Author Topic: Scott Adams: Trump’s “Go Back” Tweet  (Read 3763 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Scott Adams: Trump’s “Go Back” Tweet
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 06:30:42 pm »
Sure there is.   But no one, it appears,  with the courage to stand up and tell Trump to step down.

I strongly suspect there are some who have the courage to stand up and tell Trump to sit down.  But they also have the brains to know he won't listen, and that the vast majority of Republicans will resent them for validating publicly Democrat criticisms of him.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 06:33:06 pm »
There is no other Republican on the national stage who can win a general election in this country, which is why Trump will face little to no opposition in the primary.

Actually, I think the problem is that there is no other Republican on the national stage who has a hope in hell of winning a primary against Trump, and that's why he is going to face little or no opposition in the primary.  Nobody wants to jump on a grenade when nobody is going to be saved by that sacrifice.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 06:36:43 pm »
@Jazzhead

And apparently, the Dems internal polling show that AOC et al poll terribly in much of the country.  So the more he can make the 2020 race about the dangers of the radical Democrats, in addition to his economic achievements, the better shot he'll have.

I agree 100%.    I just don't agree that Trump's Archie Bunker tweets are productive to that end.  Rather,  I think they further reinforce the Dem narrative that he's an irredeemable racist.  That is, they keep the focus OFF of the booming economy/Dem radicalism and squarely ON the narrative of Trump-as-toxic. 

I'll say it again: Just because the media is eager to portray Trump as a racist doesn't mean that Trump should be doubling down with statements that make him look like a racist. 

Lindsay Graham:  "Aim higher!" 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2019, 06:39:00 pm »
Actually, I think the problem is that there is no other Republican on the national stage who has a hope in hell of winning a primary against Trump, and that's why he is going to face little or no opposition in the primary.  Nobody wants to jump on a grenade when nobody is going to be saved by that sacrifice.

That's why I advocate pressure being brought to bear for Trump to step down as the 2020 nominee, before the primary season begins.   There is nothing that would frustrate the Dems more,  because without the Trump punching bag,  they've got nothing.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2019, 06:51:28 pm »
That's why I advocate pressure being brought to bear for Trump to step down as the 2020 nominee, before the primary season begins.   There is nothing that would frustrate the Dems more,  because without the Trump punching bag,  they've got nothing.

Okay, if we could magically flip a switch and have Nikki Haley be our 2020 nominee, great.  While we're at it, we could just ask Trump to grow to the size of a Titan, wade on over to North Korea, and pluck out their nukes and missiles with a wave of his mighty meat hooks.

But I think both are equally unlikely.  I mean, didn't you acknowledge many months back that there was basically zero chance of him quitting on his own, or of any other Republican beating him?  Given your criticisms of Trump, I really can't imagine that you see him as someone who would truly be willing to walk away just because some in the GOP asked him to.  If anything, the louder the calls on him to resign, the more likely he is to flip everyone the proverbial bird.  That's pretty much the core of who he is.

If there's one thing the election of 2016 accomplished, it was to convince Trump to not believe the polls, and that there really is a mass of Americans who may lie to the pollsters, but will come out for him on Election Day. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:53:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 07:11:30 pm »
It is going to be interesting, to be sure.

The Democrats will say Trump is too immoral to win re-election, while they themselves actively seek out and help people to break the law and commit fraud?

Is Trump more or less immoral than single-sex bathrooms and 9th month abortions?

This is going to be interesting to see them try to sell this.

If that is truly the democratic plan of attack, my prediction is a Trump win as large as Reagan over Mondale.

Throw in if the economic news is still good news come November 2020, that will play a huge role.
They've already abandon going after the economy, so it seems.
They are countering with "free stuff" so far.

Trump perfect?
No.
Democrats hold the moral high ground?
No.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:12:19 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 07:14:45 pm »
The President loses nothing … his base stays with him and independents are nodding in agreement with him. 

But, but he doesn't please Usual Suspect Briefers, that state they didn't vote for him, and won't vote for
him, because he is too direct, in speech and tweet.

The trouble with too many #nevertrump Briefers, is they thrive on and buy into the media and dem points of view.

Their track record is: wrong before the electionwrong on the election, and wrong since the election at almost eery turn.

Why in the hell place value in opinions, of people that aare usually wrong?

Why not placce value on people that are usually correct?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2019, 07:23:55 pm »

Any nominee, other than Trump would get crushed like a bug.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2019, 07:33:04 pm »
Judging by results this far, I believe Trump's tweet is successfull beyond expectations.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2019, 07:43:01 pm »
Judging by results this far, I believe Trump's tweet is successfull beyond expectations.
shocking  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:28 pm »
But, but he doesn't please Usual Suspect Briefers, that state they didn't vote for him, and won't vote for

The trouble with too many #nevertrump Briefers, is they thrive on and buy into the media and dem points of view.

