Author Topic: Kamala Harris on Reparations: ‘Writing a Check’ Not ‘Gonna Be Enough’  (Read 624 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) believes that “writing a check” to the descendants of slaves is not “going to be enough” when it comes to reparations.
In an interview with Jemele Hill’s podcast that was released on Monday evening, Hill, playing a game of “for or against,” asked Harris if she was “for or against” reparations. Harris answered: “complicated.” Hill, who interviewed Harris during Essence Fest in New Orleans, told her “that wasn’t one of the choices.”
The presidential candidate then elaborated, saying she supports Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s (D-TX) commission to study reparations.

“We need to address how we’re going to do it… because back to the point I was making about home ownership…back to the point I was making about disparities around education… you can look at health outcomes when you know that black women are three to four times more likely to die in connection with child birth,” Harris said. “So there’s a lot that has to be about looking at this in a way that is about structural and systemic investment in communities.”
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/07/16/kamala-harris-on-reparations-writing-a-check-not-gonna-be-enough/
So it is not enough to take money from people who did nothing and give to people who do not deserve it.  Those innocent people must be punished with a permanent destruction.

It will never end.

And these people believe we are the racists for opposing what is clear to the world as rampant racist attacks.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline rustynail

The only fair thing is for White People to leave.

Offline skeeter

No kidding. Who believes that a check in any amount will ever be enough.

Offline Night Hides Not

If there’s one thing we know, at least for those of us conservatives, it’s never enough.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

They want to be the Masters, and us be Slaves.

That's what they've wanted all along.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The only fair thing is for White People to leave.
What they really want is a replay of South Africa. Blacks should be able to confiscated homes, land, businesses, and any property belonging to White people. White people should be raped, abused, and murdered by Blacks with impunity. This really is what the far-out radical Black activists want. And they would turn it all into a shit-hole within a decade.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_finances_of_professional_American_athletes

"According to a 2009 Sports Illustrated article, 78% of National Football League (NFL) players are either bankrupt or are under financial stress within two years of retirement and an estimated 60% of National Basketball Association (NBA) players go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport.[1] Originally the statement "60% of NBA players go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport" was released by a representative of the NBA Players' Association in 2008 [2][3] A Fortune magazine article states, however, that a working paper from the National Bureau of Economic Research found that the percentage of NFL players who go bankrupt after two years is a much smaller 1.9%, climbing to 15.7% after 12 years.[4]"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

As a direct descendant of slave-owners, what else does Harris propose for herself to do?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As a direct descendant of slave-owners, what else does Harris propose for herself to do?

Somebody might suggest that she take a DNA test, like her dem opponent, Warren.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Harris is appealing to blacks merely because of her race.  She has zero personality and has no genuine issues that appeal to the majority of Americans. 

I dined last night at a Chinese restaurant, and in the booth next to me were four black ladies, and they talked about politics for much of the evening.  They were loud enough, it was hard not to hear their conversation.  They all loved Harris, were not very fond of Biden, expressed they liked Buttigeig(which I thought odd), etc.  And after talking politics, one of them said, can we just stop talking politics.  I suspect she was a Trump fan, for she was silent for most of the time.  She sounded irritated with the conversation.

I still say, it will not be any of the leading contenders on the Dems side.  What is happening now is merely prologue to the real drama later in the year.

It will be TRUMP vs Clinton again.  The Dems have no other play.  The repeated sentiment is someone that has a chance to beat Trump.  None in the present clown car have a chance, I do not care what any of the polls imply now.  The Dems are their own worst enemy, and noise makers like the Anarchist Four complicate their efforts to have a viable platform.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You'd think the Democrats should write that check, in part at least, their party.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamala Harris on Reparations: ‘Writing a Check’ Not ‘Gonna Be Enough’

Someday, maybe sooner, probably later, maybe too late, all dem dumb white folks are gonna wake up and realize, "how could we have been so stupid for the last 60 years....?"

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The slave toiling under the lash does not dream of being free.  He dreams of wielding the lash.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And what of all the lives and assorted body parts sacrificed by all those evil White people to win freedom for all those slaves...................until of course Democrats chained them to an entirely different but just as suffocating plantation? What about them and their families, shouldn't the former slave's families pay them reparations?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

And there it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Kamala Harris on Reparations: ‘Writing a Check’ Not ‘Gonna Be Enough’

Someday, maybe sooner, probably later, maybe too late, all dem dumb white folks are gonna wake up and realize, "how could we have been so stupid for the last 60 years....?"
They'll be long dead, with no children to carry on. For the women, voluntary extinction; for the men, involuntary celibacy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024