Author Topic: Buttigieg tells black voters he has ‘the privilege of whiteness’  (Read 444 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Buttigieg tells black voters he has ‘the privilege of whiteness’
Washington Examiner, Jul 19, 2019,  Caitlin Yilek

Pete Buttigieg vowed to use his “privilege of whiteness” to advocate for black Americans as he struggles to woo African American voters, a demographic he needs to win over to secure the Democratic presidential nomination.

The 2020 Democratic presidential candidate sent a fundraising email Friday with a subject line of “Seneca Falls,” referring to the first women’s rights convention in 1848.

Buttigieg said Seneca Falls showed it is “important that people from every walk of life stand up for each other,” and, as a male candidate, it is “particularly important that this campaign be outspoken about women’s equality.”

“It’s why I welcome my obligation as a candidate with the privilege of whiteness on my side to speak about systemic racism in this country,” the email said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/buttigieg-tells-black-voters-he-has-the-privilege-of-whiteness

Does he mean "white privilege"?    :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

Naw,Buttplug is bragging about being white.

This should really help him win the primary,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

@Right_in_Virginia

Naw,Buttplug is bragging about being white.

This should really help him win the primary,huh?

He did turn the chant inside out ... turning into bragging.  What a moron!   :laugh:

@sneakypete

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

No, it's actually worse.

Try googling "whiteness", and see some of the disgustingly racist stuff being published under the mantle of "scholarship" or "journalism".

And btw, I hope that the use of terms like "whiteness" get jammed down the throats of any Democrat nominee who uses them.  I don't think they play well at all even among some black Americans.

Offline PeteS in CA

Could someone translate Buttigieg's comment from Proglish into English? I'm too cheap to upgrade my Proglish Decoder App to the "Pro" version.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Could someone translate Buttigieg's comment from Proglish into English? I'm too cheap to upgrade my Proglish Decoder App to the "Pro" version.

@PeterS

Why bother when it still won't make any sense to any rational,or even semi-rational person?

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeterS

Why bother when it still won't make any sense to any rational,or even semi-rational person?

This guy looks like he could help:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This guy looks like he could help:

@PeteS in CA

A possible running mate to make him look more mainstream?

Although I think Daffy Duck would be a better fit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Buttigieg tells black voters he has ‘the privilege of whiteness’"

Not only is his sexual orientation all messed up, so is his grammar!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The fool from Indiana may well be the king of fools.  Its not bad enough he thinks an openly gay guy has a shot, he loves to talk about things that do not advance him in the horde he is running against.

He drops early.  And he is no ones running mate. He brings nothing to the ticket.