Author Topic: Black Georgia lawmaker says white man told her to ‘go back where you came from’ at grocery store  (Read 4638 times)

Offline roamer_1

Nah, the left arm [...] when I'm driving.... :shrug:

Sounds like you need more loft on your spit when you're chewin.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sounds like you need more loft on your spit when you're chewin.
Nah. If I fixed the AC, I could close the window and the tint would take care of the uneven tan.

Besides, I don't spit when I chew. (That's how I found out tobacco juice kills heliobacter pylori.)

I walk right past the "tobacco free establishment" signs with one of those little pouches in my cheek and just grin....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Nah. If I fixed the AC, I could close the window and the tint would take care of the uneven tan.

Right... the tint from spitting all over the window because you forgot it was up...
 :silly:

Besides, I don't spit when I chew. (That's how I found out tobacco juice kills heliobacter pylori.)

Me neither. I'm just pokin fun.
BTW, That's the second time you said that there... links plz?

I walk right past the "tobacco free establishment" signs with one of those little pouches in my cheek and just grin....

That's right.. and mostly why I am chewing and not rollin my own... Was pack-a-day Camels back in the day... Then the sin tax on cigs made me unreasonable... So I was rollin my own for a while there... A bag of smoke was about 20 bucks at the time.... But they pinched me off there too, once the whole no smoking thing went nuts... Converted back to chew (which I had done in my yoot), and now I do what I want. And I am getting my rolls from Canada for extra savings.

I've got a line on an old southern boy that makes chaw... grows his own. My brother knows him.
I will probably be going that way.

Offline Smokin Joe

Right... the tint from spitting all over the window because you forgot it was up...
 :silly:

Me neither. I'm just pokin fun.
BTW, That's the second time you said that there... links plz?

That's right.. and mostly why I am chewing and not rollin my own... Was pack-a-day Camels back in the day... Then the sin tax on cigs made me unreasonable... So I was rollin my own for a while there... A bag of smoke was about 20 bucks at the time.... But they pinched me off there too, once the whole no smoking thing went nuts... Converted back to chew (which I had done in my yoot), and now I do what I want. And I am getting my rolls from Canada for extra savings.

I've got a line on an old southern boy that makes chaw... grows his own. My brother knows him.
I will probably be going that way.
I am the original source. My father, (a year after I had taken up chew again and quit smoking and found my symptoms went away in a couple weeks) related to me his symptoms, Identical and miserable, and how his doctors found a developing ulcer between his duodenum and small intestine. They medicated dad to kill the heliobacter pylori that caused that ulcer, and cured him. I had used Skoal Bandits (wintergreen), and the cure was accidental. My symptoms (identical to the ones he related to me a year later) went away. (I've switched to Grizzly dark wintergreen pouches since, but no recurrence of the problem.)
My worthless doctors did all their testing and scoping and sent me the bill as they told me it was all in my head, so I can't point to anything except that they didn't get what the tobacco juice did, and I could have a lifetime supply of chew if I had the money I'd paid those useless quacks.  I just know when I took up chew again, I drank black coffee over it and never bothered to spit. Nothing else in my diet changed, and if anything I was under more stress. (I had quit smoking cigarettes, my lungs just couldn't take it).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:07:23 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I am the original source. My father, (a year after I had taken up chew again and quit smoking and found my symptoms went away in a couple weeks) related to me his symptoms, Identical and miserable, and how his doctors found a developing ulcer between his duodenum and small intestine. They medicated dad to kill the heliobacter pylori that caused that ulcer, and cured him. I had used Skoal Bandits (wintergreen), and the cure was accidental. My symptoms (identical to the ones he related to me a year later) went away. (I've switched to Grizzly dark wintergreen pouches since, but no recurrence of the problem.)
My worthless doctors did all their testing and scoping and sent me the bill as they told me it was all in my head, so I can't point to anything except that they didn't get what the tobacco juice did, and I could have a lifetime supply of chew if I had the money I'd paid those useless quacks.  I just know when I took up chew again, I drank black coffee over it and never bothered to spit. Nothing else in my diet changed, and if anything I was under more stress. (I had quit smoking cigarettes, my lungs just couldn't take it).

