Author Topic: Ex-Fox & Friends co-host Clayton Morris leaves country amid fraud allegations, lawsuits  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Applewood

Ex-Fox & Friends co-host Clayton Morris leaves country amid fraud allegations, lawsuits

Ex-Fox & Friends co-host Clayton Morris has left the country amid more than two dozen lawsuits from investors who say he defrauded them in real estate deals involving properties in Indianapolis.

Morris, who previously resided in a $1.4 million home in New Jersey, has moved with his family to a coastal resort town in Portugal, according to a Facebook post made by his wife.

In an email to IndyStar, Morris's wife and business partner, former MSNBC anchor Natali Morris, said they plan to continue fighting the lawsuits from abroad. They have denied responsibility for investor losses, instead blaming their Indianapolis business partner Bert Whalen and his company, Oceanpointe.

More at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/13/ex-fox-friends-co-host-clayton-morris-leaves-us-amid-fraud-claims/1725186001/

Online mountaineer

Morris, who previously resided in a $1.4 million home in New Jersey
I don't know this guy from Adam, never having watched Fox & Friends, but for the record, that's not necessarily an expensive home in NJ. My SIL lives in the NYC suburb of Essex Fells and the market value of her house is over $800K, and it is nothing special. The equivalent house might cost around $300K in our area. My guess is that USA Today was just trying to gin up some class envy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This guy:

He looks slightly familiar.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
He was pretty much a weekend guy that filled in weekdays when one of them was on holiday.

IIRC he was sort of a tech/gadget type of guy....

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know this guy from Adam, never having watched Fox & Friends, but for the record, that's not necessarily an expensive home in NJ. My SIL lives in the NYC suburb of Essex Fells and the market value of her house is over $800K, and it is nothing special. The equivalent house might cost around $300K in our area. My guess is that USA Today was just trying to gin up some class envy.

@mountaineer

I dunno. For a guy that might be innocent,he sure had a clear exit strategy already in place. He clearly didn't go to Portugal as a penniless refugee.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Maybe.  I was also thinking USA Today might have been alerting current and prospective plaintiffs that Morris has some valuable property they could get a piece of, should they win a judgment against him -- that is, if Morris hasn't already transferred the deed to someone else. 

Of course, if he did unload the property onto someone else only to avoid having it seized as part of any judgment in this matter, a court might nullify the transfer.