Author Topic: “It’s Going to Be Staggering, the Amount of Names”: As the Jeffrey Epstein Case Grows More Grotesque  (Read 820 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
“It’s Going to Be Staggering, the Amount of Names”: As the Jeffrey Epstein Case Grows More Grotesque, Manhattan and DC Brace for Impact

The disgraced financier “collected people,” said a source. Could some of them be implicated in his crimes? Meanwhile, Alan Dershowitz (“He’s a bad person”) and David Boies (“He’s a liar”) are already at war over the case.

By Gabriel Sherman
July 17, 2019

The Jeffrey Epstein case is an asteroid poised to strike the elite world in which he moved. No one can yet say precisely how large it is. But as the number of women who’ve accused the financier (at least, that’s what he claimed to be) of sexual assault grows to grotesque levels—there are said to be more than 50 women who are potential victims—a wave of panic is rippling through Manhattan, DC, and Palm Beach, as Epstein’s former friends and associates rush to distance themselves, while gossiping about who might be ensnared. Donald Trump’s labor secretary, Alexander Acosta, architect of the original 2007 non-prosecution agreement that let Epstein off with a wrist slap, has already been forced to resign.

The questions about Epstein are metastasizing much faster than they can be answered: Who knew what about Epstein’s alleged abuse? How, and from whom, did Epstein get his supposed $500 million fortune? Why did Acosta grant Epstein an outrageously lenient non-prosecution agreement? (And what does it mean that Acosta was reportedly told Epstein “belonged to intelligence”?) But among the most pressing queries is which other famous people might be exposed for committing sex crimes. “There were other business associates of Mr. Epstein’s who engaged in improper sexual misconduct at one or more of his homes. We do know that,” said Brad Edwards, a lawyer for Courtney Wild, one of the Epstein accusers who gave emotional testimony at Epstein’s bail hearing. “In due time the names are going to start coming out.” (Attorneys for Epstein did not respond to a request for comment.)

more
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07/jeffrey-epstein-case-grows-more-grotesque
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Prince Andrew’s ties to Jeffrey Epstein could become the most sordid royal scandal yet
https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/prince-andrews-ties-to-jeffrey-epstein-could-become-the-most-sordid-royal-scandal-yet/

Given the history of British royals since the restoration of Charles II, I'm not sure about that superlative, "most".

More generally, being gregarious was at once Epstein's way of hiding in the open and his source of fellow pervs and his next targets. He had lots of (shallow) acquaintances, and lots of innocent people will come under scrutiny.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LadyLiberty

He had lots of (shallow) acquaintances, and lots of innocent people will come under scrutiny.

There are many that are willing to hang out and be seen with someone simply because that person is wealthy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm sure plenty of people who claim to be innocent will come under scrutiny. Whether or not they actually are innocent might be another question.  Either way, I don't doubt that it will be truly appalling before all is said and done.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

Let's hope for the sake of fairness, that casual acquaintances of Epstein's don't get painted with a broad brush, if they had no knowledge and did no wrong.
Conversely, anyone who participated in these heinous acts should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and be known publicly for what they are, child abusers.
Nothing gets my ire up more than the abuse of minors.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Rumor has it that there is a Mr. Schyber Liberty on the list, unidentified.
They are currently trying to find out who this could be?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rumor has it that there is a Mr. Schyber Liberty on the list, unidentified.

Not I!  I have an alibi....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Oh sh*t...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The best first defense that the Democrats have had since Obama is that the failures of security, the crimes of omission and those committed outright have been so outrageous, so over the top, that most people would dismiss them as overblown fiction instead of matters of fact.

The Pakistani hackers were well known for a while among those paying attention, but caught little traction in the press. The implications of these breaches are profound and deleterious. The cover-up is an obscenity.

Wonder if that Rich fellow was going to blow the lid open on this, Hillary's e-mails, or what?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Peggy Siegal and Jeffrey Epstein: A Hollywood Event Planner's Symbiotic Relationship With a Sex Offender
The New York society gatekeeper accepted money from Epstein, who enjoyed access to her parties, as former employees come forward with more details about their interactions.
1:49 PM PDT 7/19/2019 by Gary Baum , Scott Feinberg

As a curator of events and conduit to boldface names, Peggy Siegal has become a fixture of both the New York media scene and Hollywood’s awards season. But her longtime association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein is generating fresh scrutiny after his July 8 arrest on charges of sex trafficking and trafficking a minor. ...

Siegal helped facilitate Epstein’s return to elite social circles after his conviction through private gatherings she organized at his Upper East Side home, as well as numerous events she hosted for studio clients as one of Hollywood’s most formidable gatekeepers.  ...

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Siegal stressed her belief that it “just wasn’t common knowledge” that Epstein had molested children prior to The Miami Herald’s reporting late last year. “Had I known that he had been accused of abusing underage girls, I would not have maintained a friendship with him.”   ...

One ex-employee shared with THR screen shots of a chat with a colleague from July 2010, in which this staffer overheard Siegal talking on the phone with Epstein. “OMFG Jeffrey Epstein,” the employee typed to her colleague. “She’s like, ‘You’re not dating anyone, right?’ And he’s like, ‘Well, I am, but you know, she’s very young.’ And she’s like, ‘Stop!’”

Another employee believes Siegal, who primarily employs young women, was aware of Epstein as an ongoing risk. “She said to me,” this person asserts, “Make sure you stay away from Jeffrey at that [upcoming firm-hosted] party.’”
Full story at Hollywood Reporter
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

"An Open Secret" (a site that reports on Hollywood rapists and pedophiles) on Twitter is following the story.
An Open Secret @AnOpenSecret

July 2010:
Convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein released from 13 months of jail

Dec 2, 2010:
Hosts dinner party at his NYC home, with some friends:

Prince Andrew @katiecouric
@GStephanopoulos
@chelseahandler
Woody Allen
4:32 PM - 10 Jul 2019
So when Chelsea Handler most recently called Trump a racist who attacks women, Open Secret responded, "You went to dinner at Jeffrey Epstein’s house a few months AFTER he got out of jail."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

More generally, being gregarious was at once Epstein's way of hiding in the open and his source of fellow pervs and his next targets. He had lots of (shallow) acquaintances, and lots of innocent people will come under scrutiny.

@PeterS

Sadly,I agree. There are going to be MANY innocent people tarred with the "association brush",and as we all know,once you are accused in the media,you are as good as found guilty at trial,and we are literally talking about lists of "known associates" that goes back for more than 30 years.

I don't know if the media does this because they are whores for the fame and money they get for the reporting,or because they are doing it to hide the truly guilty in amongst the mere "guilty by association".

For example,is there ANYONE who doesn't think Bubba Bill was a participant in the sex games? Watch how quickly he jumps behind Epstein "associates" that are as pure as the driven snow when it comes to child rape.

Not that he will ever be formally charged. Not even if they find video and audio tapes. It just ain't going to happen. Some pigs really ARE more important than other pigs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Siegal stressed her belief that it “just wasn’t common knowledge” that Epstein had molested children prior to The Miami Herald’s reporting late last year. “Had I known that he had been accused of abusing underage girls, I would not have maintained a friendship with him.”

I don't think Epstein was in prison for tearing tags off mattresses, so I find that premise difficult to believe.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

@sneakypete, "PeterS" is a member who reg'ed in 2016 but never posted. While the given name and family name initial are the same as mine, "PeterS" isn't me. I'm sure it was a forum SW auto-suggestion, kind of like spill chukar. Though if the guy uses the same email address he may get a notification that he's been mentioned and look into it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete, "PeterS" is a member who reg'ed in 2016 but never posted. While the given name and family name initial are the same as mine, "PeterS" isn't me. I'm sure it was a forum SW auto-suggestion, kind of like spill chukar. Though if the guy uses the same email address he may get a notification that he's been mentioned and look into it.

@PeteS in CA

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will try to remember to avoid the auto-fill when posting to you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!