Author Topic: Andy Ngo: Liberals cheer as antifa violence escalates  (Read 295 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Andy Ngo: Liberals cheer as antifa violence escalates
« on: July 20, 2019, 07:40:51 am »
Liberals cheer as antifa violence escalates
nypost.com

In the early hours on Saturday, police in Tacoma, Wash., rushed to the local Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility. An armed man was firebombing the building and nearby vehicles. Police killed him in a shootout after he attempted to set off a large propane tank connected to the facility. Antifa social media accounts subsequently identified their fallen “comrade” as Willem Van Spronsen.

The underreported incident marks a new chapter in the return of armed left-wing terrorism to the United States. It also triggered a flash of memory in my mind: I had crossed paths with Van Spronsen in December, when a group of rifle-carrying antifa militiamen tried to prevent me from filming their protest outside Seattle City Hall.

Little did I know then that I would soon have a more immediate encounter with antifa violence. Two weeks ago, I was left hospitalized with a brain hemorrhage after a mob of mask-clad rioters beat and robbed me while I was covering a demonstration in downtown Portland, Ore. The attack, claimed by Rose City Antifa, was caught on videos that went viral online.

Continued at: https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/liberals-cheer-as-antifa-violence-escalates/

Online mountaineer

Re: Andy Ngo: Liberals cheer as antifa violence escalates
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 12:23:51 pm »
Andy tweeted:
Andy NgoVerified account @MrAndyNgo

The #antifa fire bomber, who was honored in antifa memorials in the Pacific NW this week, allegedly took his young son to “militia meetings.” His ex-wife also accused him of DV. Police found stockpiles of ammunition & Molotov cocktails at his home.
1:40 PM - 19 Jul 2019
Gee, how did someone accused of domestic violence get all those weapons?
... After searching Van Spronsen’s home on Vashon Island, police say the man claimed association with Antifa and was once a member of the Puget Sound John Brown Gun Club.

The group’s website describes it as an “anti-fascist, anti-racist, pro-worker community defense organization committed to accountable, community-led defense in the Puget Sound.”

Van Spronsen was a “known anarchist” and sent out a manifesto to several people shortly before his death, police said.  ...

His now ex-wife wrote in a petition seeking a protection orders in January that Van Spronsen talked of dying at the hands of police or of an intentional heroin overdose and that he took their school-age son to what she called militia meetings.

“He would also talk about dying for a cause and anarchist actions,” she wrote, among other concerns. “This was near the end of our marriage. I found it very scary and upsetting because I believed he would do it, even if it hurt someone and even if he died as a result.”

The protection order that followed in February made it illegal for him to have firearms.  ...
Read more at News-Tribune

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org