Author Topic: Here's how the new Corvette Stingray could morph into a 'fire-breathing monster'  (Read 1059 times)

Offline corbe

Here's how the new Corvette Stingray could morph into a 'fire-breathing monster'

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAYPublished 5:31 a.m. ET July 18, 2019 | Updated 12:08 p.m. ET July 18, 2019

The eight-generation Corvette will debut on the evening of July 18.

The Corvette is considered by classic-car insurer Hagerty to be the most collectible car of all-time
Rumors are flying that GM could introduce a 1,000-horsepower edition of the 'Vette.

Nearly seven decades after its debut, the Corvette is getting a dramatic makeover.

The eighth generation of the quintessentially American sports car, referred to by enthusiasts as the C8, will be revealed Thursday night as the 2020 Corvette Stingray.

Featured in hundreds of movies, such as Mark Hamill's "Corvette Summer," and numerous songs, such as Prince's "Little Red Corvette," the General Motors sports car is tightly woven into the fabric of American culture.

And at a starting price of less than $56,000, it's much more accessible than many of its exotic European competitors.

Known for its affordability as well as its lightweight, high-powered, low-slung design, the Vette is ranked as the most collectible car of all time, according to classic-car insurer and valuation firm Hagerty.

"The Corvette has existed in a category all its own as an American car," said Hagerty CEO McKeel Hagerty. "It’s a pretty magical story through and through. It's very evident they're about to do it again."

<..snip..>

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/07/18/gm-chevrolet-corvette-c-8-redesigned/1745049001/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online rustynail

A full size Fiero?

Offline roamer_1

A full size Fiero?

Can't get to the article - but it sure has that mid-engine stretch, don't it?

Online rustynail

No manual transmission.

Offline corbe

USA Today usually gives my browser fits, this time it went through @roamer_1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

USA Today usually gives my browser fits, this time it went through @roamer_1

@corbe
I automatically dump it when crosslinks warnings come out of my script blocker. Whether it would go through is incidental.  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Article does say it's a mid-engine.  Gonna be a noisy cabin.

(PS:  I use Instapaper to get around the ad-blocker blockers.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Article does say it's a mid-engine.  Gonna be a noisy cabin.

More than that, it is disappointingly common. All the supercars are that way, and have that look. I suppose the engineering may dictate that, but regardless...

(PS:  I use Instapaper to get around the ad-blocker blockers.)

Yeah... I can do similar.. A bit of a kludge, but I can send the link to print PDF... I just seldom care enough about the info to do so... Generally, info that comes from poorly constructed sites is not going to be top-tier.  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
More than that, it is disappointingly common. All the supercars are that way, and have that look. I suppose the engineering may dictate that, but regardless...

Yeah... I can do similar.. A bit of a kludge, but I can send the link to print PDF... I just seldom care enough about the info to do so... Generally, info that comes from poorly constructed sites is not going to be top-tier.  :shrug:

There's a war on.  Websites are trying to stop people from using Ad Block.  The sites that are the most obnoxious about forcing ads are the worse sites for intrusive ads.  The places where you have to close >4 BS windows to get to the content.  Don't get me started on Washington Examiner.  It autostarts not one but two videos.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

There's a war on.  Websites are trying to stop people from using Ad Block.  The sites that are the most obnoxious about forcing ads are the worse sites for intrusive ads.  The places where you have to close >4 BS windows to get to the content.  Don't get me started on Washington Examiner.  It autostarts not one but two videos.

AdBlock Plus and NoScript... If I can't see the site, I may run temporary allowances with NoScript... But if that doesn't work out, or if I get warnings, adios.

Online rustynail