Author Topic: Breaking: Miss World America Strips Conservative Activist Kathy Zhu of Miss Michigan Title Over Her  (Read 869 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Breaking: Miss World America Strips Conservative Activist Kathy Zhu of Miss Michigan Title Over Her Refusing to Wear Hijab

Avatar by Cassandra Fairbanks July 18

Kathy Zhu

Miss World America has stripped beloved conservative commentator Kathy Zhu of her Miss Michigan title over “insensitive” political tweets and her refusing to wear a hijab during a leftist campus event in 2016.
The heartbroken 20-year-old University of Michigan student posted screenshots of the email and text exchanges that she had with MWA’s State Director Laurie DeJack on Twitter.

In the exchanges, DeJack continuously declared that there was a “problem” without explaining the situation to a clearly increasingly worried Zhu. Eventually, she finally revealed that one of the issues was a tweet in which Zhu declared that the majority of black deaths are caused by other black citizens.

Read more at:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/07/breaking-miss-world-america-strips-conservative-activist-kathy-zhu-of-her-miss-michigan-title-over-refusing-to-wear-hijab/

I'm still reading to see what this story is about.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 05:18:50 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Beautiful, intellectually honest young woman makes politically incorrect remarks (although accurate) and then refuses to let someone stick a hijab on her head (She isn't muslim, so...No.), and then is asked to become a nonperson by pageant authorities???

What happened to the whole "Truth to power!" thing?
What happened to integrity?

She spoke it.
She has it.

And like any bunch of Leftists, they can't tolerate that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Pageants are like all the other awards --even the Nobel prizes.  If you don't have the "correct" thoughts, you lose the competition or  if you win, you forfeit your prize.

There is a saying:  living well is the best revenge.  Miss Zhu may find some other area in which to excel.  Then she can tell the Miss World people where they can stick their pageant and its prizes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Eventually, she finally revealed that one of the issues was a tweet in which Zhu declared that the majority of black deaths are caused by other black citizens.

@TomSea

The truth must NEVER be told in Left World.

It gets in the way of the agenda.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Evidentially,it was bought using Muslim money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

As she is an Asian-American, I heartily urge Ms. Zhu to sue the MWA org for racism. Fight fire with fire.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I was reading her twitter in the last two weeks, I had no idea who she was. I wonder if paralells can be drawn with say a leftie being benched  like Megan Rapinoe. If you are a public figure, maybe you should keep quiet BUT the pageant should not punish anyone refusing to wear a hijab for the pageant. My understanding.

Offline skeeter

Wacko leftist scolds are well on their way to p*ssing everybody off.

Offline Polly Ticks

As she is an Asian-American, I heartily urge Ms. Zhu to sue the MWA org for racism. Fight fire with fire.

She is a first generation, legal immigrant and a naturalized American citizen.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 02:39:55 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Beautiful, intellectually honest young woman makes politically incorrect remarks (although accurate) and then refuses to let someone stick a hijab on her head (She isn't muslim, so...No.), and then is asked to become a nonperson by pageant authorities???

She spoke it.
She has it.

And like any bunch of Leftists, they can't tolerate that.

The organization better have some good lawyers on retainer...they're about to need them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

Would they take away the title of a Muslim that refused to wear a Cross or Star of David.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Bill Cipher

Would they take away the title of a Muslim that refused to wear a Cross or Star of David.

Good point.  I suspect the answer is almost certainly no. 

As such, she should sue for discrimination. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Somebody dropped Race-Card dime on her, so she should drop Race-Card dime on the pageant, turn her enemy's weapon against her enemy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I could be wrong, but I think Ms. Zhu ought to "lawyer up" and challenge this in court.

At the very least, I see $$$$$ in a settlement...