Author Topic: Did Trump really take a political risk in telling Omar to go back to her country?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

NBC News
 @NBCNews
 Â·
 45m
 Analysis: President Trump wants the Democratic Party stuck to its progressive fringe so that he can portray his opponents as too extreme to lead the country.

As Democrats defended Speaker Pelosi, he moved quickly, sending some tweets to flip the script.

Strategery.   :smokin:

Wyatt ‏ @SayWhenLA 6m6 minutes ago

Over the past 40 years DJT has been recognized REPEATEDLY by civil rights leaders, inner city youth programs, police depts, Wounded Warriors, & more for his generous support. To call the man a racist bc he's saying what EVERYONE is thinking is absurd. Keep it up @realDonaldTrump

Rep. Ralph Abraham ‏Verified account @RepAbraham

4h4 hours ago

There’s no question that the members of Congress that @realDonaldTrump called out have absolutely said anti-American and anti-Semitic things. I’ll pay for their tickets out of this country if they just tell me where they’d rather be.

Jack Posobiec
 @JackPosobiec
 Â·
 10m
“There’s no way you can get the Dems to endorse Antifa, Al Qaeda, and Venezuela all in the same week”

Trump: Hold my covfefe

Tom Sauer
 @thomasbsauer
 Â·
 31m

Do you see how @realDonaldTrump just sucked the air out of the room and re-set the frame of the national conversation?

When was the last time you heard anything about @TheDemocrats  primary race?

If you haven’t read #WinBigly by  @ScottAdamsSays, you really should.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:10:20 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline aligncare

It’s nice having a non-politician in the WH who can practice politics better than GOP professional politicians have in 30 years.

The difference is, this political novice eschews that brand of feckless politics practiced by the career politicians...instead Trump is not there to advance his career (he’s already made his mark in the business world), but rather the interest of average American citizens. I like that.  :yowsa:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:22:15 am by aligncare »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Groucho wrote:
"I'd say he's made a mistake.
The problem is, every time I think that, he comes out okay.
It's a whole new different kind of deal nowadays."

In view of your own words, have you considered that it's your own reasoning which may require reassessment here...?

Offline GrouchoTex

Groucho wrote:
"I'd say he's made a mistake.
The problem is, every time I think that, he comes out okay.
It's a whole new different kind of deal nowadays."

In view of your own words, have you considered that it's your own reasoning which may require reassessment here...?

Nope

Offline roamer_1

Offline GrouchoTex

rangerrebew

To leftists, Trump's beating heart is a political problem and he is at risk for impeachment because of it.  Telling the Muslima to leave after she married her brother to get him in the country, which I would assume is illegal, should be a no brainer.  And it is.  The people attacking him over it have no brains.

Offline goatprairie

I'm not exactly a huge Trump fan, and he obviously doesn't know much about tact.
Nevertheless, the four Dem congresswomen are examples are some of the worst anti-American pols to ever infest congress. I don't care what color they are, whatever color, I wish they'd all leave too if they don't like it here.
I feel the same way about numerous white pols and celebrities.
Don't like it here? ...leave.  As quickly as possible.

Offline Hoodat

I'm not exactly a huge Trump fan, and he obviously doesn't know much about tact.
Nevertheless, the four Dem congresswomen are examples are some of the worst anti-American pols to ever infest congress.

And for the current news cycle, they are now the face of the Democrat Party.  Trump said exactly that during his presser yesterday.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

TV says Trump directed his tweet against four women.  Trump's tweet was his usual tacky self.
All people here, except American Indians are from another country. What country did your ancestors come from?  Trump could decide he wants you to go back to "your" country; send ICE to get you and send you off.  My ancestors are from Britain and Scotland.  Let's all pack a bag in case we get sent back to our countries.

Every day Trump attacks people and countries, creating more chaos which he lives on - if anyone is not him, he wants that person gone.
What a stupid comment.

How did these people get here anyway?  Was this the Garden of Eden?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This videomeme was made by Carpe Donktum, who was also in attendance at the Social media assembly with the President, recently.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
TV says Trump directed his tweet against four women.  Trump's tweet was his usual tacky self.
All people here, except American Indians are from another country.  What country did your ancestors come from?  Trump could decide he wants you to go back to "your" country; send ICE to get you and send you off.  My ancestors are from Britain and Scotland.  Let's all pack a bag in case we get sent back to our countries.
@Victoria33

Did you actually read his tweet?  He never proposed, for even a single second, that ICE or any other organization should have the power to expel American citizens and send them back to their ancestors' country of origin against their will.  What he said was "if you don't like it, then leave."  (He actually suggested that they leave, find solutions to the problems plaguing those countries, and then return to tell the rest of us how to fix all of them).  He was suggesting to them that they had a choice to leave if they didn't like it.

It's a standard rhetorical response to anything where someone is complaining so bitterly about something in which they are partaking.  "If you don't like this bar, then leave".  "If you don't like this TV show, turn it off."  "If you don't like TOS, then leave".

Pointing out that someone has the option to leave this country if they don't like it isn't remotely close to saying that anyone who dissents is going to be expelled by force of law.

Heck, what's so funny about this is that it's just the flip side of all those lefties who threatened to move to Canada if Trump won.  Turns out, they weren't really serious but were just making a rhetorical point.  "It's so bad here that I'm just going to move to another country".  Great -- so what's wrong with flipping that rhetorical point and using it against those who apparenlty hate this country so much?  Nobody is forcing them to leave either way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:29:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline goatprairie

@Victoria33

Did you actually read his tweet?  He never proposed, for even a single second, that ICE or any other organization should have the power to expel American citizens and send them back to their ancestors' country of origin against their will.  What he said was "if you don't like it, then leave."  (He actually suggested that they leave, find solutions to the problems plaguing those countries, and then return to tell the rest of us how to fix all of them).  He was suggesting to them that they had a choice to leave if they didn't like it.

It's a standard rhetorical response to anything where someone is complaining so bitterly about something in which they are partaking.  "If you don't like this bar, then leave".  "If you don't like this TV show, turn it off."  "If you don't like TOS, then leave".

Pointing out that someone has the option to leave this country if they don't like it isn't remotely close to saying that anyone who dissents is going to be expelled by force of law.

Heck, what's so funny about this is that it's just the flip side of all those lefties who threatened to move to Canada if Trump won.  Turns out, they weren't really serious but were just making a rhetorical point.  "It's so bad here that I'm just going to move to another country".  Great -- so what's wrong with flipping that rhetorical point and using it against those who apparenlty hate this country so much?  Nobody is forcing them to leave either way.
Virtually everybody carps and whines about some aspect of life or the country. But most Americans love their country and don't really want to radically change things. 
So we accept the carping and whining from many people we know because we know deep down they aren't anti-American.
But from the comments of the "squad" as they call themselves the average person can only conclude they're miserable about living in America and want to radically change it.
They're anti-American.  Perhaps they'd be happier elsewhere.  If only.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Virtually everybody carps and whines about some aspect of life or the country. But most Americans love their country and don't really want to radically change things. 
So we accept the carping and whining from many people we know because we know deep down they aren't anti-American.
But from the comments of the "squad" as they call themselves the average person can only conclude they're miserable about living in America and want to radically change it.
They're anti-American.  Perhaps they'd be happier elsewhere.  If only.
Yep

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,368265.msg2011022.html#msg2011022
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington