Author Topic: Biden, Harris set for second Democratic debate showdown  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden, Harris set for second Democratic debate showdown
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:33:30 am »
Biden, Harris set for second Democratic debate showdown
By Julia Manchester - 07/18/19 08:49 PM EDT

Former Vice President Joe Biden will face off against Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) for a second time on the second night of the CNN Democratic debates in Detroit on July 31.

Meanwhile, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will take on Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on the first night of the forum July 30.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) also will take the stage on July 31, along with former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, Andrew Yang, Sens. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), as well as Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii).

South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) will join Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) on July 30, along with Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Oh.), Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D), former Colorado Gov John Hickenlooper (D), and author Marianne Williamson.

The candidates with the highest poll numbers will be center stage on the debates.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/453838-biden-harris-set-for-second-democratic-debate-showdown
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Biden, Harris set for second Democratic debate showdown
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 01:40:49 am »
Who squares off versus Marrianne Williamson,, and how the hell did she getin?

*although I listened to her, and she fits right in, wanting to pay reparations out for decades into the future to blacks.

Kumbaya, peace & love, incense & peppermint. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:53:23 am »
I didn't watch the last debate and briefly read the reports from the MSM; I think Harris is going to continue to lead in the debates. It has also been reported that there are now 3 with the $$ machine behind them; Harris, Biden and Butgig.  Out of the three, I see Harris taking the nomination. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 11:21:46 am »
This is likely the last gasp for some of the bottom-feeders. If they were serious candidates they might throw some bombs to try to shake things up, but that won't happen because they're all clinging to hopes for a shot at VP or a better start in 2024.

Biden will be playing it as safe as he can to try to hold onto his fragile lead. I don't think another ambush would work for Harris (though a more subtle one might), and I can't see any of the others in that group pulling one off. I think Warren could be a threat to him so he's lucky she's in the other group again.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 11:36:22 am »
This is likely the last gasp for some of the bottom-feeders. If they were serious candidates they might throw some bombs to try to shake things up, but that won't happen because they're all clinging to hopes for a shot at VP or a better start in 2024.

It has been both funny and pathetic watching both leaders and the bottom dwellers try to come up with their best and most outlandish promises to the voters.  More free stuff, a $1,000 check to each household, etc. etc.    And Biden once again repeating that lie that if you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan.   Really?  I guess the term "silly season" really does apply to this farce. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 11:38:33 am »
@libertybele

I'm not counting out Biden yet.  He still has massive support from the unions.  At least in my nearest big city, Pittsburgh, the unions determine the election winners.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 12:49:47 pm »
I didn't watch the last debate and briefly read the reports from the MSM; I think Harris is going to continue to lead in the debates. It has also been reported that there are now 3 with the $$ machine behind them; Harris, Biden and Butgig.  Out of the three, I see Harris taking the nomination.

I agree that Harris is likely to be the nominee,  and may be the most formidable opponent for Trump.   She is, however, a true snake.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 01:05:11 pm »
@libertybele

I'm not counting out Biden yet.  He still has massive support from the unions.  At least in my nearest big city, Pittsburgh, the unions determine the election winners.

With enough discipline Biden could conceivably hang on, but that's not something he's shown much of a knack for in the past.

The longer he stays in the lead, the more aggressively the others will attack him. Here's one example: If 0bama thought you were such a great VP, and would make such a great POTUS, how do you explain his deafening silence on your candidacy? Maybe he doesn't want to endorse yet, but would a kind word or two be too much to expect?
---

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 02:26:32 pm »
How did Faux-Mex-Bobby make the cut to participate in this second round?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 02:37:34 pm »
He had a good first week before his death spiral started - he's still coasting on that.
---