Author Topic: Portland and the Evolution of Mob Rule  (Read 231 times)

rangerrebew

Portland and the Evolution of Mob Rule
« on: July 20, 2019, 01:21:31 pm »
July 19, 2019
Portland and the Evolution of Mob Rule
By John Glynn

Imagine that you are an alien.  You have just touched down on Planet Earth, and you are eager to familiarize yourself with Portland, Oregon.  Why Portland?  It doesn't matter.

You check out Portlandia, the sketch comedy television series, starring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein.  The show portrays the city as a bastion of liberal culture, a utopian metropolis where the woke sip soy lattes and smoke copious amounts of weed.  Portland, according to the show, is a mecca for peace-loving hippies, a place where inhabitants have a Panglossian view of the world.

You, the alien, arrive there only to find chaos.  Portland is not a mecca for peace loving hippies; it is a mecca for intolerance and violence.  It's a city where mob rule reigns supreme.  The City of Roses doesn't smell so s

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/portland_and_the_evolution_of_mob_rule.html#ixzz5uDvch2Fh

Offline goatprairie

Re: Portland and the Evolution of Mob Rule
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 02:34:14 pm »
In close to seventy years of life I've never seen anything like what is going in Portland where the mayor of the city allows lawless thugs to take over from the police and distribute "justice" to people who don't share their political philosophy.
By enabling the thugs, the mayor, Ted Wheeler, is a thug.  Welcome to the new type of Dem mayor America....not only clueless, but allied with fascists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 04:16:01 pm »
I remember when the Mayor of Baltimore said rioters need to be able to destroy some things.  It's their "right."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 04:25:17 pm »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 06:51:24 pm »
I remember when the Mayor of Baltimore said rioters need to be able to destroy some things.  It's their "right."
The mayor of Baltimore was feckless and clueless. The mayor of Portland knows what he's doing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 07:22:56 pm »
The mayor of Baltimore was feckless and clueless. The mayor of Portland knows what he's doing.

There doesn't seem to be a practical difference. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 08:52:03 pm »
There doesn't seem to be a practical difference. :shrug:
Probably not. But one is just incompetent, and one wants to deliberately subvert the law. The Baltimore mayor was simply overwhelmed and had no idea what to do except let everybody run loose. Mayor Wheeler wants to crush all opposition to leftism in Portland.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 01:23:25 am »
goat wrote:
"In close to seventy years of life I've never seen anything like what is going in Portland where the mayor of the city allows lawless thugs to take over from the police and distribute "justice" to people who don't share their political philosophy.
By enabling the thugs, the mayor, Ted Wheeler, is a thug.  Welcome to the new type of Dem mayor America....not only clueless, but allied with fascists."

That's why -- in previous posts -- I've referred to the blue states as becoming the "new slavery states", as distinguished from the red states, which are the "traditional freedom states".

It's a distinction to draw as we progress inevitably towards a 21st Century "Fort Sumter moment".