Author Topic: Black Georgia lawmaker says white man told her to ‘go back where you came from’ at grocery store  (Read 4613 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black Georgia lawmaker says white man told her to ‘go back where you came from’ at grocery store
by Caitlin Yilek
 | July 20, 2019 04:32 PM

A black state lawmaker in Georgia said she was approached by a white man in a Publix grocery store and told “to go back where you came from.”

State Rep. Erica Thomas described the alleged incident in an emotional Facebook Live video on Friday.

"This white man comes up to me and says, 'You lazy son of a bitch. ... You need to go back where you came from,'" she said. “I said, ‘Sir, you don't even know me. I'm not lazy. I'm nine months pregnant.’”

The alleged incident happened days after President Trump told four congresswomen of color to “go back” to their countries of origin. Only one of the lawmakers, Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, was born outside of the U.S., but she is now an American citizen.

Thomas said she was with her 9-year-old daughter in the express lane at a Mableton store, but had too many items, when the man approached her.

"My child is just sitting there. 'Mama, why would he call you that?' I can't even explain to her why he has so much hate in his heart," she said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-georgia-lawmaker-says-white-man-told-her-to-go-back-where-you-came-from-at-grocery-store
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline PeteS in CA

A possible Hate-Hoax-something-or-other? Well that would be a, well, not a first.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Thomas said she was with her 9-year-old daughter in the express lane at a Mableton store, but had too many items, when the man approached her.

This should be a capital offense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Slide Rule

A lawyer said?

My experience is that lawyers come largely from a class of liars.

Let the sweet thing post a video of the event.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One Democrat calling another Democrat racist.

Where have we heard this before?

Oh yeah.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Big deal. Chicano professors out here routinely tell people like me to go back to Europe.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

This should be a capital offense.

Many times I have had too many items to use the express lane, but the checker motioned to me to use the express lane as no-one was in line.

So just because someone has too many items to be in line, they may have done nothing wrong. Just sayin'. I'm not defending her in the least.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
'Untrue': Man accused of telling black lawmaker to 'go back where you came from' speaks out

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/man-accused-of-telling-black-lawmaker-to-go-back-where-you-came-from-tells-his-side-of-the-story

Quote from: Linked Article
Thomas, however, is sticking by her version of events and wants to see Sparkes "held accountable." Meanwhile, police are investigating the incident, and there is surveillance footage, according to WSB-TV Atlanta.

So, a powerful politician demands a nobody be "held accountable" for an unproven slight.  Land of the Free, eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Offline mrclose

A confrontation over misuse of the Publix express lane in a small town has gone from a local incident to international news.

He’s not only a Democrat, he’s a Democrat who had just posted an anti-Trump critique in defense of the Squad!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A confrontation over misuse of the Publix express lane in a small town has gone from a local incident to international news.

He’s not only a Democrat, he’s a Democrat who had just posted an anti-Trump critique in defense of the Squad!

A Democrat who just found out there's no honor among Rats.  Who is to be "held accountable" for something that is probably, as @dfwgator says, a hoax.  How does it feel to be one of us, Mr. Sparkes?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:46:12 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

As, I think, Mercutio said, "A plague o' both your houses!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Update:

GA Rep Erica Thomas Now Claims Man Didn’t Tell Her To Go Back Where She Came From!

I think that if this had really happened, the natural reaction would be to get mad and not cry on social media about it. It amazes me how low liberals will stoop.

Written by Wayne Dupree · 2 hours ago

Georgia Rep. Erica Thomas cried for sympathy on her Facebook page and called out a man who she claimed told her to “go back where she came from,” during an incident at a Publix store.

Now the story is changing....

https://www.waynedupree.com/ga-rep-erica-thomas-now-claims-man-didnt-tell-her-to-go-back-where-she-came-from/

Offline PeteS in CA

False accusers P#$% me off, and Moses' law that false accusers and perjurers should be punished the same as their targets would have been is wise. But @#$% like this has a second horrific affect, beyond what the target experienced. Whether a false accusation of rape or a hateful (non-criminal) incident, it makes being believed more difficult for real victims.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat Claims Man Told Her To ‘Go Back To Where’ She ‘Came From.’ Now She Appears To Be Changing Her Story.

By Ryan Saavedra
@realsaavedra
July 21, 2019

Georgia Democratic State Rep. Erica Thomas claimed in a tweet on Friday that a white man told her to "go back to where" she "came from" at a grocery store, a claim that went viral but is now being disputed.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/49718/democrat-claims-man-told-her-go-back-where-she-ryan-saavedra
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

Lies make Jesus cry.

@Hoodat, is that a saying from the nuns in Catholic school? It isn't bad child psychology for the early primary grades.

Offline PeteS in CA

What are the Las Vegas odds any MSM type will summon the courage to ask her, "Why did you have to lie?"

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat, is that a saying from the nuns in Catholic school? It isn't bad child psychology for the early primary grades.

Don't know anything about Catholic school.  Never heard it until in my 40s from a friend.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas backtracks on racism accusations
Washington Examiner, Jul 21, 2019

Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas, who asserted in a tearful Facebook post that a white man at a Publix grocery store told her to "Go back to where you came from!" seems to be less sure that the Friday encounter was exactly how she remembered.

After reaffirming to reporters Saturday that a white man had verbally accosted her and her daughter telling them to "go back" to where they came from in a racially charged tirade, Thomas was interrupted by the accused man himself, Eric Sparkes, who had a very different story to tell. Sparkes accused Thomas of faking the story for political purposes, saying he was, in fact, a Cuban American Democrat who was simply irritated that she brought so many groceries to the express checkout lane.

Thomas rebuked Sparkes' version of events, however, in an interview later in the day on Saturday, saying, "I don't know if he said 'go back,' or those types of words ... I don't know if he said 'go back to your country' or 'go back to where you came from,' but he was making those types of references is what I remember."

A local journalist further asked her, "So you don't remember exactly what he said?"

Thomas replied, "No, no, definitely not. But I know it was 'go back' because I know I told him to 'go back.'"

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/georgia-state-rep-erica-thomas-backtracks-on-racism-accusations

Bill Cipher

She’s a liar.  It’s too bad the MSM will not take her to task for this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Mrs. Liberty was in Cat Lick school K-12, and she told me the standard threat for grades 1-3 was "You are going to burn in Hell for coloring outside the lines."

True.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Didn't take long to Rat her out.
Georgia lawmaker who said man told her to 'go back where you came from' walks back part of claim
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-lawmaker-walks-back-claim-white-man-told-her-to-go-back-go-back-where-you-came-from
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington