Author Topic: Green to file articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday night[updated]  (Read 592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Green to file articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday night
By Cristina Marcos - 07/16/19 05:00 PM EDT

Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) said that he plans to introduce his articles of impeachment against President Trump on Tuesday night, and will force a House floor vote on them in the coming days.

Green said in a statement that he will read his articles of impeachment "before the close of the business today."
A spokeswoman for Green said that he has informed Democratic leaders of his plans.

The House is scheduled to vote later Tuesday on a resolution to formally condemn Trump for tweets suggesting that four non-white, progressive freshman congresswomen—Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.)—"go back" to their countries. Only Omar, a Somali refugee who has since become an American citizen, was born outside the U.S.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453375-green-to-file-articles-of-impeachment-against-trump-on-tuesday-night
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:38:00 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Green to file articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday night
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 09:45:34 pm »
The GOP needs to back this President NOW!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:44:55 am »
I'm betting this stunt will go nowhere.  I want to know just what grounds for impeachment does Mr. Green have?  As far as I know, sending mean tweets is not a valid reason to impeach a president.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 10:24:32 am »

Against what?  A pointless exercise in futility by the democrats that will simply redound to his benefit?

Filing this sort of farcical articles of impeachment against Trump is nothing more or less than the democrats shooting their wad.   

The Senate would never convict, so the only end result would be the democrats having made it almost impossible to impeach Trump on anything more substantial. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House expected to vote Wednesday on Green's impeachment effort
By Cristina Marcos - 07/17/19 10:24 AM EDT

The House is expected to vote Wednesday on Rep. Al Green's (D-Texas) articles of impeachment against President Trump, marking the first floor vote on the issue since Democrats took over the majority.

The vote is expected sometime in the late afternoon or early evening, three aides told The Hill.
"Yesterday there was a vote of condemnation. The president was condemned. Today, we'll have a vote to punish," Green told C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" on Wednesday morning.

"We have to punish the president, and impeachment is the means by which he can be punished," Green continued. "We ought to impeach this president for his bigotry."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453472-house-expected-to-vote-wednesday-on-greens-impeachment-effort
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"We have to punish the president, and impeachment is the means by which he can be punished," Green continued. "We ought to impeach this president for his bigotry."

Guess who they're coming for next.   :smokin:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

BTW … the vote's supposed to start at 4:30 today.

My money's on Pelosi losing a fist full of hair by 5:00 pm.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Unlike the two previous POTUS (who were impeached, but not convicted) Johnson, and Clinton.   I know of no proven crime that DJT has committed.  So slinging an off tangent so called racist remark is now an impeachable offense?

Trump couldn't get a better early Christmas present.  Sympathy from the political middle of the road  will surge.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Unlike the two previous POTUS (who were impeached, but not convicted) Johnson, and Clinton.   I know of no proven crime that DJT has committed.  So slinging an off tangent so called racist remark is now an impeachable offense?

According to the Roe interpretation, incendiary tweets are indeed an impeachable offense.  (See: Privacy clause of Article II)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 02:59:14 pm »

The Senate would never convict, so the only end result would be the democrats having made it almost impossible to impeach Trump on anything more substantial.

Nailed it.  If they want to shoot their wad, they better have something substantial or this will backfire like never before.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
According to the Roe interpretation, incendiary tweets are indeed an impeachable offense.  (See: Privacy clause of Article II)

Not disputing your statement, but my search engine yields "zero" on what you are talking about here.  Please elaborate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm hoping that Congressman Green never stops campaigning for the president's re-election.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Not disputing your statement, but my search engine yields "zero" on what you are talking about here.  Please elaborate.

It's constitutional  because I say so, damnit!  Just because it isn't there doesn't mean it isn't there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It's in the penumbra!  Please look there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's in the penumbra!  Please look there!

It's tucked in neatly behind an emanation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
True.
It is also written by Nostradamus.
Quatrain #5-21
Yea that the bird of communication shall sing boldly
The king of the West shall triumph and proclaim
To those from afar who sojourn in our lands
Consider your own families, before attempting to heal ours
So arose a man the color of forest
Who shall attempted to wound the king
Fails he spectacularly, and with ignominy
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

House expected to vote Wednesday on Green's impeachment effort
By Cristina Marcos - 07/17/19 10:24 AM EDT

The House is expected to vote Wednesday on Rep. Al Green's (D-Texas) articles of impeachment against President Trump, marking the first floor vote on the issue since Democrats took over the majority.

The vote is expected sometime in the late afternoon or early evening, three aides told The Hill.
"Yesterday there was a vote of condemnation. The president was condemned. Today, we'll have a vote to punish," Green told C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" on Wednesday morning.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453472-house-expected-to-vote-wednesday-on-greens-impeachment-effort

big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/

noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Trying to figure out how this could be categorized as a high crime or misdemeanor??

Actually, I would think that this would fall under Trump exercising his freedom of speech!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:31:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 05:59:45 pm »
No thanks. I'd rather have Mike Pence as President.

Alas, the legal case for impeaching Trump is flimsy and weak, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 06:39:39 pm »
No thanks. I'd rather have Mike Pence as President.

Alas, the legal case for impeaching Trump is flimsy and weak, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

As if that had any bearing on what the House will do. Conviction OTOH is not on the table...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA