Author Topic: Ilhan Omar Seizes Spotlight to Push Pro-BDS Resolution  (Read 975 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ilhan Omar Seizes Spotlight to Push Pro-BDS Resolution
« on: July 17, 2019, 10:56:36 pm »
House Democrats today rallied around a resolution to condemn President Donald Trump's racist tweets against four high-profile freshmen congresswomen.

But at least one of those congresswomen — Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota — is about to drop her own resolution that may not go over so well with Democratic leadership. Her resolution would defend the pro-Palestinian boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.

"We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our first amendment rights in regard to boycotting," Omar told Al-Monitor. "And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement."

The Minnesota Democrat noted she intends to introduce the bill early this week. At the same time, Democratic leadership plans to advance another nonbinding resolution condemning the BDS movement on Wednesday.

Omar and her colleague — Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan — became the first and only lawmakers to support the BDS movement after winning their elections last year. Republicans have repeatedly seized upon their pro-BDS stance to paint the Democratic Party as anti-Israel — something that was not lost on Donald Trump during his multiple Twitter tirades targeting both congresswomen.

<snip>

House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., has so far resisted Republican calls to kick Omar off of the panel. But he has previously accused Omar of "invoking a vile, anti-Semitic slur" after she said, "I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country." Her remarks prompted the House to pass another nonbinding resolution condemning anti-Semitism and Islamophobia 407-23 in March.

On Wednesday, Engel's committee will vote on an anti-BDS resolution, introduced by Reps. Bradley Schneider, D-Ill., and Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y. The resolution was a priority for American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) activists during their annual lobbying day earlier this year. The committee also plans to vote on a military aid bill that codifies the $38 billion, 10-year memorandum of understanding with Israel into law — another AIPAC priority.

While both bills still have more than enough support to pass, Omar told Al-Monitor that she intends to vote no.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-07-17/ilhan-omar-seizes-spotlight-to-push-pro-bds-resolution
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ilhan Omar Seizes Spotlight to Push Pro-BDS Resolution
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:57:58 pm »
The feckless Speaker of the House and a fawning media have done nothing but empower the anti-semitic "Squad" to do things like this.  And the best the GOP can do is talk about how inappropriate Trumps's comments about the actions and words of Omar and Co. were.

Meanwhile she's comparing the BDS movement to the Boston Tea Party and how America stood up to the NAZI's in WWII.

Let that last one sink in for a moment...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

Re: Ilhan Omar Seizes Spotlight to Push Pro-BDS Resolution
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 11:07:29 pm »
The feckless Speaker of the House and a fawning media have done nothing but empower the anti-semitic "Squad" to do things like this.  And the best the GOP can do is talk about how inappropriate Trumps's comments about the actions and words of Omar and Co. were.

Meanwhile she's comparing the BDS movement to the Boston Tea Party and how America stood up to the NAZI's in WWII.

Let that last one sink in for a moment...

If she truly sees a similarity, then she is truly a nut case and doesn't have a clue about AMERICAN history.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I STAND WITH ISRAEL!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

What we have are the Muslims in  Congress trying to impose their beliefs.  IMHO they are going to try to overthrow this government from within.

Omar introduces resolution defending boycott of Israel, likens it to boycotts of Nazi Germany, Soviet Union

U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against U.S. laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they so wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/omar-introduces-resolution-defending-boycotts-of-israel-likens-it-to-boycott-of-nazi-germany-soviet-union

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Compares Israel to NAZI Germany....let that sink in for a moment.

Offline GrouchoTex

Omar’s measure will be co-sponsored by U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., the first female Palestinian-American lawmaker in Congress who openly supports a one-state solution in the Israeli-Palestine conflict, and U.S. Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga.

There's a Claude Reins moment for ya......

Offline musiclady

Omar’s measure will be co-sponsored by U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., the first female Palestinian-American lawmaker in Congress who openly supports a one-state solution in the Israeli-Palestine conflict, and U.S. Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga.

There's a Claude Reins moment for ya......

You mean THIS guy??........

(Seriously, I got your reference!  :beer:)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

You mean THIS guy??........

(Seriously, I got your reference!  :beer:)

:beer:

He was actually on a re-run of the Alfred Hitchcock show I watched last night.

Offline PeteS in CA

I hope the Dems are enjoying the monster they created and fostered. They had a chance to shut down their Gang of Four when Omar's antisemitism became notoriously public, but muffed it.

The Gang of Four are hysterically antisemitic and Hate-US and young. Pelosi is old, tired, and not accustomed to handling big-mouthed bigots like the Gang of Four. Who will win?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Excellent! Having been challenged by Trump, these guys are becoming more brazen with their open antisemitism.
American Jews can be obtuse. But there is no way they can deny the inherent antisemitism at the core of the Democrat Party now. The lock-box is open. Now it is out there openly for everyone to see.

(I would guess 75% of American Jews will still vote Democrat. They cannot help themselves. It's in their DNA.)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

:beer:

He was actually on a re-run of the Alfred Hitchcock show I watched last night.

Great actor!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omar: America Must Boycott and Punish Israel, Just Like We Boycotted...the Nazis
Guy Benson

@guypbenson
|
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 11:10 AM

With 'End of Discussion'-style arguments and tactics running rampant in our politics, it's important to note that while the collective Left represents more systemic and egregious offender, the Right routinely indulges in the same sort of demagoguery, too.  Examples include lumping all Black Lives Matter activists as virulently, or even violently, anti-police, conflating support for a military conflict with respect for 'the troops,' and dismissing all criticisms of Israeli government policy with anti-Semitism.  These are unfair generalizations designed to shut down legitimate debate and disqualify the opposition.  But that doesn't mean that hardcore anti-law enforcement attitudes, contempt for the military, and hatred of Jews are not real phenomena.  They most certainly are, unfortunately.

In the case of Rep. Ilhan Omar, (at least) the latter shoe fits.  She has forfeited the benefit of the doubt on the question of anti-Semitism, due to a series of public comments and actions.  She is who we thought she was.  Fresh on the heels of refusing to apologize for her dual loyalty trope, which was merely the latest manifestation of her anti-Jewish bigotry, Omar has announced that she will introduce a so-called 'BDS' resolution on the House floor.  Her legislation will call for the United States to 'boycott, divest, and sanction' Israel.  Considering the context, the Nazi parallel she draws is breathtakingly perverse:

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/07/18/bds-ilhan-omar-confirms-her-antisemitic-bigotry-n2550238
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I hope the Dems are enjoying the monster they created and fostered. They had a chance to shut down their Gang of Four when Omar's antisemitism became notoriously public, but muffed it.

The Gang of Four are hysterically antisemitic and Hate-US and young. Pelosi is old, tired, and not accustomed to handling big-mouthed bigots like the Gang of Four. Who will win?

You are correct, Pelosi failed to shut them down and now she has to pay the consequences.  I'm guessing she will soon be asked to step down.

Welcome by the way to The Briefing Room.   happy77

Bill Cipher

Actually, no, we should boycott the Palestinians until they agree to stop the violence and terrorism and negotiate peacefully and in good faith with Israel. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I disagree.  Pelosi is not going anywhere.  The Anarchist Four may be loud, but their welcome is wearing thin.  It is the media and of course Trump that are fueling their prominence in society.  Consider them a fad, like Nehru jackets of the 60s. 

While much of the Dems have gone communist, not all have taken that leap. 

There will always be sufficient numbers that support these four, and other crackpots like Frederica Wilson, Maxine Waters, Johnson, Greene, Schiff, Nadler, etc...but they are an embarrassment that will pay dividends for the Republicans in 2020.

November, 2020 will not get here soon enough for me.

Offline berdie

Actually, no, we should boycott the Palestinians until they agree to stop the violence and terrorism and negotiate peacefully and in good faith with Israel.

:thumbsup:

Offline PeteS in CA

I know AOC is being primaried, as well as facing more meaningful R opposition (though in the context of her district, I doubt an R could win). Maybe Miss Nancy is hoping for the Gang of Four to be broken up by a couple of them being primaried out of office come the end of 2020. So I think Miss Nancy is hoping to hold out till then.

Personally, I think it's possible the antics of the Gang of Four and loons like Mad Maxine, Eric Swillwell, SheLiah, and Adam Schiff will hand Trump the WH and the Rs the House after the 2020 election.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

The Gang of Four's outbursts of crazy are continually forcing on Miss Nancy choices between caving to the crazy or alienating a substantial part of the Dem base. :pop41:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Gang of Four's outbursts of crazy are continually forcing on Miss Nancy choices between caving to the crazy or alienating a substantial part of the Dem base. :pop41:

Pete! Welcome! Hope you like it here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Pete! Welcome! Hope you like it here.

Thanks! Are we previously acquainted? The only forum on which I've used this name for nearly two years is BadCaps, a technoid life-form forum.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
PeteS wrote:
"I know AOC is being primaried..."

Who of the democrat-communist party has announced his/her intent to run against her?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Thanks! Are we previously acquainted? The only forum on which I've used this name for nearly two years is BadCaps, a technoid life-form forum.

Not that I'm aware of. I was at Free Republic before this, WebForums before that way back in the mid 90's.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

That is the very tight rope not only her but any Democrat nominee for president will have to walk. You won’t win a national election sounding like any of these four women. On the other side of that, there’s no hope of winning a democrat primary with the left-wing base unless you do

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy