Author Topic: Alarmists Red-Faced As Satellite Image Analyses Show Globe Has Greened Markedly Over Past 4 Decades  (Read 2419 times)

rangerrebew

Alarmists Red-Faced As Satellite Image Analyses Show Globe Has Greened Markedly Over Past 4 Decades

By P Gosselin on 13. July 2019

German climate science skeptic Michael Kruger of Science Skeptical here writes that the earth has become GREENER and more fertile due to more CO2 and warming.

Source: Zhu et al

Hard to believe, but the earth is not turning into a desert and more arid due to the CO2 increase in the atmosphere, like alarmist scientists and media like us to believe it is, but rather it is becoming greener and more fertile.

This is what scientists have found through the analysis of satellite data over the last four decades.

https://notrickszone.com/2019/07/13/alarmists-red-faced-as-satellite-image-analyses-show-globe-has-greened-markedly-over-past-4-decades/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Awesome how increased CO2 leads to new growth, isn't it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Awesome how increased CO2 leads to new growth, isn't it?

Almost like it was planned.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Bill Cipher

Perhaps it has more to do with changes in forestry practices, like a reduction in clear-cutting, than with any increase in CO2. 

Offline GrouchoTex

Even with the horrific fires that California has had, the increased development in fire fighting over that last century has helped a great deal.
But yes, overall wealth is up most everywhere, and with that, allows us to maintain and "clean up" places that haven't always been so pristine.
Worldwide poverty has dramatically decreased since the 70's.
It easier to be a "good steward of the planet" when the funds required to do so are more readily available.
All this is good news for all of us around the globe, except for those in the climate change alarmist camp.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:01:54 pm by GrouchoTex »

Perhaps it has more to do with changes in forestry practices, like a reduction in clear-cutting, than with any increase in CO2.
both result in green growth typically.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

No, less clear cutting means more undergrowth, more choked out plants, and eventual fires.
Contrary to common-core propaganda, clear cutting is good for forests. And for wildlife.

Bill Cipher

No, less clear cutting means more undergrowth, more choked out plants, and eventual fires.
Contrary to common-core propaganda, clear cutting is good for forests. And for wildlife.

There’s a difference between clear cutting and managed forestry.  This study by itself is no basis for victory laps on “more CO2 good”. 

There’s a difference between clear cutting and managed forestry.  This study by itself is no basis for victory laps on “more CO2 good”.
how do you account for the Sahara getting greener by either clear cutting or managed forestry of all of its trees anyway?

Bill Cipher

how do you account for the Sahara getting greener by either clear cutting or managed forestry of all of its trees anyway?
So now the report is limited to the Sahara?

Offline roamer_1

There’s a difference between clear cutting and managed forestry.

No there's not. That's how you manage forests.

Bill Cipher

No there's not. That's how you manage forests.

Yes, there is.

Offline roamer_1

Yes, there is.

Nope.
Clear cut. It is the only thing that is profitable enough to continue.

So now the report is limited to the Sahara?
You obviously did not read that the Sahara is part of report.

You really need to freshen up on reading prior to making comments.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Clear cut. The people doing it plant back 2 trees for every one they cut. Clear cuts create fire breaks. Clear cuts let natural shrubbery and yes, effing weeds regrow. That is a huge boon to native animal species.

The people who are IN the business are the best managers of sustained forests. Not the GDed government.

Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Clear cut. The people doing it plant back 2 trees for every one they cut. Clear cuts create fire breaks. Clear cuts let natural shrubbery and yes, effing weeds regrow. That is a huge boon to native animal species.

The people who are IN the business are the best managers of sustained forests. Not the GDed government.

YUP.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
YUP.

In my own way, I am IN the business. When a tree is HARVESTED, I smell money.

With new tech, manufactured or engineered innovations, with proper management, use of what was considered waste by-products are made into...products.

Offline roamer_1

In my own way, I am IN the business. When a tree is HARVESTED, I smell money.

With new tech, manufactured or engineered innovations, with proper management, use of what was considered waste by-products are made into...products.

Well none of it is worth a damn if they don't open the gates and start the sales.
I am plumb sick of being smoked out for a month every summer.

I guess Canadian lumber is just fine after all *SPIT*

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well none of it is worth a damn if they don't open the gates and start the sales.
I am plumb sick of being smoked out for a month every summer.

I guess Canadian lumber is just fine after all *SPIT*

Yeah, it is. *SPIT*

This is a subject that will get me started. And once started it will intensify.  But not tonite. I am stepping away. At least for tonite.

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, it is. *SPIT*

This is a subject that will get me started. And once started it will intensify.  But not tonite. I am stepping away. At least for tonite.

:beer:

Yeah, me too. I'll shut up.
It's almost time to go sit outside anyhow
 :beer: :seeya:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yeah, me too. I'll shut up.
It's almost time to go sit outside anyhow
 :beer: :seeya:

I posted a couple of new articles over at the robot thread. Now, I am going to go lie down.

Offline jpsb

CO2 is plant food, more plant food, more plants. This is not rocket science.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
CO2 is plant food, more plant food, more plants. This is not rocket science.

More plants, more people food, including O2.

It really is that simple.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yep, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. Sustainable resources make for better profits.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis