conversation and heard Thomas “continuously tell Eric Sparkes to ‘Go back where you came from!’” but did not hear Sparkes utter those words to Thomas.
Both Thomas and Sparkes have called on Publix to release a video of the incident, which has not yet been made public. But the officer who reviewed the tape, which did not include audio, described it in the report.

He wrote that Sparkes “did not appear to be irate” during the confrontation or to have approached her with “clenched fists,” as Thomas asserted to the officer. He also wrote that Sparkes quickly retreated from Thomas as she moved his way “pointing her finger at him.”

When she moved toward Sparkes a second time, a Publix staffer waved for him to leave and Thomas turned to her daughter and paid for her items, according to the report. The dispute lasted about 45 seconds, the officer wrote, and Thomas’ 9-year-old was seen “smiling shortly after.”

The Publix employee, a customer service manager, told police that after Sparkes accosted Thomas he began to leave but “Ms. Thomas kept ‘running her mouth’ as she approached him.” Sparkes, she said, responded by repeatedly calling Thomas “ignorant.”

Oh my, Part 1: This article is from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (or as some locals affectionately call it, Urinal-Constipation), a MAJOR regional paper roughly equivalent to the LA Times.

Oh my, Part 2: The first two paragraphs of my quote are the first two paragraphs of the article, which just about anyone who sees it will read.

Stick a fork in 'er Mildred, I think she's done.

Offline LegalAmerican

I automatically assume any Dem pol, of whatever color, is a liar and a scoundrel. I think most Dem pols are genetically incapable of telling the truth about anything. Unless a gun is put to their head.

Correct , we see a lot of this.   :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

I hope this incident wakes up a lot of non-black liberals who think by virtue signaling they'll be loved by fellow liberal blacks.
This incident confirms in my mind that many blacks believe ALL!!! white people are racists at their core.....even felllow liberal whites.
I'm sure the guy involved was probably on board  with all the usual liberal racial scams and schemes. Here's hoping he's now "woke" in a conservative way.

...........WALKAWAY... :thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Ghost prognosticated:
"In light of the new evidence against the Black GA Lawbreaker I fully expect an ethics investigation in to her conduct and a recall petition to remover her from her position."

I think you be wrong.

Considering the state district from which she was elected, she'll probably win with MORE votes the next time around !

Offline Wingnut

The Ghost prognosticated:
"In light of the new evidence against the Black GA Lawbreaker I fully expect an ethics investigation in to her conduct and a recall petition to remover her from her position."

I think you be wrong.

Considering the state district from which she was elected, she'll probably win with MORE votes the next time around !

Fish.  When did you lose your sarcasm detector?  LOL ****slapping

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You should go watch her video, lots of tears and drama, and "how could he say that?"   Despicable indeed.
But if you aren't a tearful victim, complete with wailing and gnashing of teeth, you haven't been victimized by a raysist!

Full drama, crank it up to 11 for the monitors, arm waving grief over having been so unfairly maligned all over your skin color, not (whatever it is you really did).
Typical Liberal BS.

But the bottom line is, that no matter how dog eared the race card is, people still get away with playing it.

I ran into this with a customer complaint on my 'day job', and when I got back to the shop, described the behaviour of the customer to co-workers, and picked out one guy who was actually from Africa (Cape Verde Islands), and said you have to take the 'fixit order' to her. He didn't want to (no tip,and he knew it), but I just said, "Man, any of us take it and say even one word, she can call us "racists". You are the one person here she can't." He got a laugh out of that and agreed to do it because he knew just how obnoxious the customer was.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

But the bottom line is, that no matter how dog eared the race card is, people still get away with playing it.

Nope. It never works for me, and Lord knows, I've tried.  :shrug: :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

Nope. It never works for me, and Lord knows, I've tried.  :shrug: :whistle:
Me, neither. No matter how brown my left arm gets, they still look more at the fishbelly white parts they can see.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Me, neither. No matter how brown my left arm gets, they still look more at the fishbelly white parts they can see.

It's cuz I'm black, right?

No, you ain't black.

Oh. Alright. It's cuz I'm native, right?

:silly:

Online Smokin Joe

It's cuz I'm black, right?

No, you ain't black.

Oh. Alright. It's cuz I'm native, right?

:silly:
Nah, the left arm gets more sun when I'm driving.... :shrug:

C S Lewis