Author Topic: These Republicans signed the ‘never Trump’ letters in 2016. Now some are having second thoughts.  (Read 5062 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Are you willing to hold a glass of fine Riesling as well??

Count me in on the Riesling!  My taste has veered toward nothing sweeter than Spätlese, which always hits the spot.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

90% of the time I slide right by her rants.......... (not worth the trouble to put her on Ignore).

Once in a great while, it's important to me to correct the lies and false accusations, and to respond to people like you who say her ravings are good for the forum. 

They are not.

What I do enjoy is truthful dialogue, and I have never, ever seen that from her.

You, however, ARE good for the forum, and with that I will respond no more to you.  You have prolonged what I thought would be a brief conversation, and I am not interested in any further discussion about this troll-like member of a wonderful forum.

Fair enough and, BTW, thanks.

Offline Night Hides Not

You have no idea what I have or have not said to @corbe .

It is a false parallel.

As to this place's being anything like TOS......  Poppycock.

Posters like @LegalAmerican  and @truth_seeker would LOVE to have that happen.  No debate allowed.  Just blind obeisance to the master.

Fortunately, there are only a handful of those, and the rest of us (me and you included) want to keep it an open and free place to debate and disagree without being lied about and called a leftist.

As it stands, TBR allows Conservative thought and discussion among fellow Conservatives.

If it ever becomes anything like TOS, as those two would like, I will be the first out of here.

During vacation, my grandson wanted to know what "poppycock" meant. You can imagine the laughs we had when I discovered the word's origin:

"as fine as a powdered doll's excrement", from a Dutch dialect.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online roamer_1

Are you willing to hold a glass of fine Riesling as well??

Count me in on the Riesling!  My taste has veered toward nothing sweeter than Spätlese, which always hits the spot.

I take it that's some kind of fancy wine...  :shrug:

more PBR for me.
 :yowsa:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
With all due respect, I was relating my own experiences on TOS. I did not say the site 'was like TOS'.

As far as LA is concerned, she can't be THAT bad, 'cause if she vexed y'all as badly as you are saying you'd simply ignore her. Its real easy.

Or... could it be you enjoy the dog pile?
That's a false premise.

Ignoring someone allows them to spout off anything unchallenged, and sometimes these types need to be put back in their place.

There are a few I have stopped bothering to respond to, but only after I've said my peace. I don't suffer fawning and shilling, and I don't particularly care for conspiracy theories.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:09:14 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's a false premise.

Ignoring someone allows them to spout off anything unchallenged, and sometimes these types need to be put back in their place.

There are a few I have stopped bothering to respond to, but only after I've said my peace. I don't suffer fawning and shilling, and I don't particularly care for conspiracy theories.

You're all full of shit.  Occam's Razor....

What's going on these past few days here is very similar to how Trump supporters felt when all of the NTs flooded here from TOS.

And because ownership here doesn't particularly care for our POTUS, she has allowed the attacks on LA.

...the same way they were allowed to take over the forum back in 2015.

If she wanted this crap come to a stop....it would have happened already.

@mystery-ak
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What's going on these past few days here is very similar to how Trump supporters felt when all of the NTs flooded here from TOS.

And because ownership here doesn't particularly care for our POTUS, she has allowed the attacks on LA.

@mystery-ak

Is this what winning looks like?

Offline DCPatriot

Is this what winning looks like?

IMO, this country is in a world of shit right now. While enjoying the best economy in 50 years

The mainstream media is Public Enemy #1 and until it's brought to task, it's only going to get worse.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

Oh bullcrap @DCPatriot .

I think @LegalAmerican has been given acres of room, accusing ppl directly for hours without reprisal - Making it personal. Making the thread about her. Totally overboard, and I think that was allowed most likely because Conservatives don't tend to hit the abuse button.

She is also spamming incessantly, spam-and-run, without engagement after the fact. You might not like what I have to say, but I will nearly always engage and defend my position. That's what this place is for. Not for pot-shotting

I think admin was right, and late in coming if anything.

Y'all are whinin and cryin and throwin dirt in the air over nothing. On purpose, I think. Always with the stink-eye toward Myst.

And it's bullcrap.

Online roamer_1

IMO, this country is in a world of shit right now. While enjoying the best economy in 50 years

The mainstream media is Public Enemy #1 and until it's brought to task, it's only going to get worse.

Yeah whatever. That's nothing new.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

@mystery-ak

I'm a supporter of the President.  But I personally thought LA needed a mandatory vacation from the site.  Honestly, almost a caricature of a Trump supporter at times.

Online corbe

As I said earlier, she's a Trumper problem so characteristic of yall to blame someone else.....
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The next election maybe the most important election of my lifetime. :yawn2:

Offline DCPatriot

Oh bullcrap @DCPatriot .

I think @LegalAmerican has been given acres of room, accusing ppl directly for hours without reprisal - Making it personal. Making the thread about her. Totally overboard, and I think that was allowed most likely because Conservatives don't tend to hit the abuse button.

She is also spamming incessantly, spam-and-run, without engagement after the fact. You might not like what I have to say, but I will nearly always engage and defend my position. That's what this place is for. Not for pot-shotting

I think admin was right, and late in coming if anything.

Y'all are whinin and cryin and throwin dirt in the air over nothing. On purpose, I think. Always with the stink-eye toward Myst.

And it's bullcrap.

BS...tell your story walking.

MOD 4 came in last night and warned everyone for the umpteenth time to get back on topic.

It was ignored.

....and here we are.

But if somebody types that they're having an "I TOLD YOU SO-erection"...they get shit-canned for 24 hours.

Offline DCPatriot

I'm a supporter of the President.  But I personally thought LA needed a mandatory vacation from the site.  Honestly, almost a caricature of a Trump supporter at times.

I'm not arguing with that.  She is as tedious.  But deserves the same latitude as Victoria....a caricature of a NeverTrumper.

Online corbe

Mod4 seems a sockpuppet of Mod8,  she means well but never seems to get her point across. Someone must of complained to bring her out of hibernation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

Mod4 seems a sockpuppet of Mod8,  she means well but never seems to get her point across. Someone must of complained to bring her out of hibernation.

LOL!   I thought they just grabbed a MOD jacket off the rack.

Online roamer_1

BS...tell your story walking.

MOD 4 came in last night and warned everyone for the umpteenth time to get back on topic.

It was ignored.

....and here we are.

But if somebody types that they're having an "I TOLD YOU SO-erection"...they get shit-canned for 24 hours.

I said my piece. All this crybaby bullcrap looks bad on you. Especially you.
Nuff said

Online corbe

LOL!   I thought they just grabbed a MOD jacket off the rack.

That may very well be also @DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

The next election maybe the most important election of my lifetime. :yawn2:

Yeah, really.
REALLY.

Offline musiclady

During vacation, my grandson wanted to know what "poppycock" meant. You can imagine the laughs we had when I discovered the word's origin:

"as fine as a powdered doll's excrement", from a Dutch dialect.

Well, the things you learn on TBR!  LOL!

I'll give that some thought the next time I use the word.  :silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Unfortunately, that caricature is based on reality.

When she first appeared here, I thought she was a troll pretending to be a Trumper to make them all look bad.

Not so.

Oy........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looking up previous to the last half-dozen or so posts this thread remains a dumpster fire.  For the good of the forum, let's go find some other topics to post on, shall we?  Mod1 is bored, and he's not friendly when he gets bored.

Thread locked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: