Author Topic: Washington: New state law requires professors reschedule exams for fasting Muslims  (Read 709 times)

rangerrebew

Washington: New state law requires professors reschedule exams for fasting Muslims

The state of Washington recently passed a law that requires professors to accommodate students observing religious holidays, such as fasting for Ramadan.

Under the new law, public colleges and universities in the Evergreen state must accommodate students who, “due to the observance of religious holidays, expect to be absent or endure a significant hardship during certain days of the course or program.” Reasonable accommodations spelled out in the legislation include rescheduling exams or activities.

Students seeking such accommodations must provide written notice to professors within the first two weeks of class, the law adds. Professors must also mention the availability of such accommodations on their syllabi.

https://creepingsharia.tumblr.com/post/186259235566/washington-new-state-law-requires-professors

rangerrebew

Surely this runs afoul of the separation of church and state since it is for muslims only. :wtf:  I'll bet no politicians see it that way, though. :pondering:

Offline dfwgator

As one who does "One Meal A Day", I can assure you, it's not really a "hardship".

Bill Cipher

Surely this runs afoul of the separation of church and state since it is for muslims only. :wtf:  I'll bet no politicians see it that way, though. :pondering:

Where does it say it’s limited to Muslims?

Online berdie

As one who does "One Meal A Day", I can assure you, it's not really a "hardship".

I do the same...it's no biggie. In fact at one time I did a true fast for a day...also no biggie.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One more for the "who's winning?" file...