Author Topic: LGBT asylum-seekers exempt from 'Remain in Mexico' policy and can stay in US  (Read 379 times)

Online corbe

LGBT asylum-seekers exempt from 'Remain in Mexico' policy and can stay in US

by Anna Giaritelli

July 16, 2019 12:12 AM

Asylum-seekers who arrive at the southern border and claim to be LGBT are exempt from the U.S.-Mexico “Remain in Mexico” policy and will not be returned to Mexico to await decisions by U.S. immigration judges, several U.S. border officials told the Washington Examiner.

"Mexican immigration is not taking anybody back into Mexico under the MPP [Migration Protection Protocols] program that’s identifying as part of the LGBT community. If they say they’re gay or bisexual, any of those, Mexico won’t take them back,” one official said.

Rank-and-file officers working at ports of entry as well as agents who process asylum-seekers who have illegally crossed from Mexico and are to be returned south of the border are well aware asylum-seekers who identify as LGBT are not eligible for the program, according to three senior U.S. Customs and Border Protection and National Border Patrol Council officials.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lgbt-asylum-seekers-exempt-from-remain-in-mexico-policy-and-can-stay-in-us
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

This is the pits.  Can't send back someone who says he/she is gay.  If you read the article, there are others we can't send back.  Can't send back anyone who has a medical problem, including pregnant women, anyone who says he/she has a mental problem. unaccompanied children, and others are listed.  This is the agreement made by Trump and the Mexican government.    9999hair out0000

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I say place them in the congressional district of Ilhan Abdullahi Omar and see how accepting those Muslim citizens there are of these asylum seekers.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

rangerrebew

I say place them in the congressional district of Ilhan Abdullahi Omar and see how accepting those Muslim citizens there are of these asylum seekers.

In the same district?  She has said Somalia is a better place than the U.S. so send them right on to Somalia.  And if they should be thrown off a building, they can blame her for bad information. :whistle:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In the same district?  She has said Somalia is a better place than the U.S. so send them right on to Somalia.  And if they should be thrown off a building, they can blame her for bad information. :whistle:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington