Author Topic: 'The Squad' revives feud with Pelosi: Be aware when you 'single us out' that we're 'women of color'  (Read 586 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'The Squad' revives feud with Pelosi: Be aware when you 'single us out' that we're 'women of color'
Fox News, Jul 17, 2019, Joseph A. Wulfsohn

The four progressive congresswomen who are currently in a nasty feud with President Trump offered a not-so-subtle warning to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif, the next time she "singles them out."

Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich, Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, and Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass, often referred to as "The Squad," sat down with "CBS This Morning" host Gayle King on Tuesday as the House voted to formally condemn Trump over tweets that Democrats labeled as racist.

King asked the congresswomen if they've been in contact with Pelosi.

"Our teams are in communication," Ocasio-Cortez responded.

"But shouldn't you be meeting face-to-face?" King asked.

"She's the new member, not the speaker," Tlaib interjected. "She has every right to sit down with her at any moment, any time with any of us. She is Speaker of the House. She can ask for a meeting to sit down with us for clarification."

Tlaib continued, "Acknowledge the fact that we are women of color, so when you do single us out, be aware of that and what you're doing, especially because some of us are getting death threats, because some of us are being singled out because of our backgrounds, because of our experiences and so forth."

King followed up with Ocasio-Cortez, asking if she was "interested in having a conversation" with Pelosi, which Ocasio-Cortez responded, "Absolutely."

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/the-squad-revives-their-feud-with-pelosi-be-aware-when-you-single-us-out-that-were-women-of-color

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline skeeter

At least they're now being open about the reason they refer to themselves as 'persons of color' - its a title of privilege.

Criticism not allowed.

Offline libertybele

They are in essence declaring Nancy a racist.  They are creating dissension within the party and I think it will trickle down to the DEM voting base, maybe or they will completely capture the Hispanic AND black vote.  Harris is calling for reparations.  If you are a white DEM running, you can pretty much consider you're not going to get the nomination.  Lots of DEM white folks left in the House though.  Will they implode and destruct?   :pop41:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tlaib continued, "Acknowledge the fact that we are women of color, so when you do single us out, be aware of that and what you're doing, especially because some of us are getting death threats ...

Offline Hoodat

Be aware when you 'single us out' that we're 'women of color'

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

:thumbsup:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like she thinks Caucasians are the new Jewry and that there needs to be a little Rwanda going on.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Well it worked pretty well for 0bama so why not them? If you don't agree with us 100% and do whatever we want then you obviously must be a racist - there's no other possible explanation.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
There's a new "s" word in town and I won't use it. :tongue2:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'The Squad' revives feud with Pelosi: Be aware when you 'single us out' that we're 'women of color'

Gee,so is every other woman.

Show me someone colorless.

If whites were colorless,how would blacks and browns be able to recognize and designate  them as someone to hate?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:08:08 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!