Author Topic: These Republicans signed the ‘never Trump’ letters in 2016. Now some are having second thoughts.  (Read 4979 times)

Online libertybele

Were you the one who recently posted ‘I stand against the progressive left’? I think that’s a simple yet brilliant response to those who question the purity of those of us who believe that participation by making the most of the choices available to us is the most productive course.

Yes.  I stand against the progressive left.  Anyone with me?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Yes.  I stand against the progressive left.  Anyone with me?

:raise hand:

Online roamer_1

So that really brings us back to reality.  Either you don't vote.  You vote for Trump.  You vote for DEM.

And my answer to that is, "What's the difference?"
Just on the money, and only the money, the lack of difference is sure destruction any direction you go.

Folks just have to get serious here. Either it becomes serious enough that folks stop voting for clowns (like Tump) and demand representatives that at the very least know how to reduce spending and balance a budget or we are doomed beyond doom.

And that's just a fact.
All this bullshit is just a waste of time.
Time we do not have.

Online roamer_1

Were you the one who recently posted ‘I stand against the progressive left’? I think that’s a simple yet brilliant response to those who question the purity of those of us who believe that participation by making the most of the choices available to us is the most productive course.

It means nothing.
Seriously.

Offline skeeter

It means nothing.
Seriously.

To you, of that I am painfully aware.

Many of us see some progress being made that wouldn’t have been had we followed your advise.

Online roamer_1

To you, of that I am painfully aware.

Many of us see some progress being made that wouldn’t have been had we followed your advise.

All that 'progress' means nothing at all if the country goes the way of Venezuela.
It's all plastic-banana bullcrap, gone tomorrow, with the wind.

Online libertybele

And my answer to that is, "What's the difference?"
Just on the money, and only the money, the lack of difference is sure destruction any direction you go.

Folks just have to get serious here. Either it becomes serious enough that folks stop voting for clowns (like Tump) and demand representatives that at the very least know how to reduce spending and balance a budget or we are doomed beyond doom.

And that's just a fact.
All this bullshit is just a waste of time.
Time we do not have.

Well, in essence either way we go we are probably doomed.  Only difference that I see, is voting for Trump we may have a slight chance to save this Republic.  Voting against Trump, we will certainly lose our Republic.

Which reminds me of that last time that I didn't vote for either candidate in the case of McCain v. Obama.  I could not bring myself to pull the lever for McCain.  My stance at the time was that both would destroy this country; Obama would just destroy it a little quicker than McCain.  I think I was absolutely correct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Well, in essence either way we go we are probably doomed.  Only difference that I see, is voting for Trump we may have a slight chance to save this Republic.  Voting against Trump, we will certainly lose our Republic.

Neither is true. And neither makes any damn difference at all.

The fact of the matter is that if we have not already crossed the threshold, we are standing upon it. We must act now, drastically, to slash spending to the bone and right our monetary house, or all the rest is just smoke and mirrors. We are closing in on a condition that the dollar is so demonetized and the amount of interest alone is so high, that we CANNOT cover it. Understand that: We will not be able to cover even the interest.

Which reminds me of that last time that I didn't vote for either candidate in the case of McCain v. Obama.  I could not bring myself to pull the lever for McCain.  My stance at the time was that both would destroy this country; Obama would just destroy it a little quicker than McCain.  I think I was absolutely correct.

Bah. Hard to quantify that, because you can only know the one outcome. You have no idea what McCain't would have done.

Offline skeeter

All that 'progress' means nothing at all if the country goes the way of Venezuela.
It's all plastic-banana bullcrap, gone tomorrow, with the wind.

We agree. I just refuse to roll into the fetal position yet.

Online roamer_1

We agree. I just refuse to roll into the fetal position yet.

Who is in the fetal position?

I just refuse to support the illusion.

Offline skeeter

Who is in the fetal position?

I just refuse to support the illusion.

What ARE you doing?

Offline musiclady

I didn’t vote for Trump and am not likely to again because the primary reasons I voted against him still exist.

That said, I sometimes wonder if he wants to be re-elected.  He’s got the election in the bag because of the radical bozos running for the dem nomination.

But he keeps saying idiotic things and firing up the left, and reminding independents why they don’t like him.

If he just shut up, he’d win.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

What ARE you doing?

I have almost folded up in politics. It's a waste of time. Won't be rolling out the cold calls to business contacts this term, for the first time ever. Last term was reduced, but this term, nothing. Won't be organizing regionally either. I am out.

Not all the way out. I will work with the Constitution party a little bit and see how that goes. But Republicans, even regionally, nope... Not gonna find em a thin dime.

And that goes for Right to Life too - which is another waste of time. I have resigned from that too. No more think tanks, and no more fund raising for any of them.