Huh... Now see, I thought it was all the vinegar... When I went back to eating old skool, my intake of vinegar and ferments went way, way up... and my belly problems just went away...
Might have been the snoose.  :shrug:

Nevermind... I ain't quitting either anytime soon.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can see how it would be easy for something like this to happen. After all,white people  in Georgia are not used to seeing blacks,so the poor guy was probably in shock when he saw her,and doesn't remember what he said. <E/S> (Extreme Sarcasm for anyone who has never been to Georgia)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:56:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

Skoal is for girls.
Not the ones I knew. Red Man all the way. Even the nuns at my high school chewed RM. Spittoons right by their desks.
There's a chance I might be lying about everything I've just written.  :tongue2:

Offline berdie

Skoal is for girls.

Nope...snuff is for girls. And that is for sure a lie.  I had a BIL that dipped and asked for a little. Nasty...nasty...nasty.LOL

Offline roamer_1

Offline Smokin Joe

LOL!
That's right.

Most folks I have seen swallow the juice from Copenhagen don't do so gracefully. Jussayin.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@musiclady
@txradioguy
ALL

I have read/seen all versions of this from written material and seen news about this from the Georgia TV news station.  Putting this together, I think this is what happened:

1.  The Georgia representative was in the quick check-out and had more than 10 items which is the limit for quick check-out.  Why did she do this?  I would have it, too.  Why?  Because she was 9 months pregnant and she said she couldn't stand up very long.  Women will understand this.  At 9 mouths pregnant, she had already been standing up to go through the store, get what she needed, and she needed to get out of there, plus she also had a small child already out of the womb, with her, which makes her looking out for the already born child and taking care of the unborn child.

When I would have gotten to the check-out person I would have explained, due to a medical condition, being pregnant, I needed to get out of the store quickly.  Checkers are human, this one would have understood and helped her get out of the store.

2.  Some man was there and called her lazy, called her some kind of bitch, and told her to go back (I think he meant for her to get out of the quick check-out line since she had more than 10 items).  Her brain interpreted that as the famous, "Go back to your country."  I also read/saw the news, the man left the store and came back in again.  He wanted to continue the word fight.

I wonder if the man was married and had ever gone through pregnancy with a wife?  Where was his understanding of her condition?  He surely saw this lady was pregnant but the items over ten consumed him to make a scene, call her a lazy bitch, etc., leave and come back in to continue to harass her.

Story: My husband was in the hospital due to cancer and I was at the hospital all day with him; I was in my early 70s at that time.  When I left that evening, I was exhausted.  I went to Walmart to get more pajamas for him, and the check-out line was so long I could not stand there anymore.  I asked to speak to the manager and told him I needed the PJs but couldn't stand anymore; I asked did he have another checker?  He said what he had was all Walmart company would let him have.  He took me to an empty check-out lane, and checked me out himself.  If the man who confronted this pregnant woman had been there, he might have called me a lazy bitch and told me to go back where I came from - in the long line.

The Bible says love thy neighbor as thyself.  This man did not do this to the pregnant lady but the store manger did that to me.

Love thy neighbor as thyself, please.
All this conjecture of yours has been totally discredited.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/erica-thomas-police-report-released-no-criminal-charges-she-told-him-to-go-back/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

Most folks I have seen swallow the juice from Copenhagen don't do so gracefully. Jussayin.

:silly: :beer: :tongue2:

Offline PeteS in CA

All this conjecture of yours has been totally discredited.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/erica-thomas-police-report-released-no-criminal-charges-she-told-him-to-go-back/

It was not unreasonable based on the information available at the time she posted it. The problem with taking a few bits of information and creating a plausible narrative is that as more information comes out the blanks get filled very differently from what one guessed. BTDTGTTS ... a drawerful.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Bill Cipher

It was not unreasonable based on the information available at the time she posted it. The problem with taking a few bits of information and creating a plausible narrative is that as more information comes out the blanks get filled very differently from what one guessed. BTDTGTTS ... a drawerful.

Very true. 

Jumping to conclusions without facts causes a whole lot of problems.  Never a wise move.

I could paint an equally plausible scenario in exactly the opposite direction.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jumping to conclusions without facts causes a whole lot of problems.  Never a wise move.

Very plausible. I have been told by a Mexican to, "Go back to Europe!"
I said sure, as soon as you go back to Spain you Spanish Conquistador!
So now, Mexicans more often than not are denying their Spanish Heritage because it ruins their argument. They are as much European as I am. Brown skin does not absolve them of all the massacres, theft, and the slavery they inflicted on Southern America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

When I read between the lines and suggest narratives based on very incomplete facts I try to call it "guesses" or "speculations". It softens saying, "I was wrong," later on if necessary, and is a self-reminder of my limitations, which is usually salutary.

