Author Topic: Devin Nunes expects 'the worst' from Mueller testimony  (Read 332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Devin Nunes expects 'the worst' from Mueller testimony
« on: July 18, 2019, 12:55:04 pm »
Devin Nunes expects 'the worst' from Mueller testimony
by Daniel Chaitin
 | July 18, 2019 08:06 AM

Rep. Devin Nunes said he is expecting "the worst" from former special counsel Robert Mueller's testimony next week.

On Monday the California Republican suggested there is a back channel Democrats have with Mueller to work out "a few little sound bites" that they could use to their advantage. Asked to expound upon that warning on Wednesday, Nunes said just one phrase from Mueller could be used to fuel a push for impeaching President Trump.

"I really expect the worst because Bob Mueller does not have to show up," Nunes told Fox News' Martha MacCallum. "So he’s doing this on his own free will. That tells me the last time he operated on his own free will, everyone forgets, [Attorney General William] Barr came out with a memo, was very clear about the decision that he had made, and then a few days later Mueller decided on his own to go out and hold a nine-minute press conference."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/devin-nunes-expects-the-worst-from-mueller-testimony
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Devin Nunes expects 'the worst' from Mueller testimony
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:23 pm »
Mueller needs to be asked if he has discussed his testimony with anyone, especially possible questions. It would be a pretty risky thing to lie about. Of course he can still anticipate questions and be prepared to "interpret" them to work in the innuendos he wants to convey.

Repubs have a chance to do some damage if they've properly prepared to hammer him on the glaring omissions and biases of the investigation. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen though - dems are pros at this game, repubs are barely JV...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »
Mueller needs to be asked if he has discussed his testimony with anyone, especially possible questions. It would be a pretty risky thing to lie about. Of course he can still anticipate questions and be prepared to "interpret" them to work in the innuendos he wants to convey.

Repubs have a chance to do some damage if they've properly prepared to hammer him on the glaring omissions and biases of the investigation. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen though - dems are pros at this game, repubs are barely JV...

Good points.

Offline jpsb

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 02:46:07 pm »
Nunes is a dead-eyed, mopey-faced clown who did nothing as Intel Committee chairman. He never even saw most of the FISA information, directly. That was delegated to Gowdy.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 03:04:34 pm »
If Mueller deviates from his report, the Rs can ask him, "Did you lie just now or did you lie in your report?" At most Mueller can inject FUD, and if the Dems follow such a lead they will just damage themselves.

FUD = Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.