Author Topic: UK-flagged tanker seized by Iran's Revolutionary Guard in Strait of Hormuz  (Read 526 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Iran has seized a British-flagged oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz amid growing tensions in the region.

The Stena Impero, which has a crew of 23 onboard, “was approached by unidentified small crafts and a helicopter during transit of the Strait of Hormuz while the vessel was in international waters,” Stena Bulk said in a statement.

“There have been no reported injuries and their safety is of primary concern to both owners and managers,” it added.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-flagged-tanker-seized-by-irans-revolutionary-guard-in-strait-of-hormuz
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
These are escalating acts of aggression that need to be answered forcefully.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

These are escalating acts of aggression that need to be answered forcefully.
It will be done for sure.

Iran is playing a game that it cannot win.

I do not believe our current President will solve this by sending a pallet full of cash their way either.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:42:05 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It will be done for sure.

Iran is playing a game that it cannot win.

If the Brit Ministry of Defence has any stones...they'll tell the Mullahs that for every day you hold our tanker we'll sink three of your frigates.

Maybe a little commando raid on their Sub base on the Iraqi border would get their attention.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'HOSTILE ACT' Iran seizes British oil tanker in the Gulf with 23 crew on board days after clash with Royal Navy
Breaking

Jon RogersHolly Christodoulou

19 Jul 2019, 19:59Updated: 19 Jul 2019, 20:14

A BRITISH oil tanker with 23 crew on board has been seized by Iranian troops in the Gulf, the country's state TV said.

The Government's Cobra committee is holding an emergency meeting in Whitehall tonight after the Stena Impero was halted in the Strait of Hormuz by what the ship's owners called a "hostile action".

more
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9544266/iran-british-oil-tanker-revolutionary-guard-royal-navy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING...2ND tanker seized...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

So has Trump been in consult with the powers that be in the UK yet?  Iran is going to continue to push the US and its allies to see how or whether we will react.  It's high time Trump stop being bitchy with our allies, unite with them and give Iran a good beat down.

Offline PeteS in CA

IIRC - and I could be wrong - isn't the RN at a pretty low ebb in terms of ship assets? Last I heard they were sharing the rather unreliable Charles de Gaulle with France as their only aircraft carrier while a new one was under construction. And while their submariners are among the best in the world, I think their submarine fleet has shrunk due to retirements.

More generally, it would not surprise me if the 8 Wasp Class amphibious assault ships have greater aircraft capacity than all the world's carriers combined, excluding the USN.

A little more on topic, I think things are to the point that either some AC-130s and/or A-10s need to be loitering over that straight whenever tankers are transiting it, or a bunch or Iranian boats and naval facilities need to experience mysterious destructive explosions.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
txradio wrote:
"If the Brit Ministry of Defence has any stones...they'll tell the Mullahs that for every day you hold our tanker we'll sink three of your frigates."

Who's Prime Minister in the UK right now?
Is it still that wuss May?
Or has she stepped down?
Do you really expect her to do much of anything?

Not-so-fearless prediction:
Although I'd like to see Britain respond forcefully, I doubt they will.
I would ENJOY being wrong about this. Time will tell.

The only nations that will be willing to/will deal with Iran are Israel and the United States.

So Mr. Trump and Mr. Netanyahu better get together and start "making plans".

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran seizes British tanker in Strait of Hormuz
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 11:54:50 pm »
Iran seizes British tanker in Strait of Hormuz
www.bbc.com
Image copyright Erwin Willemse Stena Impero
There will be "serious consequences" if Iran does not release a British-flagged tanker seized in the Gulf, Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said.

The Stena Impero's owners say they have been unable to contact their vessel, which had 23 personnel on board and was "heading north towards Iran".

It was surrounded by four vessels and a helicopter, Mr Hunt said.

Read more at:  https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-49053383

Offline PeteS in CA

The RN carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth is working up and expected to become fully operational in 2020. The RN has 6 attack submarines, 4 destroyers, and 13 frigates; their 4 ballistic missile carrying submarines would not come into play. While more powerful than the Iranian navy, I don't think that force is adequate to protect British shipping in that area plus the Indian Ocean near Somalia.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.