Author Topic: Scott Adams: Trump’s “Go Back” Tweet  (Read 3764 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Scott Adams: Trump’s “Go Back” Tweet
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 12:16:59 am »
I'm beginning to realize the trouble with many nevertrump folks --- everywhere --- is they're terrible afraid @truth_seeker   The memory of yesterday when Republicans remained "above the fray" makes taking the fight to the political enemy terrifying for them.  All around them the battles are messy and loud and relentless.  One wonders what they wouldn't give for some quiet.

Nah, @Right_in_Virginia ... No fear at all. Just amazement and profound disappointment in y'all that you would trade our heritage founded in principles for a clown that does nothing more than bluster and poke his finger in people's eyes.

Y'all aren't 'bringing it'. If you were, more conservatives - you know, real ones - would be getting put in place, and a coalition would be getting built that would be capable of actually changing laws. If you were, the halmarks of conservatism - federalism and fiscal austerity - would be fully engaged, cutting the money out from under this federal behemoth, and laws would be being enacted repealing federal obastcles to state sovereignty. You know, real laws providing real and lasting change.

This self-gratifying glee over sophomoric antics and drama does not invoke fear, but rather, proper disgust. And that's all it does. Sooner or later, the bill will come due.

Have a nice day.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 01:53:42 am »
Major Bill (whose posts I nearly always admire and pay attention to) wrote:
"Okay, if we could magically flip a switch and have Nikki Haley be our 2020 nominee, great."

Cough!   Choke!    Gargle!
Stop right there!
Nikki Haley?

Major, put down the evenin' drink.
That woman is just another RINO, and you'd better hope that she never becomes your commander-in-chief !

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2019, 01:56:31 am »
Nah, @Right_in_Virginia ... No fear at all. Just amazement and profound disappointment in y'all that you would trade our heritage founded in principles for a clown that does nothing more than bluster and poke his finger in people's eyes.

Y'all aren't 'bringing it'. If you were, more conservatives - you know, real ones - would be getting put in place, and a coalition would be getting built that would be capable of actually changing laws. If you were, the halmarks of conservatism - federalism and fiscal austerity - would be fully engaged, cutting the money out from under this federal behemoth, and laws would be being enacted repealing federal obastcles to state sovereignty. You know, real laws providing real and lasting change.

This self-gratifying glee over sophomoric antics and drama does not invoke fear, but rather, proper disgust. And that's all it does. Sooner or later, the bill will come due.

Have a nice day. 

I think you're stuck @roamer_1  You can't allow yourself to see the conservative advancements made under this President, not only in policy but also in the reawakening of individualism and faith and family and country.  You can't allow it because the leader does not match your expectations of what he would look like, walk like, sound like and act like, so you look at Donald Trump and see a "clown".  I look at Donald Trump and see the right man for these times.

You fail to see that what worked yesterday for conservatism does not work today; not because the principles are wrong, but because the conservative political strategy is old and worn and futile against a political enemy that has grown bolder under the security blankets of a blatantly politicized media and judiciary.  This is what prevents you from entering a coalition with "Trumpers".  You want to try the same thing over again even though it has failed for a generation.  Someone once called this "insanity".

What you call "bluster" I call our voice breaking through the barriers surrounding us on all sides.  What you call "poking a finger in the public's eyes" I call wrestling control from the media franchise that drenches this country in lies.  And I am far from alone in this thinking.

The fight for this nation's soul is not unfolding as you have always expected.  It is far more messy, and wild, and noisy and unrelenting.  It's not happening at roundtable discussions punctuated with rings of smoke from a well used tobacco pipe. Those days are over.  For now.  Sorry, but it's true, so don't malign the messenger.

But the fight is happening. We're smack in the middle of it. And we are winning; whether or not it matches your expectation of what the battle and its leader would look like --- we are winning.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2019, 02:27:48 am »
I think you're stuck @roamer_1  You can't allow yourself to see the conservative advancements made under this President, not only in policy but also in the reawakening of individualism and faith and family and country.  You can't allow it because the leader does not match your expectations of what he would look like, walk like, sound like and act like, so you look at Donald Trump and see a "clown".  I look at Donald Trump and see the right man for these times.

You fail to see that what worked yesterday for conservatism does not work today; not because the principles are wrong, but because the conservative political strategy is old and worn and futile against a political enemy that has grown bolder under the security blankets of a blatantly politicized media and judiciary.  This is what prevents you from entering a coalition with "Trumpers".  You want to try the same thing over again even though it has failed for a generation.  Someone once called this "insanity".

What you call "bluster" I call our voice breaking through the barriers surrounding us on all sides.  What you call "poking a finger in the public's eyes" I call wrestling control from the media franchise that drenches this country in lies.  And I am far from alone in this thinking.

The fight for this nation's soul is not unfolding as you have always expected.  It is far more messy, and wild, and noisy and unrelenting.  It's not happening at roundtable discussions punctuated with rings of smoke from a well used tobacco pipe. Those days are over.  For now.  Sorry, but it's true, so don't malign the messenger.

But the fight is happening. We're smack in the middle of it. And we are winning; whether or not it matches your expectation of what the battle and its leader would look like --- we are winning.

Awesome! Nice line of reasoning. You still rocking it, girl! 888high58888

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2019, 02:49:40 am »
You can't allow yourself to see the conservative advancements made under this President, not only in policy but also in the reawakening of individualism and faith and family and country.

And you can't allow yourself to see that $2 trillion deficits are destroying the country, that catch and release of illegals has gotten much worse, and that trade deficits have increased because of tariffs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2019, 03:13:44 am »

Spectacular post, @Right_in_Virginia !!  LOVE IT!!

You're a Briefing Room treasure.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2019, 03:18:48 am »
 ***suicide***
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2019, 03:19:26 am »
And you can't allow yourself to see that $2 trillion deficits are destroying the country, that catch and release of illegals has gotten much worse, and that trade deficits have increased because of tariffs.

China is experiencing its worst economy in 28 years, due to the tariffs imposed by this President.  North Korea and Iran are devastated too!

Furthermore, these deficits are NEVER going to be repaid... NEVER!! 

Therefore, $19T or $22T....doesn't mean a GD thing when you're trying to win a battle to maintain and protect our Constitution and Republic.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 03:20:38 am »
***suicide***

Oh...don't be so depressed @corbe

You're a 'treasure' too.

....Fool's gold.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 03:41:01 am »
I think you're stuck @roamer_1  You can't allow yourself to see the conservative advancements made under this President, not only in policy [...]

@Right_in_Virginia
What conservative advancements? There are none that won't be gone the minute his heel crosses the white house threshold. Please DO elaborate, because I see absolutely nothing, except a corporate tax cut... A cut, unfortunately not accompanied by reigned-in spending, which can only mean printing even more money by the trillions.

That is not Conservative.

[...] but also in the reawakening of individualism and faith and family and country. 

Oh baloney. Plastic banana feel-good nonsense. Likely what y'all are focused in on though - because there is nothing else.

You can't allow it because the leader does not match your expectations of what he would look like, walk like, sound like and act like, so you look at Donald Trump and see a "clown".  I look at Donald Trump and see the right man for these times.

No, I can't allow it because it isn't there. What is needed in a leader is a coalition builder... what is needed is a ground game from the bottom up to install conservatives that will do the right thing. Conservatives, not Republicans entering into office with that leader's help and blessing. What is needed is to overthrow the moderates.
That ain't happening.

PSST: Your emperor is butt-nekkid. You are living in a fantasy.

No, what I see is y'all aligned with the actual problem - the moderate wing of the Republicans - not the democrats. Y'all are so busy throwin poo at democrats and the media, that you fail to see what you've left at the handles of Republican power - The very same Republicans that have foiled conservative advance, and have been in control since just after the 94 Congress vacated.

