Author Topic: Joy Behar on Trump: 'Why can't he be brought up on charges of hate speech?'  (Read 475 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joy Behar on Trump: 'Why can't he be brought up on charges of hate speech?'
By Joe Concha - 07/18/19 12:18 PM EDT

"The View" co-host Joy Behar questioned Thursday why President Trump can't "be brought up on charges of hate speech" over his attacks against four minority Democratic congresswomen by urging them to "go back" to their home countries.

The question from Behar came the morning after the president's rally in North Carolina, where members of the crowd chanted "send her back" as Trump went after Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), who was born in Somalia before coming to the U.S. as a refugee.

"He doesn’t care or doesn’t acknowledge the fact that what he is doing is possibly inviting violence towards these women, and women who are saying this is wrong. I don’t like this," co-host Whoopi Goldberg said.

"No question," agreed co-host Sunny Hostin.

"This involves every female in this country," Goldberg argued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/453722-joy-behar-on-trump-why-cant-he-be-brought-up-on-charges-of-hate-speech

:facepalm:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
If "hate speech" were a crime, Joy Behar and her fellow harpies on "The View" would have been put into prison years ago.
Let it burn.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
'Why can't he be brought up on charges of hate speech?'

Who wants to be the one to tell her?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who wants to be the one to tell her?

Has she ever read the Constitution?  888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

For the same reason Joy Behar can't.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Bill Cipher

Exactly

Offline rustynail

Trump on "send her back" chant about Omar: "I was not happy with it. I disagree with it."

Online roamer_1

I sure am seeing this sort of thing a lot recently - the idea that 'some' speech should not be protected, because it is 'hateful', following after what passes as speech in Canada and the UK.
California is trying to go down that road...

The thing that doesn't work in that is the bare fact that offensive speech, by the nature of the thing, is really the only speech that needs to be protected.

Offline goatprairie

This is what is in store for conservatives  down the road. If Dems get a majority in the house and senate, they will try to amend the constitution. Failing that, the Dem congressional majority will try to pass bills condemning "hate" speech as punishable by prison (or worse). If they can't do that, the radical Dem president will simply issue some EOs calling certain speech "hate" speech i.e speech liberals don't like. Real concentration camps will be set up to hold the millions guilty of "hate" speech.
But there just might be  a shooting war before all that happens. 0380000

Offline libertybele

Ok...so I was wrong.  I was reserving the idea that DEM female politicians are stupid.  It now seems that in general, DEM females are stupid!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Concise yet brilliant.

Offline libertybele

This is what is in store for conservatives  down the road. If Dems get a majority in the house and senate, they will try to amend the constitution. Failing that, the Dem congressional majority will try to pass bills condemning "hate" speech as punishable by prison (or worse). If they can't do that, the radical Dem president will simply issue some EOs calling certain speech "hate" speech i.e speech liberals don't like. Real concentration camps will be set up to hold the millions guilty of "hate" speech.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:55:34 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Likely your scenario is a bit hyperbolic, but yeah. Something like that. It will come in a bit softer than that... Frog in the pot... but the bindings are ever incrementally tightening.

Online roamer_1

Ok...so I was wrong.  I was reserving the idea that DEM female politicians are stupid.  It now seems that in general, DEM females are stupid!

You are STILL not looking at the aggregate...

And no, your knee-jerk assumptions are not correct - I do not mean all females are stupid...

Rather, all dems...

:tongue2:

Offline goatprairie

Likely your scenario is a bit hyperbolic, but yeah. Something like that. It will come in a bit softer than that... Frog in the pot... but the bindings are ever incrementally tightening.
Believe you me,  American liberals are looking (and marveling) at the "hate" speech laws in Canada and Europe and fervently wishing they could do that here.  And we know who'd define "hate" speech.

Online roamer_1

Believe you me,  American liberals are looking (and marveling) at the "hate" speech laws in Canada and Europe and fervently wishing they could do that here.  And we know who'd define "hate" speech.

That's right.