Author Topic: Almond Bark ... I need a simple recipe to make some chocolate  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Noticed I got like 7 bags of over one pound almond bark that is past it's prime. So I figured one of yall would have a "SIMPLE" method of making it into something edible. I googled it and didn't really find anything of interest.

No super fancy ingredients please ... if it is beyond nuts and sugar, powder cocoa, butter, milk/cream, pure vanilla and rock salt (you get the idea), odds are it will require something I don't have handy... so the more basic the better for me.

I can cook, microwave, or bake... If you know something off the top of your head, please share, links welcome... I just know the stuff (choc bark) taste horrible as it is (looks so good until you bite into it) and I got lots of it and a sweet tooth (wife has stopped buying all sweet, some diet she and one kid is on). I have lost 15 lbs this summer, but I am hungry and the kitchen is mine at night.

Yeah, I know I can buy some candy at the store, but I want to be crafty and make it to surprise the wife. Besides, I got a ton of this durn stuff that needs to be used up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:09:26 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

Re: Almond Bark ... I need a simple recipe to make some chocolate
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 07:14:23 am »
INGREDIENTS:
    2 lb. almond bark
    2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large eggs
    1 cup chopped nuts

INSTRUCTIONS:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

Discard almond bark and replace with 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.

FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.

ENJOY.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 07:28:58 am »
INGREDIENTS:
    2 lb. almond bark
    2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large eggs
    1 cup chopped nuts

INSTRUCTIONS:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

Discard almond bark and replace with 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

ENJOY.

Lol, ya nut... all we got left is a bunch of that sissy white chocolate chips in the freezer. But dang that sounds delicious.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:31:20 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 07:31:07 am »
Lol, ya nut... all we got left is a bunch of that sissy white chocolate chips in the freezer.

Well, that ain't gonna work, all those are good for is throwing at people.

:laugh: :beer:

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 07:33:07 am »
Well, that ain't gonna work, all those are good for is throwing at people.

:laugh: :beer:

Night buddy, I will check what yall come up with tomorrow .... thanks for the laugh before bed.... (dreams of chocolate sugar cookies in my head)...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 07:36:06 am »
Night buddy, I will check what yall come up with tomorrow .... thanks for the laugh before bed.... (dreams of chocolate sugar cookies in my head)...

Yep... Have a good sleep... I have visions of monkey bread running around in my head, myself...
That's my go-to when the pantry is getting crapped out...

:beer:

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »
Bump to The Top (BTTT)....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 05:07:54 pm »
almond bark...yuck!

I use ghiradelli melting choc for all my baking and candy making...it's in the baking section of your grocery store..

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 05:12:23 pm »
almond bark...yuck!

I use ghiradelli melting choc for all my baking and candy making...it's in the baking section of your grocery store..

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 01:13:22 am »
BUMP

Looks like goose eggs @Sighlass
I will give my sis a holler. She's got special needs with food...
She can't handle dang near anything though, which is why she may have resorted to almond bark.. but also, because of that, any recipe I get from her is bound to be a bit.. eclectic? unusual?
Always good eats, mind you...Just gonna be weird cuz she's a food retard.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 01:26:23 am »
BUMP

Looks like goose eggs @Sighlass
I will give my sis a holler. She's got special needs with food...
She can't handle dang near anything though, which is why she may have resorted to almond bark.. but also, because of that, any recipe I get from her is bound to be a bit.. eclectic? unusual?
Always good eats, mind you...Just gonna be weird cuz she's a food retard.

It ain't all that bad, I took a bunch, added some sugar, butter, Creamer (wife's coffee cream) and some pecans.. Cooked it on low for a while and poured it on a greased cookie sheet.... then I sprinkled some rock salt over it... It will do in a pinch...

What could I call my creation? Generic something... but nothing to write home about. Even the kid passed on eating it... ouch.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:34:41 am by Sighlass »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 01:54:38 am »
It ain't all that bad, I took a bunch, added some sugar, butter, Creamer (wife's coffee cream) and some pecans.. Cooked it on low for a while and poured it on a greased cookie sheet.... then I sprinkled some rock salt over it... It will do in a pinch...

What could I call my creation? Generic something... but nothing to write home about. Even the kid passed on eating it... ouch.

Well, if even the kids took a pass...  :shrug:

I did talk to my sis. Nothing specific, but some good ideas...

Best of which is to make an Almond Rocha, which is sorta a soft almond brittle with chocolate poured over it on a sheet pan... then cut into square bars... Of course her idea is to use the almond bark instead of the chocolate... Good idea, but no recipe...

Another thought... a stiff cake, and use the almond bark as a ganache...

She also said you can bust it up and use it as a substitute for chocolate chips... So the laugh-riot there is that my original recipe upthread is actually a thing - That is the true recipe for original Nestle's Toll-house Cookies... other than my alteration for the gag...

But 'pour it over stuff' seemed to be the theme. Heck, make rice crispy cookies and pour that stuff over em...  :shrug:

But like I said... The Almond Rocha idea seemed to be the best so far...