It is Y'ALL that are doing the same old thing... and carrying water for moderate Republicans... THAT is the first reason why I have no inclination toward a coalition with Trumpers. What your coalition is is mere Republican-ism led by the moderate wing, and a NYC liberal. As I have said before, not a single conservative principle is being defended. Not a one... Proven, as I said up-thread. And all the while, corporate cronyism is rebranded as capitalism, and trillions upon trillions feed the beast - All with the cheering of your crowd, all too happy to catch candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade. And calling it conservatism. woohoo.

Liberalism is not winning by it merits. It has no merits.
It is winning because it has no opposition.
Including y'all.

Why the heck would a conservative ever join that?

Nonsense. The media was lying long before the Tump movement came along, and it will be lying long after you're gone. You are wresting control from no one.

And I never said, btw, 'poking a finger in the public's eye'.

The fight for this nation's soul is not unfolding as you have always expected.  It is far more messy, and wild, and noisy and unrelenting. 

No, it is not unfolding at all. And you ain't half as wild, messy, or noisy as the Tea Party was, and without any of the gains. It is a waste of time that we don't have.

It's not happening at roundtable discussions punctuated with rings of smoke from a well used tobacco pipe. Those days are over.  For now.  Sorry, but it's true, so don't malign the messenger.

You really think I give a crap about round tables and pipe smoke. ROTFLMAO!!! You've got to be kidding me.

Winning WHAT? The point is the Principles of Conservatism... which have not gained an inch. Tell me - what has been won? What do we get to keep?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2019, 03:49:18 am »
Is Trump a Conservative?

I don't know.

I do know that he's what we need right now.

I also think that most Americans agree with his "go back tweet".

I am a "Hispanic" immigrant and a former Never-Trumper", and I stand with Trump.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2019, 04:14:37 am »
Is Trump a Conservative?

I don't know.

I am a "Hispanic" immigrant and a former Never-Trumper", and I stand with Trump.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2019, 04:45:08 am »
Luis wrote:
"I am a "Hispanic" immigrant and a former Never-Trumper", and I stand with Trump."

Well, that's a statement that's bold and reflective at once.
Thanks for taking things into consideration and coming around in your viewpoint.

Some others 'round here ought to give thought to doing the same.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 05:05:55 am »
Predictably, there will be no introspection or nay-saying from the Trumpets.
Sun-Tzu was an opinionated moron, the WSJ doesn't know what it's talking about;
and on and on and on; yet why so???
Because Trump has become a quasi-religious icon to his followers, in their mind, shedding
light where there was darkness, protecting us from evil while ensuring peace and prosperity.
He can do no wrong so his behavior, impulses and sentiments don't matter.
In many ways he's become our Mullah, ranting and raving from the Minaret.
Yet every performance ends at some point. Wonder if his fans have grasped this????

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2019, 05:25:11 am »
Is Trump a Conservative?

I don't know.

My wife's late uncle was an Italian immigrant, who first lived in Baja, Venezuela and Cuba while waiting for a legal way to enter the US. He was a truly proud American citizen.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2019, 05:33:34 am »
Predictably, there will be no introspection or nay-saying from the Trumpets.
Sun-Tzu was an opinionated moron, the WSJ doesn't know what it's talking about;
and on and on and on; yet why so???
Because Trump has become a quasi-religious icon to his followers, in their mind, shedding
light where there was darkness, protecting us from evil while ensuring peace and prosperity.
He can do no wrong so his behavior, impulses and sentiments don't matter.
In many ways he's become our Mullah, ranting and raving from the Minaret.
Yet every performance ends at some point. Wonder if his fans have grasped this????

Trump, compared to who?

Hillary?

Weak Republican that can't win a primary?

