Author Topic: Willie Nelson,pondering the future  (Read 672 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:33:59 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Re: Willie Nelson,pondering the future
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:23:49 am »
He does have a thoughtful long term plan...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 12:59:46 am »
@roamer_1

LOVE his music and mostly despise the man,but I do admire the class he showed after the IRS seized and sold most/all his stuff for back taxes. For some reason he was allowed to keep his beachfront house in Hawaii,and one of his wealthy country music pals called him on the phone and asked Willie what he wanted from the seizure sale because he was willing to buy them and pass them back on to Willie,and according to him,Willie responded with "Don't worry about it. It's just stuff,and stuff can be replaced. I have my guitar and that's all I really need."

MOST leftist multi-millionaires worship their wealth like it is some sort of God. Willie Nelson is willing to put his money were his mouth is,and did so.

Ya gotta admire a man for sticking to his guns,regardless of how much contempt you may have for those positions. I would trust a man like that to keep his word to me,and trust is essential to me when it comes to dealing with other people.

BTW,I also trust my  friends to tell me they think I am wrong when they do think I am wrong. Only a fool would do otherwise. I'm not as sharp as I used to be,but I haven't dropped THAT far yet.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:02:43 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 01:12:56 am »
Ya gotta admire a man for sticking to his guns,regardless of how much contempt you may have for those positions. I would trust a man like that to keep his word to me,and trust is essential to me when it comes to dealing with other people.

@sneakypete

That's right... There's a reason why ol Willie, the unrepentant dope smoker, won the hearts of a whole generation of square-cut cowboys... And can hang with em.

A whole lot of that is what you are talking about. If he is fair and square, keeps his word, and remembers where he's from, most redneck folks will look him right in the eye...

The other part is, when he started preachin liberalism, he listened when his fans told him to shut up and sing. Unlike others.

BTW,I also trust my  friends to tell me they think I am wrong when they do think I am wrong. Only a fool would do otherwise. I'm not as sharp as I used to be,but I haven't dropped THAT far yet.

Same thing here. no man is an island...
 :beer:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 02:28:26 am »
Never agreed with Willie politically, but I love him and his music.  He might be slower now -- the voice isn't what it used to be (not that it ever was) -- but that he can still play and perform well at his age (86) is nothing short of remarkable.  I guess the drugs keep him going or something.  LOL

Go Willie!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1