Author Topic: House to vote on $15 federal minimum wage Thursday  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House to vote on $15 federal minimum wage Thursday
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:45:23 pm »
House to vote on $15 federal minimum wage Thursday
by Sean Higgins
 | July 16, 2019 06:38 PM

The House of Representatives will vote Thursday on legislation to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2026, more than double the current rate of $7.25 an hour. The legislation, titled the Raise the Wage Act, is unlikely to be picked up by the Republican-controlled Senate.

The vote had originally been expected for Wednesday but has been pushed back a day, the House Majority Leader's office told the Washington Examiner.

Democrats have pointed out that it has been more than a decade since the minimum was increased. However a study by the Joint Economic Committee released Tuesday noted that an increase to just $10.15 an hour would bring the minimum wage in line with inflation. Last week, the Chamber of Commerce, the nation's largest business trade association, proposed a raise to that level, but the offer has found few takers within the majority Democratic Party.

"The federal minimum wage is stuck at $7.25/hr. That wasn't enough ten years ago when it was first implemented, and it isn’t enough now. It’s long past time to #RaiseTheWage so every American can earn $15/hr for a single job," Ro Khanna, a California Democrat tweeted Tuesday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/house-to-vote-on-15-federal-minimum-wage-thursday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: House to vote on $15 federal minimum wage Thursday
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:16:03 pm »
Why not cut to the chase and make the minimum wage $50 an hour?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 12:57:52 am »
Gee, I could use a few $$ to supplement my retirement...@ $15/hr I'm game ... I need to start practicing my new line "would ya'll like frize with at"?   /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:02:08 am »
Just a thought, but welfare is tied to minimum wage/living wage.