Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: “I Don’t Care” If Migrants “Stay in These Facilities for 400 Days”  (Read 390 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lindsey Graham: “I Don’t Care” If Migrants “Stay in These Facilities for 400 Days”
Vanity Fair, Jul 14, 2019, Kevin Fitzpatrick

Speaking with Sunday Morning Futures host Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business Network, Senator Lindsey Graham vehemently disagreed with humanitarian concerns raised by Vice President Mike Pence’s recent tour of a migrant detention facility in Texas. “I don’t care if they have to stay in these facilities for 400 days, we’re not going to let those men go that I saw,” said Graham. “It would be dangerous.”

Graham was referring to now-viral footage of Pence’s tour, which saw the vice president blithely overlooking a fenced room filled to capacity with migrants protesting unsanitary conditions. Pence subsequently claimed over Twitter that the men “were in a temporary holding area because Democrats in Congress have refused to fund additional bed space,” and derided CNN for allegedly “ignoring the excellent care being provided to families and children” in a separate facility.

President Donald Trump likewise tweeted on Sunday that “Friday’s tour showed vividly, to politicians and the media, how well run and clean the children’s detention centers are. Great reviews!”

Graham, meanwhile, emphasized that the facility was “overwhelmed,” and claimed “all of [the detained migrants] broke our law.” 

“What I saw is a bunch of people who have been here before, broke the law before, and we’re not going to let them go,” he continued. “I don’t care if they have to stay in these facilities for 400 days, we’re not going to let those men go that I saw. It would be dangerous.”

“You say what,” Bartiromo asked, “to those people who are looking at these adult men, who are behind bars because they broke the law, they came into this country illegally?”

“All of them broke our law,” Graham replied. “Many of them have done it before. And we’re not going to let them go. This is not a concentration camp that I saw, it is a facility overwhelmed.”

More:  https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07/lindsey-graham-migrant-detention-camps

Online libertybele

"Not a concentration camp, but a facility overwhelmed".  Then wouldn't it be logical and prudent to TURN people away, instead of trying to accommodate?  Wouldn't it be prudent for the President to shut down ALL future migration into this country for an indefinite period of time? 

I thought Mexico was supposed to be turning people away or assisting with the invasion?  What ever happened to the idea of stopping the influx at Mexico's southern border, which seems more logical??

For those 'refugees'/asylum seekers who feel that their accommodations are lacking; they are always welcome to go back from where they came.

400 days is far too long as we the taxpayers are footing the darn bill.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Somebody needs campaign dollars for 2020, and there are no bigger suckers than the border hawks.

Offline skeeter

Somebody needs campaign dollars for 2020, and there are no bigger suckers than the border hawks.

Five years ago what Graham's saying would've been politically toxic. IMO thats whats significant here.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I just can't believe that Democrats pretend such concern for these illegal immigrants.  They shouldn't even be in those facilities.  Democrats have blocked all efforts to secure the border.  The conditions and the number of illegal immigrants in the facility is the fault of Democratic politician.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Five years ago what Graham's saying would've been politically toxic. IMO thats whats significant here.
It might still be toxic.  We will find out in 2020