So I am down to local, and most of that is in the churches more than political arms... Where I can see the changes made, and where my help goes directly to the needy.

I may rejigger for something like that instead, regionally, but politics is a dead hole. There is nothing conservative left.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I opposed and did not vote for trump in 2016 because:
I KNEW he was an ugly human being,
I didn’t trust him to govern conservatively
I also thought that he would do long term damage to conservatism.

I still believe him to be an ugly human being
He has governed FAR more conservatively than I ever thought he would.  Perfectly? No.  But he’s done far more to try and move the ball to the right than any president in a LONG time.
The jury is still out on long term damage to conservatism, but that is more a function of how he is being portrayed (and, in truth,  sometimes allowing himself to be portrayed) than a function of his conservative actions.

Long story short...I will be voting for him in 2020.

Exact same boat @Axeslinger !  Move over! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I have almost folded up in politics. It's a waste of time. Won't be rolling out the cold calls to business contacts this term, for the first time ever. Last term was reduced, but this term, nothing. Won't be organizing regionally either. I am out.

Not all the way out. I will work with the Constitution party a little bit and see how that goes. But Republicans, even regionally, nope... Not gonna find em a thin dime.

And that goes for Right to Life too - which is another waste of time. I have resigned from that too. No more think tanks, and no more fund raising for any of them.

So I am down to local, and most of that is in the churches more than political arms... Where I can see the changes made, and where my help goes directly to the needy.

I may rejigger for something like that instead, regionally, but politics is a dead hole. There is nothing conservative left.

I think I understand. But there is no reason for you to hold those of us still having some vestige of faith in the system in such contempt.

Offline jpsb

you were correct

Online roamer_1

I think I understand. But there is no reason for you to hold those of us still having some vestige of faith in the system in such contempt.

Sure there is, as long as it holds the illusion of conservatism.
Quit calling it conservative, and I will shut right up.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Neither is true. And neither makes any damn difference at all.

The fact of the matter is that if we have not already crossed the threshold, we are standing upon it. We must act now, drastically, to slash spending to the bone and right our monetary house, or all the rest is just smoke and mirrors. We are closing in on a condition that the dollar is so demonetized and the amount of interest alone is so high, that we CANNOT cover it. Understand that: We will not be able to cover even the interest.

Who's running that is even remotely likely to do that?  I'll vote for that person if he/she exists.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Who's running that is even remotely likely to do that?  I'll vote for that person if he/she exists.

Beats me who's running. I ain't even paying attention yet.
But I can predict the Constitution party will be talking like that.

The point being that the Republicans are not even in that universe.
Lip service at best. And Tumpy too.

There isn't hardly a fiscal conservative left.

Offline skeeter

Sure there is, as long as it holds the illusion of conservatism.

Odd reaction. Anyway right back atcha then.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:07:59 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Beats me who's running. I ain't even paying attention yet.
But I can predict the Constitution party will be talking like that.

The point being that the Republicans are not even in that universe.
Lip service at best. And Tumpy too.

There isn't hardly a fiscal conservative left.

That's what I thought.  You got nothing.  I'll be voting for Trump in 2020 because something is always better than nothing in my book.  A jackrabbit in the bag is better than three whitetails in the bushes.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Odd reaction. Anyway right back atcha then.

WHICH conservative principles are being defended by this administration, or the Republicans at large?
Go ahead. I'll wait. It shouldn't take very long as you don't even have to worry about fiscal conservatism, which is wholly absent.

Online roamer_1

That's what I thought.  You got nothing.  I'll be voting for Trump in 2020 because something is always better than nothing in my book.  A jackrabbit in the bag is better than three whitetails in the bushes.

So you've got nothing too.
Well there ya go.'
 :beer:

Offline musiclady

@skeeter

Then why is it so common for Republicans like you to hold in contempt those who are no longer tolerant of the fact that the Republican party is not interested in anything we think or do?

Serious question.

Because I'm in the same boat with @roamer_1  .......... though more recently at the point he has been for a while.
There is no one in either party who represents me, or in my view, the Constitutional principles this country was founded upon.

Why hold in contempt those who have said, no more to a political party that apparently is without standards?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

WHICH conservative principles are being defended by this administration, or the Republicans at large?
Go ahead. I'll wait. It shouldn't take very long as you don't even have to worry about fiscal conservatism, which is wholly absent.

I've played this game with you before. All you do is regurgitate your SUBJECTIVE OPINION in response, passed off as fact.

No thanks. You have no corner on the market for truth.

Fact is you, sneering from the sidelines, professes contempt for those of us who believe in doing something, anything to move our beliefs forward. Not impressed.