Author Topic: Trump outwitted the media to turn his census citizenship ‘concession’ into a win  (Read 534 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump outwitted the media to turn his census citizenship ‘concession’ into a win

By Andrew Malcolm Special to McClatchy
July 16, 2019 06:00 AM

In 1982, the day before an important group of potential investors was to tour the location of his new Atlantic City hotel, Donald Trump himself appeared at the construction site. He ordered the foreman to bring in more workers and machines the next day to make it look busier.

Except for the predictable dark suit he wears every workday, Trump has always valued appearances highly. It’s worked pretty well for him over the years, and other pols too, as it turns out.

We saw that again the other day. The Trump administration essentially won a case before the Supreme Court over its right to add a citizenship question to the April 2020 census questionnaire. But the court had lingering questions about the process, and threats of even more time-consuming liberal lawsuits would push the census well past the deadline to print millions of forms.

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/opinion/article232697402.html#storylink=cpy

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, he may be able to count the numbers of illegals here with this data, but the Constitution says apportionment will be made by a Census every 10 years.  So am wondering how these numbers from the Executive branch can be folded into what the Census says?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It was such a good head fake that I still think Trump is a bumbling idiot.

Offline Victoria33

Will write about this later today - why we need "total" body count.

Offline Victoria33

@Once-Ler
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@txradioguy
@musiclady
@Cyber Liberty

"In 1982, the day before an important group of potential investors was to tour the location of his new Atlantic City hotel, Donald Trump himself appeared at the construction site. He ordered the foreman to bring in more workers and machines the next day to make it look busier."

I knew about the above when I researched his life.  He is a "faker" in all he does.  He did not get approval from the Supreme Court to put the citizenship question on the census forms as the writer of the article says he did.

Why we need to know the total amount of people in this country and where they live.
Think "human bodies", just "human bodies".  Nothing but "human bodies".

Every ten years there is a count of human bodies. 
County
There is a number of bodies in a county who can be in a county precinct.  If the count goes over the number, a new precinct must be formed.  What is the purpose? 

1.  Sure, a political one to know how many are in a voting precinct and that can be broken down to how many Dems and Reps voted in the last primary.  After a primary, the voter list shows how each voter voted - Dem or Rep.  The voter list also shows how many did not vote.  Now, forget politics.  Forget white, black, brown - think "bodies".

2.  A county commissioner needs to know how many people use a road.  Wear and tear on a road is equivalent to the number of vehicles that travel it.  The census gives him a way to estimate road repair and new road building in the precincts he serves.

3.  The water district needs to know how many bodies are drinking water in each of their outflow substations (a water bill does not tell them how many bodies in a house are drinking water) and how fast that is growing so they can keep clean water flowing as the numbers grow.  The census gives the water district a way to know what needs to be done now for more water lines and how to prepare for the future growth.

4.  The electric company needs to be able to determine future use based on the human body count growing.  It tells them where new lines and future lines need to be built.

5.  The most important reason to count human bodies:
If a disaster happens, the county, the state, and the federal government need to know how many human bodies are in a precinct/a county/a state so those bodies can be saved by water/food/medical care, housing.  You would likely have a fit if 10,000 people died of thirst because the government only sent water for 100 people - and only enough food for 100 - all because they did not have a count of bodies.

I have given you five reasons why all bodies should be counted.  If you think about where you live, and the country in general, I feel sure you can come up with other reasons why the total of human bodies should be known.

"Illegals", whether men or women or children, have a human body that requires water and food. Their human body count should be in the total count of a precinct, a county, a state for the reasons listed above.  They are not plants, cows, or dogs.  They are human bodies and need to be counted.  Put the citizenship question on the census and you will not get a total body count.

God made bodies and everything God made/makes is good.  I would bet you know and like a person who is illegally in this country and you don't mean him or her should be sent back.  You want this one here but send the ones you don't know - back.

Human bodies have worth.  Did you hear the story yesterday, in Louisiana, that a 75 year old black lady who helped black people all her life, was murdered and put in the trunk of her car?  That so upset me, brings me to tears now.  A man was arrested today for her murder.  He was renting a house she had and he could not pay the rent so he killed her.  He won't be living in her rent house now.  That lady's body should be alive and it isn't.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:24:18 pm by Victoria33 »

Bill Cipher

Except that the US just agreed to allow the judge in one of these cases to issue a permanent injunction permanently barring the government from asking the citizenship question. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except that the US just agreed to allow the judge in one of these cases to issue a permanent injunction permanently barring the government from asking the citizenship question.

I saw that on the news and I have no idea what just happened.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:43:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

I saw that on the news and I have no idea what just happened.

It permanently prohibits a citizenship question on the 2020 census.  At least it didn’t try to go beyond 2020.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It permanently prohibits a citizenship question on the 2020 census.  At least it didn’t try to go beyond 2020.

I see.  Then I guess the promise to stop the fight over it was true. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Human bodies have worth.
I don't think anyone is arguing against the census itself.  The census will happen.