Author Topic: Mississippi gubernatorial candidate stands by refusal to allow female reporter to interview him alon  (Read 690 times)

Offline Hoodat

Mississippi gubernatorial candidate stands by refusal to allow female reporter to interview him alone

Posted 2:40 PM, July 11, 2019, by Tribune Media Wire

A Mississippi Republican gubernatorial candidate on Thursday stood by his decision to deny a female reporter’s request to accompany him on a campaign trip unless she brought along a male colleague, a move that she says amounts to “sexism.”

“I didn’t want to end up in a situation where me and Ms. Campbell were alone for an extended period of time throughout that 15- or 16-hour day, and so out of precaution, I wanted to have her bring someone with her — a male colleague. The other thing I think it’s important to point out is that this is my truck, and in my truck, we go by my rules and that’s my rule,” state Rep. Robert Foster told CNN’s John Berman on “New Day.”

Larrison Campbell, a reporter for Mississippi Today who was denied the hours-long interview by Foster, expressed frustration with the situation during the same CNN interview.

“Look, we got to call this what it is: when a woman isn’t given access to the same things that a man would be given access to, it’s sexism,” she said.  .  .

https://fox61.com/2019/07/11/mississippi-gubernatorial-candidate-stands-by-refusal-to-allow-female-reporter-to-interview-him-alone/

After the Kavanaugh fiasco, I don't blame him one bit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-