Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump  (Read 6259 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 01:14:09 pm »
LOL!   Could claim it was a poor attempt at self-deprecation....but I'd be lying.     Didn't even see that!    :silly:

:laugh:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 02:07:02 pm »
Trump does have a sense of humor.  His characterization of Cruz as Lying Ted was right on.

Who knows what Cruz's motivations are to say this nonsense.  It could be sincere, or he could be up to tricks.  I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.  But then again, there is no politician I trust to be clear.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 02:14:48 pm »
@Applewood

1) Swear that up until a few days ago, thought you were male.   

2) Imagine my disappointment.   

:rolling:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 02:17:30 pm »
Just a bit of perspective on the Senator's perspective:  Cruz won reelection by a 3-point margin; Abbott won reelection by a 13-point margin (55.8-42.5).

You are correct; the Trump team lies about Cruz hurt quite a bit.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »
Cruz has never been what I consider to be a savvy politician.  His behavior at the 2016 Republican convention was that of a three year old, and not that of a highly educated, experienced individual.

While it is not a forgone conclusion, Trump's winning, I just do not see how the Democommies bring anything at him to unseat him.

The FED could play games and slow the economy, but short of that, Trump wins.

In the end, the big mouths of the racist Anarchist Four, and other voices like Wilson, Waters, Nadler, Schiff, Greene,  etc..those voices kill the Dems in 2020.  They are all idiots, and truly embarrassing.

Trump already shook off everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him. He’s immune at this point—whatever new blockbuster revelations the Left comes up with next, won’t make a dent.

Face it faux conservatives and NeverTrumpers, I’m afraid he’s invincible. 

Say it with me now, President “two-term” Trump.  :yowsa:

Online corbe

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2019, 02:49:54 pm »
Trump already shook off everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him. He’s immune at this point—whatever new blockbuster revelations the Left comes up with next, won’t make a dent.

Face it faux conservatives and NeverTrumpers, I’m afraid he’s invincible. 

Say it with me now, President “two-term” Trump.  :yowsa:

@aligncare Life has taught me that no one is 'invincible'.   There is always a BIGGER Bully.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2019, 03:35:11 pm »
Does anyone think that if TRUMP would have kept his campaign promises of The wall and Drain the Swamp THEIR WOULD EVEN BE A CONCERN ABOUT HIM GETTING REELECTED? It would be a LOCK. Illegal alien immigration is still on the minds of 70 %  the AMERICAN people.  :crossed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2019, 04:24:47 pm »
Does anyone think that if TRUMP would have kept his campaign promises of The wall and Drain the Swamp THEIR WOULD EVEN BE A CONCERN ABOUT HIM GETTING REELECTED? It would be a LOCK. Illegal alien immigration is still on the minds of 70 %  the AMERICAN people.  :crossed:

There are just those pesky other two branches of FedGov; Congress and the Courts
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2019, 05:37:45 pm »
There are just those pesky other two branches of FedGov; Congress and the Courts

And why didn't Trump even try to work with congress to get things done?  Instead he tried to do it on his own and the courts would not allow it.  If he had tried to work with congress, he might have been able to at least partly fulfill his promises.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2019, 06:36:57 pm »

They were there when he was campaigning....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »
They were there when he was campaigning....
True, they always remain there. I get the feeing, that the shortcoming was in Congress, to a greater extent than with Trump himself.

The Republican majority has been a very undependable thing.

It remains my belief, that Ryan did his best, to avoid giving Trump big victories, on health care, and immigration.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 07:25:29 pm »
True, they always remain there. I get the feeing, that the shortcoming was in Congress, to a greater extent than with Trump himself.

The Republican majority has been a very undependable thing.

It remains my belief, that Ryan did his best, to avoid giving Trump big victories, on health care, and immigration.

But, Congress is part of the deep state that he was running against. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2019, 07:42:11 pm »
Next year, getting a pedicure would be far more beneficial than voting for Trump or any other candidate for that office.  At least my toes would look pretty.  LOL

Do you think I like the idea of staying home?  Believe me, I don't.  I once promised my Dad I would always vote -- even if the pickings were slim to none.  It pains me that I may have to break that promise. 

Sadly, voting is not like it was in my Dad's generation.  Back then a voter felt there were real choices.  I don't see those choices now..

Oh, I WILL vote, providing I am not too stove up to move that day...
There will be a true Conservative on the field, and that is where my vote will go.
All I can tell you right now is that will not be the Republican.
And it will not be the Democrat.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 07:54:49 pm »
It's curious that many who assert they are conservative,
support Trump, who emphatically is not and never was.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 08:25:46 pm »

Ain't it though?
Not only that, but hawking him as the most conservative evah, no less...  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 09:06:54 pm »

Well back in 2016, I was told that if I didn't vote for Trump, I had to be a Hillary supporter or a closet Dem or something like that.  Trump supporters have tried to hijack the conservative mantel and make it their own exclusively.  You can't possibly be a conservative if you don't support Trump

Um...no.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 09:15:26 pm »
Well back in 2016, I was told that if I didn't vote for Trump, I had to be a Hillary supporter or a closet Dem or something like that.  Trump supporters have tried to hijack the conservative mantel and make it their own exclusively.  You can't possibly be a conservative if you don't support Trump

Um...no.

That's right.

Online corbe

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 09:22:43 pm »
Ted Cruz: 'Fox News went all in for Trump'

By Zack Budryk - 07/21/19 02:59 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Fox News “went all in for Trump” in the 2016 primaries in an interview with PBS’ “Firing Line with Margaret Hoover.”

“I think Fox News went all in for Trump; that was the decision,” Cruz said in an interview about journalist Tim Alberta’s book “American Carnage,” which quotes Cruz as saying Fox News founder Roger Ailes’s “dying wish” was to elect Trump as president. Ailes was forced out in 2016 over sexual misconduct allegations and died the next year.

Asked about the quote, Cruz said “I didn’t know Roger well, but I think it clearly is what he wanted to do.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/454068-ted-cruz-fox-news-went-all-in-for-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 09:44:02 pm »
    @aligncare Life has taught me that no one is 'invincible'.   There is always a BIGGER Bully.

And GHW Bush had about a 90% approval rating when Bill Clinton started his campaign in 1992.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2019, 10:23:10 pm »
Ain't it though?
Not only that, but hawking him as the most conservative evah, no less...  :shrug: :whistle:

Perhaps they have a much different definition of 'conservative'
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2019, 11:00:41 pm »
Perhaps they have a much different definition of 'conservative'

Words mean things.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2019, 11:12:34 pm »
You are correct; the Trump team lies about Cruz hurt quite a bit.

The "jump the shark" moment for Ted Cruz was, as we all know, at the convention.  No one forced him not to endorse Donald Trump, he decided this all on his own.  Cruz was given a spotlight to be the "bigger man" and earn a badge of honor that would have swept him back into office in 2018.  Ted Cruz chose otherwise.

Instead of putting the good of the country ahead of his hurt feelings, with those infamous three words Cruz asked his devotees to stand with him and support his tantrum.  In that moment Cruz told Republicans that a President Hillary Clinton was acceptable.  It cost donors and voter support he would have to fight to get back, and it's evident he did a poor job of this.  Ted Cruz, not Donald Trump, etched in stone "Lyin' Ted".

And here's the piece de resistance --- Donald Trump, always accused of being a lesser man, put the country ahead of his displeasure with Ted Cruz and personally dragged Ted's ass across the finish line in 2018.  After Ted's backstabbing at the convention, I imagine Ted's loss would have brought a private smile to Donald Trump.  But the President did what was right for the party and the country.  This is the glaring difference between the two men.

Abbott winning by a 13 point margin to Cruz's 3 point margin proves Ted Cruz is being disingenuous when he claims his razor thin victory was about turnout. It also proves Ted has learned nothing. No one can fault the President for this.

@Sanguine

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2019, 11:16:12 pm »
The "jump the shark" moment for Ted Cruz was, as we all know, at the convention.  No one forced him not to endorse Donald Trump, he decided this all on his own.  Cruz was given a spotlight to be the "bigger man" and earn a badge of honor that would have swept him back into office in 2018.  Ted Cruz chose otherwise.

Instead of putting the good of the country ahead of his hurt feelings, with those infamous three words Cruz asked his devotees to stand with him and support his tantrum.  In that moment Cruz told Republicans that a President Hillary Clinton was acceptable.  It cost donors and voter support he would have to fight to get back, and it's evident he did a poor job of this.  Ted Cruz, not Donald Trump, etched in stone "Lyin' Ted".

And here's the piece de resistance --- Donald Trump, always accused of being a lesser man, put the country ahead of his displeasure with Ted Cruz and personally dragged Ted's ass across the finish line in 2018.  After Ted's backstabbing at the convention, I imagine Ted's loss would have brought a private smile to Donald Trump.  But the President did what was right for the party and the country.  This is the glaring difference between the two men.

Abbott winning by a 13 point margin to Cruz's 3 point margin proves Ted Cruz is being disingenuous when he claims his razor thin victory was about turnout. It also proves Ted has learned nothing. No one can fault the President for this.

@Sanguine

How utterly Profound @Right_in_Virginia and I might ADD, somewhat Provocative.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2019, 11:16:18 pm »

@Sanguine

Not surprisingly, @Right_in_Virginia we disagree not only on the facts, but the interpretation of those facts.  I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you; the results are never pleasant. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2019, 11:16:21 pm »
"Sen. Ted Cruz said it is “absolutely” possible that President Trump will be defeated in 2020, putting the odds at about 50-50."

Haha, Canada Ted, you be the one to talk.
Considerin' what just happened to ya last year down deep in the heart of Texas...