3rd party kook?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2019, 05:37:13 am »
The yip-yap about Principled Conservatism is beyond embarrassing.
It is a body of unchanging rules of order that form the basis for human
conduct and are derived from the Natural Law.
These Principles are some 10,000 years old and have absolutely nothing
to do w/economics, politics or religion. N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2019, 05:41:38 am »
The yip-yap about Principled Conservatism is beyond embarrassing.
It is a body of unchanging rules of order that form the basis for human
conduct and are derived from the Natural Law.
These Principles are some 10,000 years old and have absolutely nothing
to do w/economics, politics or religion. N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kindly post a copy or llink  of agreed "Natural Laws."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2019, 10:38:27 am »
My wife's late uncle was an Italian immigrant, who first lived in Baja, Venezuela and Cuba while waiting for a legal way to enter the US. He was a truly proud American citizen.

Same here. My uncle emigrated from Italy by way of Venezuela. He worked as a top notch auto mechanic in Venezuela and after several years he finally gained entry to the US and joined his fiancée in New York where they were finally married.

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2019, 11:19:28 am »
Thank you for the kind words @DCPatriot @aligncare    happy77

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2019, 11:29:24 am »
Thanks for the reply @roamer_1   But having figured out what's driving your opposition, I concede I do not have the power to influence a change in your opinion. You simply are not ready.  Hopefully we can reengage on this debate in the future.

Enjoy your day.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2019, 12:36:51 pm »
Without Trump @Jazzhead neither do you.

You miss the point, @Right_in_Virginia .   I'm not one of those who objects to Trump's policy directions.   Indeed,  I want to see those directions continue,  and not replaced by their polar opposite - unbridled socialism.    Unfortunately,  I am convinced that Trump has burned so many bridges and frustrated so many people that he will not only be defeated but bring down the GOP Senate as well.    And that could mean the demise of the Republic as we know it. 

Trump may have been the right voice and catalyst for change in 2016,  but in 2020 he will be the Democrats' savior.   It is unprecedented that a peacetime President presiding over a booming economy could generate such intense hatred.   We have to recognize the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be.    Trump is not going to be re-elected,  and the damage to what we hold dear will be incalculable.    You will dismiss what I write,  and claim I am motivated by fear.   Well,  fear of socialism, open borders and race hatred does motivate me,  and it ought to concern you too.    When the Democrats and Donald Trump want this election to be about the same thing - a referendum on a very flawed man -  you ought to be concerned too. 

Trump always approached his Presidential run as a branding opportunity.    He never thought he'd win,  and to his credit he's thrown himself into the job with a passion to try his best to keep his word to the folks who voted for him.   That, of course, is the key to his popularity with his base,  but he's clung to that base like a baby to his mama's teat.   He's never tried to appeal beyond his faction, and that failure is going to catch up with him.    He needs to declare that as a citizen-politician he has achieved what he set out to do and pass the baton to a successor who can save his legacy and save the nation from the specter of Kamala Harris or Bernie Sanders.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2019, 12:39:42 pm »

Have a nice day.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2019, 12:53:42 pm »
You miss the point, @Right_in_Virginia .   I'm not one of those who objects to Trump's policy directions.   Indeed,  I want to see those directions continue,  and not replaced by their polar opposite - unbridled socialism.    Unfortunately,  I am convinced that Trump has burned so many bridges and frustrated so many people that he will not only be defeated but bring down the GOP Senate as well.   

I got your point @Jazzhead   I simply do not agree with it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2019, 01:07:16 pm »
I didn't expect you would,  @Right_in_Virginia .   But it needs to be said.   Trump's tribal mentality has upped the tribalism on the Dem side as well, and the Dem tribe now includes socialists and proponents of open borders,  which were never mainstream Dem positions before.    The shockwave represented by Trump's victory in 2016 will be met with a true seismic disaster in 2020 as the Dems' irrational hatred for Trump and motivation to oust him will open the door to extremism.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide