Author Topic: Five Carry Guns For Women  (Read 1962 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Five Carry Guns For Women
« on: July 17, 2019, 12:05:28 pm »
Daily Caller By Jack Billington 7/16/2019

There is a rise in concealed carry for women and here are the handguns that are leading the way.

Glock 43

The Model 43 was Glock’s first 9×19 compact pistol with a single-stack magazine. Thanks to its low recoil and good ergonomics, Glock 43 will suit many female shooters. I first learned about Glock guns from the publication of Phil Engeldrum in the gun magazine. He wrote that this new crazy gun, he saw in Europe, would win the market. He also said this: “If you need to carry a gun, you may need to carry two.” And he was right both times.----

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield

This weapon is comfortable to hold in hand, due to the low, deep fit, the recoil is not high, and the muzzle rise is minimal, even if the .40 S&W with high power powder charge is used. Holding comfort and grip stability is comparable to sport models. ----

Glock 19

Glock 19 is a compact version of classic Glock 17. Model 19 features a shortened barrel (4.02”) and a handle that holds a 15-round magazine. Extended magazines are  available.----

Sig Sauer P238

Compact P238 is a product of the international arms company SIG-Sauer, namely its U.S. division, introduced in 2009. SIG-Sauer P238 is primarily aimed at the American market as a weapon for hidden carry, both by law enforcement officials and ordinary citizens, in situations where the minimum size and weight of the weapon are required.----

Smith & Wesson .380 EZ Shield

The key word for M&P 380 Shield EZ handgun is “light.” In fact, the idea of this model is that it can be used not only by those who have experience with weapons but also by first-time shooters.----

More: https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/16/five-carry-guns-for-women/

Offline thackney

Re: Five Carry Guns For Women
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:09:02 pm »
Glock 19

I find this a difficult conceal carry in warm weather.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 12:16:20 pm »
I find this a difficult conceal carry in warm weather.

Concealment in warm weather is always an issue.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:59:25 pm »
@Elderberry

I  have inherited weapons that take more power than I have to use them. I have a smallish Ruger revolver with proper ammo to stop someone.

However, I wanted a "really small" weapon.  I researched, found what I wanted, North American Arms, Inc. Mini-revolver, 22 Magnum and Cabelas sells them.  Went to a Cabelas store to buy one.  They did not have it in stock, had to order it.  It was there for a week before I could come back to get it.  When I got there, the clerk said the little revolver was on a desk behind the counter and a number of people saw it and wanted to buy it.  I suggested they might want to have some there to sell.

This weapon comes in a rather large solid metal/heavy case, 9x6 1/2, two inches deep, with a lock.  It is so heavy, if you hit someone over his/her head, it would damage them and knock them out; so you get two weapons when you buy this revolver.

The little revolver is 3 inches long, measuring from the hammer forward using Magnum 22 cartridges, holds five of them.  So, the shooting part is 3 inches, then add the grip.

It will easily go in a not big purse or pocket - it is really small but deadly with magnum 22s at short range.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 02:09:00 pm »
Mrs. Lando would agree... the Sig P238 is extraordinary. 

I have tinkered with the S&W .380 EZ Shield at the gun shops.  Has enormous potential, I think.

On another note, I just picked up the Taurus TX22.  Yes, I think I will like it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 02:55:56 pm »
@Elderberry

I  have inherited weapons that take more power than I have to use them. I have a smallish Ruger revolver with proper ammo to stop someone.

However, I wanted a "really small" weapon.  I researched, found what I wanted, North American Arms, Inc. Mini-revolver, 22 Magnum and Cabelas sells them.  Went to a Cabelas store to buy one.  They did not have it in stock, had to order it.  It was there for a week before I could come back to get it.  When I got there, the clerk said the little revolver was on a desk behind the counter and a number of people saw it and wanted to buy it.  I suggested they might want to have some there to sell.

This weapon comes in a rather large solid metal/heavy case, 9x6 1/2, two inches deep, with a lock.  It is so heavy, if you hit someone over his/her head, it would damage them and knock them out; so you get two weapons when you buy this revolver.

The little revolver is 3 inches long, measuring from the hammer forward using Magnum 22 cartridges, holds five of them.  So, the shooting part is 3 inches, then add the grip.

It will easily go in a not big purse or pocket - it is really small but deadly with magnum 22s at short range.

@Victoria33

One of my hunting buddies carries a NAA 22 Mag. But don't carry it like she does. She carries it in her bra and it takes her too long to dig it out.

I've been packing the Kel Tek P32, but I've been telling myself to step to more power. I haven't yet decided what's next.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 04:00:20 pm »
@Elderberry

My Ruger 38 LCR (lightweight compact revolver) with P, is one law enforcement tends to carry at their ankle.  Mine has hollow point cartridges in it.  It also has red laser so I won't miss.

Personal defense weapons are not toys.  Don't pick it up if your objective is to threaten someone and not fire it.  Be prepared to fire it or don't pick it up.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 04:08:18 pm »
I carry either a S&W .380 Sigma or my newish Taurus G2C 9mm. The former is a lot lighter, but I feel more confident with the latter. It shoots quite nicely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 04:39:10 pm »
I love the feel of a Glock, but I don't love the price point.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 04:42:00 pm »
I love the feel of a Glock, but I don't love the price point.
I'm pleased with the Taurus,  at under $250.

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 05:03:48 pm »
...I wanted a "really small" weapon.  I researched, found what I wanted, North American Arms, Inc. Mini-revolver, 22 Magnum...

The gun you carry because it is small is far more powerful in defence than the bigger gun you leave at home.

Carry what you are comfortable with.  And keep aware of your surroundings.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 05:06:44 pm »
Should have added my carry is the Ruger LCP9s.

To be honest, I don't really like shooting it, because it is so small.

But because of its size, I do carry it.  And I do practice with it.

https://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 05:21:12 pm »
@Elderberry
@thackney

I wanted a smaller weapon for me that I could manage.  The clerk gave me a 9mm to try.  I couldn't pull back the slide - not enough strength to do that.  I had to go with a revolver and that is when I got the Ruger 38 special with P and laser.

Due to the strength problem, older people may not be able to use a weapon with a slide, especially not women. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 05:28:19 pm »
I agree,  @Victoria33 . My husband carries a .38 and its simplicity is appealing.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 05:29:37 pm »
Due to the strength problem, older people may not be able to use a weapon with a slide, especially not women.

I would think arthritis or similar problems could make a semi-auto slide a problem.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:33 pm »
I would think arthritis or similar problems could make a semi-auto slide a problem.

You haven't encountered a hard to rack slide until you've shot an Astra 400.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 06:39:55 am »
I carry either a S&W .380 Sigma or my newish Taurus G2C 9mm. The former is a lot lighter, but I feel more confident with the latter. It shoots quite nicely.

Son just picked up a Taurus G2C also... and likes it pretty well... says it shot well with him also. One jam (shell did not eject perfectly) in his first 100 shots. He had to rack it one time to clear the jam...  My LCP 380 is about the same, it will mess up about every 100+shots (easy clear).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:41:43 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 04:20:51 am »
My wife has a G43 which she conceals in a conceal carry purse.   I conceal carry a Xds mod2 .45 and a Shield 9mm.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn