Author Topic: 95-year-old WWII vet is walking cross country for 2nd time  (Read 152 times)

rangerrebew

95-year-old WWII vet is walking cross country for 2nd time

July 13, 2019 Cheryl Hinneburg

A 95-year-old WWII veteran is walking across the country for the second time to raise money for the LST 325 Ship Memorial.

Ernest Andrus, who served as a Navy Corpsman in the Pacific during World War II, departed March 16 from Georgia and is on his way to California, in a trip that he estimates will take five years, WAFF 48 News reported.’

Andrus’ website says he wants to bring the LST 325 ship to the shores of Normandy for a D-Day Memorial since it is the very last restored and operational World War II shore-landing ship of 1051 built during World War II.

“I didn’t raise near enough money on my first run so I’m trying again,” Andrus said on his website.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/07/95-year-old-wwii-vet-is-walking-cross-country-for-2nd-time/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: 95-year-old WWII vet is walking cross country for 2nd time
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 10:53:55 am »
Good for him!

Good luck to you,Mr. Andrus!

I would hope that there would be younger and healthier men along his route who would be willing to be his "Guardian Angles",and walk with him until they all meet the next "Guardian Angel" in line.

It's a sad,sad thing to have to worry about a 95 year old vet being attacked,but the world we live in is full of evil people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!