Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump  (Read 6260 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
« on: July 20, 2019, 10:19:35 pm »
Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
by Zachary Halaschak
 | July 20, 2019 05:35 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz said it is “absolutely” possible that President Trump will be defeated in 2020, putting the odds at about 50-50.

In an interview with PBS, the Texas Republican cited anger from “the far left” as a motivator for higher Democratic voter turnout.

“I personally handicap the 2020 election as a coin flip. I think it’s about 50-50. I want to see the president reelected, I’m working hard to help the president get reelected, and I think he certainly can get reelected,” Cruz said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-2020-election-is-a-coin-flip-for-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LottieDah

Re: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 01:57:59 am »
Cruz may be correct.  Some people, myself included. are losing patience with the mad tweeter.  Someone ought to freeze his Twitter account.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 02:34:51 am »
   Sen. Cruz still taste the closeness of his last, 2018.
   Trump started out so strong on voter integrity in the election process, lost a couple of early battles in the courts and conceded defeat, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 02:46:40 am »
Thank you Sen. Cruz.

A truly fine man with political judgment far in excess of that displayed by many  #nevertrumpers.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 02:54:40 am »
   That should bother me, but it don't @truth_seeker
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 03:00:12 am »
Cruz may be correct.  Some people, myself included. are losing patience with the mad tweeter.  Someone ought to freeze his Twitter account.

That's not the 'issue', IMO.

He's gained a helluva lot more American voters with his Tweets and his overall style.  And accomplishments.

The issue is how many Leftist and brains-full-of-mush teenagers will vote

And you can take that to the bank.....someone said.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 03:04:24 am »

@LottieDah

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 03:05:56 am »
Ted, go get a shave.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 03:08:10 am »
FTA

Cruz, 48, said he thinks there will be “staggering Democratic turnout” and cited his recent 2018 midterm horse race against 2020 presidential contender and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke in his analysis. O’Rourke was able to mobilize voters to turn out in droves in reliably red Texas. Cruz won by a 3-point margin.

No worries, Ted.  Principled conservatives are already dusting off their soap boxes to use to out sit the election.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 03:12:32 am »
FTA

No worries, Ted.  Principled conservatives are already dusting off their soap boxes to use to out sit the election.

Typical Trump supporter reaction.  I suppose if your guy loses, it will be the fault of the rest of us.  Can't possibly be because Trump sucks as president and maybe people are tired of him a nd the rest of the Republican lumps.

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 03:17:05 am »
Cruz, 48, said he thinks there will be “staggering Democratic turnout” and cited his recent 2018 midterm horse race against 2020 presidential contender and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke in his analysis. O’Rourke was able to mobilize voters to turn out in droves in reliably red Texas. Cruz won by a 3-point margin.

Just a bit of perspective on the Senator's perspective:  Cruz won reelection by a 3-point margin; Abbott won reelection by a 13-point margin (55.8-42.5).

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 03:22:34 am »
Typical Trump supporter reaction.  I suppose if your guy loses, it will be the fault of the rest of us. 

Well, @Applewood I don't like the word "fault".  But .... if the election turns out to be close and winnable and you admit to getting a pedicure rather than voting .... well, I could learn to like the word.   happy77

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 04:11:03 am »
Like any terrorist organization they choose to pursue their political ends through violence, fear & intimidation. They must be stopped. I’m proud to introduce this resolution w
@SenBillCassidy
 to properly identify what Antifa are: domestic terrorists. —>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-and-bill-cassidy-file-resolution-to-designate-antifa-as-a-domestic-terrorist-organization
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 08:21:54 am »
Cruz has never been what I consider to be a savvy politician.  His behavior at the 2016 Republican convention was that of a three year old, and not that of a highly educated, experienced individual.

While it is not a forgone conclusion, Trump's winning, I just do not see how the Democommies bring anything at him to unseat him.

The FED could play games and slow the economy, but short of that, Trump wins.

