Author Topic: Los Angeles police officer charged with multiple rapes after DNA links him to cold case  (Read 302 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
USA TODAY•July 18, 2019

A ten-year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department is facing life in prison after the department's investigation into a rape accusation linked him to another unsolved sexual assault from 2015.-----

Police said when they entered Rodriguez's DNA into the FBI's Combined DNA Index System they got a "cold hit" on a sexual assault that occurred in August 2015. That assault involved another woman who was raped "under similar circumstances," the DA's office said.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/los-angeles-police-officer-charged-134006171.html

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There will always be those in positions of authority that abuse it and criminals and mental defectives are everywhere in all proffesions. I think it would be incredibly enlightening if all peace officers across the nation had their DNA entered into the FBI database..............and run against crimes. After all isn't the classic line they feed suspects 'if you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to worry about'?

I bet there are by percentage few, but by number quite a few peace officers that do have something to worry about.

Oops! Did I just propose a 'police state'?