Author Topic: Got Freedom? Thank a Vietnam Warrior  (Read 173 times)

rangerrebew

Got Freedom? Thank a Vietnam Warrior
« on: July 20, 2019, 11:13:14 am »
July 20, 2019
Got Freedom? Thank a Vietnam Warrior
By Deborah C. Tyler

During the recent 75th D-Day anniversary celebrations, I happened to go into a Chinese takeout spot.  As I waited in line, the young man behind the counter was loudly pontificating at the customer in front of me about the wrongfulness of the Vietnam War.  I stepped up to the counter and said, "Why are you doing this?  There may be veterans in this store, or their families.  They sacrificed everything for your freedom.  Do you really want to insult them?"

He replied, "I am on their side.  They didn't want to be there."

I said, "Of course they didn't want to be there.  What young man wants to face being killed, to see his buddies killed, to have poisoned spikes shoved through his feet?  They wanted to be just living their lives like you are.  They answered the call of duty so you could be free.  The first generation of Americans who won't answer that call, our freedom is over."  He looked stunned.  I said, "See this counter and this cash register and the nice car you have parked out back?  This nice store your family has?  All this you have because they stood up to the Soviet Union.  If America hadn't done that, you think you'd be standing here shouting your opinions in a communist country?"

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/got_freedom_thank_a_vietnam_warrior.html