Author Topic: Democrats who call Republicans racist need to learn their history  (Read 503 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 19, 2019
Democrats who call Republicans racist need to learn their history
By Michael Smith

Am I a racist?

I'm told that I am.  In fact, since I've always been a conservative, I have always been called racist...by people I have never met nor will ever meet.

As a matter of fact, the first time racism was employed as a national political tactic was in the 1964 presidential elections because Barry Goldwater, the Republican candidate, was a conservative, and since racist Democrats had also promoted conservative values, he had to be a racist.  Speaking of racist Democrats, at the same time Goldwater was campaigning, Democrats were fighting the Civil Rights Act, and the newly elected Alabama governor, Democrat George Wallace, was giving his "Segregation Forever" speech.

George Wallace's speech is instructive and germane to the "Am I a racist?" question for a couple of reasons.

First, it is instructive of what real racism looks like.  Real racism isn't disagreeing with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Ilhan Omar (if that in fact is her real name).  It isn't calling for lower taxes and smaller government.  It isn't stating that reparations are unwarranted and unworkable.  It's not calling for border security or voter ID.

It is thinking and acting as if a particular race is superior to another based on nothing but skin color and instituting policies that reflect those views.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/07/democrats_who_call_republicans_racist_need_to_learn_their_history.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Democrats who call Republicans racist need to learn their history
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 01:11:07 pm »
B-b-but, muh Southern Strategy, they mutter...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:07:05 pm »
You sound like you've read about the myth of the "Southern Strategy."  Many libs still believe that lie. The facts are southern whites were turning Republican a decade or so before Nixon got elected.
There is no way conservative southern whites would continue to vote for a Dem Party that was turning ever more leftwards.
The nomination for president of ultra-left George McGovern in 1972 was probably the straw that broke the camel's back for many southern whites.
Heck, I was a Dem at the time, and even I couldn't vote for McGovern after watching the parade of leftist nuts to the podium at the '72 Dem convention. Can't remember who I voted for.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 02:15:45 pm »

If Nixon had a Southern Strategy, it failed miserably.  Nixon won outright only 4 Southern States in 1968.  Meanwhile, all racist Democrats that year remained racist Democrats.  Less than a decade later, these same Democrats would name a former Klan leader as their Senate Majority Leader.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:35:45 pm »
If Nixon had a Southern Strategy, it failed miserably.  Nixon won outright only 4 Southern States in 1968.  Meanwhile, all racist Democrats that year remained racist Democrats.  Less than a decade later, these same Democrats would name a former Klan leader as their Senate Majority Leader.
Only one southern segregationist Dem senator, Strom Thurmond, switched parties to become a Republican. All the rest remained in the Dem Party.
Dem strategists cannot face reality and understand that there's no way patriotic, conservative, white southerners were going to continue to vote for the increasingly anti-American, leftist Dem party.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 04:40:55 pm »
You sound like you've read about the myth of the "Southern Strategy."  Many libs still believe that lie. The facts are southern whites were turning Republican a decade or so before Nixon got elected.
There is no way conservative southern whites would continue to vote for a Dem Party that was turning ever more leftwards.
The nomination for president of ultra-left George McGovern in 1972 was probably the straw that broke the camel's back for many southern whites.
Heck, I was a Dem at the time, and even I couldn't vote for McGovern after watching the parade of leftist nuts to the podium at the '72 Dem convention. Can't remember who I voted for.

Then the South went solidly for Carter in 76.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 04:45:38 pm »

Except for Virginia.  And they were subsequently punished with the loss of $1 billion in shipbuilding contracts that went to Philadelphia instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 05:32:16 pm »
Carter was hardly what you'd call an old time southern seg. He supposedly represented the modern south.
 But in 1980 Carter won only six states  and only one deep south state his home state Georgia. Two states were northern states, Minnesota and New Jersey, and the other three were border states, WV, Maryland, and Delaware.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 05:36:43 pm »
Carter was hardly what you'd call an old time southern seg. He supposedly represented the modern south.

Nonsense.  Jimmy Carter ran on the same ticket as Lester Maddox.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 06:03:09 pm »
Nonsense.  Jimmy Carter ran on the same ticket as Lester Maddox.

Were you around in '76? I was a Dem at the time and voted for Jimmah.  If he was similar to Maddox, he would have never gotten the Dem nomination. Carter basically rejected the position of the old southern segs like Maddox. His hero was JFK.
As a member of the Sumter County school board in the early sixties, Carter was an early proponent of school integration.
He was later involved in a three way race with for gov. with Maddox and some other guy on the Dem ticket. He was deeply disturbed when Maddox got elected.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 06:59:38 pm »
Were you around in '76? I was a Dem at the time and voted for Jimmah.  If he was similar to Maddox, he would have never gotten the Dem nomination. Carter basically rejected the position of the old southern segs like Maddox. His hero was JFK.
As a member of the Sumter County school board in the early sixties, Carter was an early proponent of school integration.
He was later involved in a three way race with for gov. with Maddox and some other guy on the Dem ticket. He was deeply disturbed when Maddox got elected.

You are confusing the real Jimmy Carter with the press-invented Jimmy Carter.  Carter was a segregationist throughout his entire Georgia political career.  When the Brown decision was handed down in 1954, he sat on the local school board in Sumter County.  That board decided not to integrate schools but to keep segregation as its official policy.  In 1956, Carter fought against construction of a new 'Negro' elementary school because the location was too close in proximity to the white elementary school.

It was Governor Carl Sanders that would move Georgia away from segregation into a period of racial harmony.  In 1966, with Sanders unable to succeed himself, the gubernatorial race came down to Lester Maddox and Bo Calloway, a staunch opponent of Jim Crow.  Carter threw his support behind Maddox.  Calloway actually received more votes than Maddox, but because he did not win an outright majority, it was up to the Georgia Legislature to decide.  That is how the vicious axe-handle-weilding racist Lester Maddox became governor.  and Jimmy Carter supported him.

In 1970, Sanders decided to run for governor again.  This time he would face off against Jimmy Carter who ran on a segregationist platform.  Keep in mind this is 1970, six years after passage of the Civil Rights Act.  Carter chose Lester Maddox as his running mate, and began cozying up to Alabama's George Wallace while criticizing Sanders from banning him from the State.  During the campaign, Carter made a visit to a segregated academy.  He won the support of outspoken segregationists, and even distributed flyers showing Sanders with black Atlanta Hawk basketball players.  Another flyer pointing out how Sanders had attended King's funeral (which Carter did not).  Still another suggested that Sanders and Julian Bond were working hand in hand.

Every newspaper in the State except for one backed Sanders.  Yet Carter's overt appeal to deep-seated racism in the State with Lester Maddox at his side won him the election.

Jimmy Carter is a racist piece of shit.   His civil rights history is abhorrent.  As governor, he fought federal court-ordered integration every step of the way.  And it sickens me to know that people believe him to be a good man.  He is not.  He is a mean-spirited micro-manager who never atoned for his racist past.  Heck, even Maddox and Wallace came clean later in life.  But not Jimmy Carter.  And the only reason that this racist history is ignored is because he is a Democrat.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-