Their track record is: wrong before the electionwrong on the election, and wrong since the election at almost eery turn.

Why in the hell place value in opinions, of people that aare usually wrong?

Why not placce value on people that are usually correct?

There he goes again.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 08:15:08 pm »
shocking  *****rollingeyes*****

Be shocked again: Let it bring the "John Dean" out in you, if you like.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 08:16:25 pm »

There he goes again.

Rock on, @truth_seeker

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 08:26:44 pm »
Nobody wants to jump on a grenade when nobody is going to be saved by that sacrifice.

What?  @Maj. Bill Martin

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 08:36:31 pm »
Be shocked again: Let it bring the "John Dean" out in you, if you like.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Nixon's suck does not make Trump's suck, suck less.  What is your point?

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2019, 08:47:10 pm »
If, after tomorrow's Trump rally, the lines drawn in the 2020 sand are --- 

1.  Capitalism versus the democrats, 
2.  American sovereignty versus the democrats,
3.  American belief in our unique and righteous greatness, righting wrongs along our way versus the democrats, and
4.  American loyalty to and respect for country versus the democrats.

--- Who'd you rather be:  Pelosi or Trump? 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2019, 08:54:50 pm »
Sure there is.   But no one, it appears,  with the courage to stand up and tell Trump to step down.

@Jazzhead you keep saying this but in reality there is no one.  Why would someone come forward from the GOP and tell Trump to step down??  IF indeed they truly think they can do better or have a better solution to what ails us, but they don't have the courage to come forward and do so, then really they're not worth squat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2019, 08:58:14 pm »
    Yesterday is tomorrows today ~ had some of you Trumpers not gave up so easily on the Real Conservative in the primary, to go off chasing squirrels, all of us wouldn't be left in the uncomfortable position of whether it's Trump or a dem?  OF Couse it's Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2019, 09:01:42 pm »
    Yesterday is tomorrows today ~ had some of you Trumpers not gave up so easily on the Real Conservative in the primary, to go off chasing squirrels, all of us wouldn't be left in the uncomfortable position of whether it's Trump or a dem?  OF Couse it's Trump.

:amen: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2019, 10:52:47 pm »
  There is nothing that would frustrate the Dems more,  because without the Trump punching bag,  they've got nothing.

Without Trump @Jazzhead neither do you.

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2019, 10:54:16 pm »

Had we followed your strategy, the incumbent in 2020 would be Hillary. 

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2019, 11:19:18 pm »

I'm beginning to realize the trouble with many nevertrump folks --- everywhere --- is they're terrible afraid @truth_seeker   The memory of yesterday when Republicans remained "above the fray" makes taking the fight to the political enemy terrifying for them.  All around them the battles are messy and loud and relentless.  One wonders what they wouldn't give for some quiet.

I pity them for the fear overwhelming them; but am convinced they will accept the fruits of our hard fought victories.   happy77

Such are the times in which we are fortunate enough to live, my friend.   

Bill Cipher

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:58 pm »
I'm beginning to realize the trouble with many nevertrump folks --- everywhere --- is they're terrible afraid @truth_seeker   The memory of yesterday when Republicans remained "above the fray" makes taking the fight to the political enemy terrifying for them.  All around them the battles are messy and loud and relentless.  One wonders what they wouldn't give for some quiet.

I pity them for the fear overwhelming them; but am convinced they will accept the fruits of our hard fought victories.   happy77

Such are the times in which we are fortunate enough to live, my friend.   

Victories?  Please.  Trump just tucked tail on the census citizenship question and meekly agreed to a permanent injunction.  If that’s the measure of victory, I’d hate to see the measure of defeat. 

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2019, 11:46:19 pm »
Victories?  Please.  Trump just tucked tail on the census citizenship question and meekly agreed to a permanent injunction.  If that’s the measure of victory, I’d hate to see the measure of defeat.

I don't really know your posting history ..... I've bumped into you a few times, but nothing stands out.  So, I don't know if you are aware of what actually transpired and is transpiring regarding the citizenship question.  If you're unaware, sorry .... but I don't want to bring you up to speed here and change the topic of the thread.  Send a PM to me if you're interested.   

If you *are* aware of the realities, and still chose to post the comment you did, then further discussion would be a waste of my time.  And my time is precious.

Best to you.   :beer:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2019, 11:47:18 pm »
I don't really know your posting history ..... I've bumped into you a few times, but nothing stands out.  So, I don't know if you are aware of what actually transpired and is transpiring regarding the citizenship question.  If you're unaware, sorry .... but I don't want to bring you up to speed here and change the topic of the thread.  Send a PM to me if you're interested.   

If you *are* aware of the realities, and still chose to post the comment you did, then further discussion would be a waste of my time.  And my time is precious.

Best to you.   :beer:

He tucked tail.  Meekly.  That is exactly what happened.