Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump  (Read 6259 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2019, 01:52:36 am »
    IOW, My cheeks are stained with my Tears, another opportunity lost.

Wait... Passed out before the conjugals then?

:silly: :tongue2:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2019, 01:54:58 am »
Complete, unmitigated nonsense from the first word to the last.  The only possible argument one can make against a "vote your conscience" position is that one should vote *against* conscience; the only reason for being offended by that position is that one *in fact* voted against conscience.

Cruz actually *helps* Trump in claiming his thin margin was about turnout, rather than calling out the real reason - the character assassination Trump practiced.

Yeah... I just called it bullshit... But as always @HoustonSam , your eloquence surpasses.

:beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2019, 01:56:49 am »
Yeah... I just called it bullshit... But as always @HoustonSam , your eloquence surpasses.

:beer:

Agreed!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2019, 02:10:03 am »
Well, I'm a huge Cruz supporter, vowed to not vote for Trump, yet I did vote my conscience as Ted suggested and cast my vote for Trump in order to stop Hillary.  I will likely vote Trump in 2020 to stop the radical leftists, so put that in your Rice Krispies.

I commend you for your sound political judgment.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2019, 03:52:15 am »
Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
by Zachary Halaschak
 | July 20, 2019 05:35 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz said it is “absolutely” possible that President Trump will be defeated in 2020, putting the odds at about 50-50.

In an interview with PBS, the Texas Republican cited anger from “the far left” as a motivator for higher Democratic voter turnout.

“I personally handicap the 2020 election as a coin flip. I think it’s about 50-50. I want to see the president reelected, I’m working hard to help the president get reelected, and I think he certainly can get reelected,” Cruz said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ted-cruz-2020-election-is-a-coin-flip-for-trump

@mystery-ak

I watched Cruz on tv this morning. The blonde babe that interviewed him did an excellent job,and he fielded some pretty tough questions in a mostly reasonable manner.

It did seem obvious to me he is maneuvering to be the nominee in 2020 if Trump doesn't run,though. Maybe even if Trump does run. Can't really blame him for that because he IS a career politician.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2019, 03:54:31 am »
@LottieDah

@Right_in_Virginia

LOL! I had never thought about that,but damned if that doesn't nail it down.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2019, 03:57:22 am »
Typical Trump supporter reaction.  I suppose if your guy loses, it will be the fault of the rest of us.

Yes,it will. It's really not all that hard to figure out if you apply yourself. Two,or possibly three candidates will be running for President,and only ONE of them will win. Which means our President in 2020 will either be Trump or some far leftist clown. You will have a clear choice,and nobody will make it for you,BUT you.

Can't possibly be because Trump sucks as president and maybe people are tired of him a nd the rest of the Republican lumps.

Nope. It can only be because you would rather see a Dim sitting in the WH than Trump.

Don't blame ME if you don't like the reality you are trying to create. THAT baby will be YOURS.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:59:34 am by sneakypete »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2019, 04:56:10 am »
@sneakypete

As usual, on the subject of Trump, you like many of his other supporters, are full of horse manure.  If Trump had been even moderately successful in accomplishing his major agenda items, I would have gladly voted or him in 2020 and I'm sure many others would do the same.   But he didn't even try and  still won't.    Contrary to the typical Trump supporter blather, those of us who won't vote for him are not closet Dems or whatever other accusation you all wish to hurl at us.  Apparently, it's a lot easier to point fingers at us than to admit your guy fooled around for most of his first term as president and did not do his job. 

I don't see a whole lot of difference between the Dems actively accelerating the demise of this country and Republicans, who will sit on their fat backsides and just let that demise happen.  So why should I vote for anyone in either party?  The end result will just be the same. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2019, 05:00:13 am »

Yes,it will. It's really not all that hard to figure out if you apply yourself. Two,or possibly three candidates will be running for President,and only ONE of them will win. Which means our President in 2020 will either be Trump or some far leftist clown. You will have a clear choice,and nobody will make it for you,BUT you.

@sneakypete

You're being redundant.

:silly:

A distinction without a difference.

Nope. It can only be because you would rather see a Dim sitting in the WH than Trump.

No, it could easy be that one can see no difference between the two.
There being no conservative option, then I've got no dog in this hunt.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2019, 05:04:25 am »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2019, 05:36:20 am »
@sneakypete

As usual, on the subject of Trump, you like many of his other supporters, are full of horse manure.  If Trump had been even moderately successful in accomplishing his major agenda items, I would have gladly voted or him in 2020 and I'm sure many others would do the same.   But he didn't even try and  still won't.    Contrary to the typical Trump supporter blather, those of us who won't vote for him are not closet Dems or whatever other accusation you all wish to hurl at us.  Apparently, it's a lot easier to point fingers at us than to admit your guy fooled around for most of his first term as president and did not do his job. 

I don't see a whole lot of difference between the Dems actively accelerating the demise of this country and Republicans, who will sit on their fat backsides and just let that demise happen.  So why should I vote for anyone in either party?  The end result will just be the same.

@Applewood

Ok Bubba,so why not tell us which of the other candidates in 2016 would have done more?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2019, 05:38:19 am »
@sneakypete

You're being redundant.

:silly:

No, it could easy be that one can see no difference between the two.
There being no conservative option, then I've got no dog in this hunt.

@roamer_1

BullBush! Name ONE president that has even tried to do more to get America back on track than Trump.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2019, 05:50:09 am »
@roamer_1

BullBush! Name ONE president that has even tried to do more to get America back on track than Trump.

@sneakypete
A false question implying he has...

Y'all are getting to be as bad as Bushbots.   :whistle:

Remember, all we get to keep is a business tax cut, and a buttload of debt. What else?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2019, 08:06:36 am »
@roamer_1

William Henry Harrison
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2019, 10:13:37 am »
@Applewood

Ok Bubba,so why not tell us which of the other candidates in 2016 would have done more?

Any of them.  At least they would have actually been WORKING instead of tweeting BS and playing to adoring fans. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2019, 10:47:29 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

LOL! I had never thought about that,but damned if that doesn't nail it down.

888high58888  @sneakypete   It really does nail it!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:10 am »
Any of them.  At least they would have actually been WORKING instead of tweeting BS and playing to adoring fans.

@Applewood

{Personal insults removed}. Maybe both.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:13:31 pm by Mod5 »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2019, 12:30:41 pm »

This post is empirical evidence that you have no 'street cred' and {Personal insults removed}

Truly pathetic, actually.    *****rollingeyes*****   
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:14:27 pm by Mod5 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2019, 01:16:41 pm »
This post is empirical evidence that you have no 'street cred' and {Personal insults removed}

Truly pathetic, actually.    *****rollingeyes*****

:rolling: 

Really?  Instead of calling me names and hurling accusations at me,  how about you and @sneakypete give me some evidence of what Trump has actually accomplished as to all of his major campaign promises such as ending the invasion of illegals and "refugees," reducing our runaway spending, real tax reform, ridding us of Obamacare and so on? Did he really work with his own party to get things done?  Apart from a few PR photos of so-called meetings and news reports of his temper tantrums ar a couple of these "meetings"  -- which I think were staged -- he didnt do jack.

This first term has been one big reality tv show with phony crises and controversies, staff being hired then fired and so on.  All this presidency needed is the requisite reality tv catfight between 2 scantily clad babes in the swimming pool. In any event, Trump has been a phony president who has done nothing for supporters but entertain them. 

Trump has never taken this job seriously and the only reason he is suddenly coming alive now is that he wants to be re-elected. Where was he when he had Republican majorities in both houses of congress?  Now that he no longer has the house and may very well lose the senate, he is promising to get things done if re-elected?  If Trump supporters believe that, I have some prime swamp land to sell them.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:14:53 pm by Mod5 »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2019, 01:29:46 pm »
@sneakypete

As usual, on the subject of Trump, you like many of his other supporters, are full of horse manure.  If Trump had been even moderately successful in accomplishing his major agenda items, I would have gladly voted or him in 2020 and I'm sure many others would do the same.   But he didn't even try and  still won't.   

@Applewood

It is not true an unfair to say Trump not fighting for his agenda. One example

There’s A Full-Fledged Fight Over The Wall Going On In The Supreme Court
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:36:40 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2019, 01:32:32 pm »
@sneakypete

Not true, judicial appointments are reason enough for any real conservative to vote for Trump.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »
:rolling: 

Really?  Instead of calling me names and hurling accusations at me,  how about you and @sneakypete give me some evidence of what Trump has actually accomplished as to all of his major campaign promises such as ending the invasion of illegals and "refugees," reducing our runaway spending, real tax reform, ridding us of Obamacare and so on?

@Applewood

Ahhhh,I see you are one of those confused people that think a President is a dictator,and can do whatever he wants,even if the RINO's in his own party refuse to back him.

Did he really work with his own party to get things done? 

Wrong question,and it shows your Party Creature mindset.

The RIGHT question to ask is "Did his party work with him to help him accomplish the goals he ran on?" The obvious answer is "No",because they don't want to see those promises fulfilled because it would upset some of THEIR little apple carts.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2019, 01:49:31 pm »
Really?  Instead of calling me names and hurling accusations at me,  how about you and @sneakypete give me some evidence of what Trump has actually accomplished as to all of his major campaign promises such as ending the invasion of illegals and "refugees," reducing our runaway spending, real tax reform, ridding us of Obamacare and so on? Did he really work with his own party to get things done?  Apart from a few PR photos of so-called meetings and news reports of his temper tantrums ar a couple of these "meetings"  -- which I think were staged -- he didnt do jack.

It takes two to tango, folks like Paul Ryan and John McCain were never under any circumstances going to help
Trump get his agenda thru Congress. Quite the opposite in fact. Trump has never been a politician and likely
underestimated the deep state opposition he faced. And then there was team Mueller who spent two years
digging for dirt with which to impeach Trump. I say the deep state did a very good job of blocking Trump at
every turn, but he is learning how to play their game and the remaking of the courts is a huge win for
conservatives. If he gets 4 more years we will have a conservative SC for a generation. Next up is Amy Barrett
google her, you'll love having her on the SC.

Here is a short piece on her

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline aligncare

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2019, 01:57:04 pm »
Not true, judicial appointments are reason enough for any real conservative to vote for Trump.

Save your breath. They’re not into the logic of advancing the court toward a more constitutional role in the future. They want the man making those appointments gone. He offends their virtue. That’s all that matters.

Therefore, nothing Trump does to constitutionally move, where he can, his conservative agenda forward, is good enough for them.

And to say that Trump doesn’t work hard, is ludicrous. The guy’s been a workaholic his entire life. Trump’s output has demonstrably outstripped previous modern president’s.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2019, 01:58:35 pm »

So far, as predicted, Judicial appointments have been of little consequence. To be fair - I left judicial appointments in a sort of limbo, hoping to be found wrong... But so far - the results are disappointing.

So sorry. Try again.