Very plausible. I have been told by a Mexican to, "Go back to Europe!"
I said sure, as soon as you go back to Spain you Spanish Conquistador!
So now, Mexicans more often than not are denying their Spanish Heritage because it ruins their argument. They are as much European as I am. Brown skin does not absolve them of all the massacres, theft, and the slavery they inflicted on Southern America.

The Spanish enslaved or, borrowing a term from other parts of Europe, made serfs of the Central and South American Indians. On the other hand, the Aztecs, Mayans, and Inca practiced human sacrifice. The Aztecs were particularly bloodthirsty. So I don't see a proud history-heritage in either.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When I read between the lines and suggest narratives based on very incomplete facts I try to call it "guesses" or "speculations". It softens saying, "I was wrong," later on if necessary, and is a self-reminder of my limitations, which is usually salutary.

I like that in a Member.  It's "self awareness," being willing to admit you're incorrect about something.  I admit that frequently, and the most difficult part of doing that is convincing people I'm sincere.  People know I'm a blowhard at times, and "the guy at the end of the bar" rarely admits he's FOS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

I like that in a Member.  It's "self awareness," being willing to admit you're incorrect about something.  I admit that frequently, and the most difficult part of doing that is convincing people I'm sincere.  People know I'm a blowhard at times, and "the guy at the end of the bar" rarely admits he's FOS.

I can't claim to have learned it the easy way ... or to remember how I learned it, :cool: .

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Spanish enslaved or, borrowing a term from other parts of Europe, made serfs of the Central and South American Indians. On the other hand, the Aztecs, Mayans, and Inca practiced human sacrifice. The Aztecs were particularly bloodthirsty. So I don't see a proud history-heritage in either.
@PeteS in CA

Of course they did. At one time it was looked down on to be 'an Indian' in South America. People were proud to claim to be Spanish. After all, the Spanish won. But recently, as South America becomes more influenced by Political Correctness, I have met more and more Hispanics claiming Indian heritage and denying any Spanish influence. The guy who said that to me looked nothing whatsoever like any kind of Indian. He looked like any light skinned European, or possibly middle eastern. Some people call this a Mediterranean complexion because it is hard to place. But he didn't have any of the hard features or characteristics of a 'real' South American Indian.

But your point is valid. It is a kind of no-win situation. Either he can claim to be a conquering, murdering, slave-trading European, or he can claim to be a conquering, murdering, slave-trading jungle cannibal. Kind of hard to know which one of those is the better choice.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I can't claim to have learned it the easy way ... or to remember how I learned it, :cool: .

You're a good guy, and I'm glad you're on TBR.   :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Of course they did. At one time it was looked down on to be 'an Indian' in South America. People were proud to claim to be Spanish. After all, the Spanish won. But recently, as South America becomes more influenced by Political Correctness, I have met more and more Hispanics claiming Indian heritage and denying any Spanish influence. The guy who said that to me looked nothing whatsoever like any kind of Indian. He looked like any light skinned European, or possibly middle eastern. Some people call this a Mediterranean complexion because it is hard to place. But he didn't have any of the hard features or characteristics of a 'real' South American Indian.

But your point is valid. It is a kind of no-win situation. Either he can claim to be a conquering, murdering, slave-trading European, or he can claim to be a conquering, murdering, slave-trading jungle cannibal. Kind of hard to know which one of those is the better choice.

Well stated!  :beer:

You're a good guy, and I'm glad you're on TBR.   :beer: :beer:

Thanks! I do appreciate the welcome.

I freely admit the same.

In fact, I'll bare out with an example http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349531.msg1904231.html#msg1904231
in which I chose to believe the cops were doing their job when it later became obvious that the police were responsible for the deaths of two individuals due to a botched raid.  A mistake on my part.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I freely admit the same.

In fact, I'll bare out with an example http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349531.msg1904231.html#msg1904231
in which I chose to believe the cops were doing their job when it later became obvious that the police were responsible for the deaths of two individuals due to a botched raid.  A mistake on my part.

My experience is Briefers are top-drawer.  Thanks for keeping us smart.
I will NOT comply.