In the end, the big mouths of the racist Anarchist Four, and other voices like Wilson, Waters, Nadler, Schiff, Greene,  etc..those voices kill the Dems in 2020.  They are all idiots, and truly embarrassing.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 11:47:45 am »
Well, @Applewood I don't like the word "fault".  But .... if the election turns out to be close and winnable and you admit to getting a pedicure rather than voting .... well, I could learn to like the word.   happy77

Next year, getting a pedicure would be far more beneficial than voting for Trump or any other candidate for that office.  At least my toes would look pretty.  LOL

Do you think I like the idea of staying home?  Believe me, I don't.  I once promised my Dad I would always vote -- even if the pickings were slim to none.  It pains me that I may have to break that promise. 

Sadly, voting is not like it was in my Dad's generation.  Back then a voter felt there were real choices.  I don't see those choices now..

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:49 pm »
Next year, getting a pedicure would be far more beneficial than voting for Trump or any other candidate for that office.  At least my toes would look pretty.  LOL

Do you think I like the idea of staying home?  Believe me, I don't.  I once promised my Dad I would always vote -- even if the pickings were slim to none.  It pains me that I may have to break that promise. 

Sadly, voting is not like it was in my Dad's generation.  Back then a voter felt there were real choices.  I don't see those choices now..

@Applewood

1) Swear that up until a few days ago, thought you were male.   

2) Imagine my disappointment.     

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 12:49:44 pm »
Cruz has never been what I consider to be a savvy politician.  His behavior at the 2016 Republican convention was that of a three year old, and not that of a highly educated, experienced individual.

While it is not a forgone conclusion, Trump's winning, I just do not see how the Democommies bring anything at him to unseat him.

The FED could play games and slow the economy, but short of that, Trump wins.

In the end, the big mouths of the racist Anarchist Four, and other voices like Wilson, Waters, Nadler, Schiff, Greene,  etc..those voices kill the Dems in 2020.  They are all idiots, and truly embarrassing.

???? Actually Cruz was standing up for himself and the delegates being wronged -- no roll count vote allowed @ Convention?  Seriously?  Sounds a bit shady to me.  There is no doubt that Trump had the RNC, and a few others in his pocket along with the media who gave him more 'free' air time than any other candidate.

However, Cruz is absolutely correct.  The DEMS are highly agitated and will stop at absolutely nothing to win in 2020; no fraud or corruption will be beneath them.  Secondly, the demographics have changed BIGLY especially in TX.  IMHO, Julian Castro is the wild card; IF he becomes the DEM nominee or he is the DEM VP, I believe it is game over for Trump and the GOP.

I think it should also be considered that he has lost some of his base due to his continual backpedaling and his childish tweets and rants.  His FAILURE at the border is also in focus and rightfully so.

Of course people need to vote their conscious.  For me, (as it stands now) I will vote for Trump to stop the radical leftists.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/11/11/latinos-could-turn-texas-blue-2020-enthusiasm-holds-say
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:51:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 12:56:51 pm »
It is entirely to early to handicap the 2020 presidential election.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 01:00:38 pm »

It is entirely to early too handicap the 2020 presidential election.

"The Son of God compells me!!"  ...  Father Merrin    :laugh:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 01:06:55 pm »

It is entirely to early too handicap the 2020 presidential election.

Dude....  did you have your coffee yet? 

:laugh:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 01:08:14 pm »
Just a bit of perspective on the Senator's perspective:  Cruz won reelection by a 3-point margin; Abbott won reelection by a 13-point margin (55.8-42.5).

Cruz was a very unlikable candidate. But I did my duty as a conservative and I voted for him. I still think he is a
liar and as phony as a three dollar bill.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 01:10:27 pm »

Amen!  I'd rather have Father Guido Sarducci weigh in on this.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 01:11:26 pm »

LOL!   Could claim it was a poor attempt at self-deprecation....but I'd be lying.     Didn't even see that!    :silly:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 01:12:45 pm »
Amen!  I'd rather have Father Guido Sarducci weigh in on this.

:beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 01:13:14 pm »
Cruz was a very unlikable candidate. But I did my duty as a conservative and I voted for him. I still think he is a
liar and as phony as a three dollar bill.

You are entitled to your opinion.  He is still one person who I would absolutely be honored to meet.