Author Topic: Scaramucci disinvited from Florida GOP fundraiser for bashing Trump's 'racially charged' attacks  (Read 165 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Scaramucci disinvited from Florida GOP fundraiser for bashing Trump's 'racially charged' attacks
Politico, Jul 18, 2019

The Palm Beach County GOP disinvited Anthony Scaramucci from addressing its annual fundraising event after the short-lived White House communications director criticized President Trump’s “racially charged” tweets saying four members of Congress who are women of color should leave the United States.

“He suggested the president’s comments were racist and that he was becoming a racist. Our board was infuriated,” said Michael A. Barnett, the Republican Party chairman in the county, home to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago getaway.

"We believe the tweets were not racist, the president is not racist and that Scaramucci’s comments were unfair,” Barnett, who is African American, said.

“I am sorry that I was canceled,” he told POLITICO. “Mike Barnett must like and condone racist comments.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/18/anthony-scaramucci-florida-gop-fundraiser-1419204

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Anyone still wonder why, after 10 days on the job, Scaramucci was thrown off AF One and left on the tarmac?   :laugh:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I always thought that this guy was a goofy clown....