Author Topic: Police: Man dies after attacking immigration prison  (Read 965 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Police: Man dies after attacking immigration prison
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:51:36 pm »
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — A man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said.

The Tacoma Police Department said the officers responded at about 4 a.m. to the privately run Tacoma Northwest Detention Center, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security detention facility that holds migrants pending deportation proceedings. The detention center has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.

The shooting took place about six hours after a peaceful rally in front of the detention center, police spokesman Loretta Cool said. She said another rally was planned for later Saturday, but it would have to be held in a different area because of the investigation into the police shooting.

Police said the man caused a vehicle to catch fire and that he attempted to ignite a large propane tank and set buildings on fire. Police said that besides the rifle, he had a satchel and flares.

https://news.yahoo.com/police-kill-man-allegedly-attacking-165454699.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Police: Man dies after attacking immigration prison
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:05:47 pm »
Yeah,  that's a shame.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 10:14:24 pm »
Wonder if the guy was one of those antifa types trying to conduct a self-styled "liberation mission" against the detention facility ... ??

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 12:01:30 am »
The man who was shot and killed by Tacoma police while allegedly staging an attack at a Tacoma immigrant detention center has been identified.

The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the man killed at the Northwest Detention Center as Willem Van Spronsen, 69, of Vashon Island.   ... More

Related? A gofundme type of appeal for a Will Van Spronsen from Washington state.
In March of this year, my dad's wife Shelley left him and accused him of domestic violence.

I can't imagine what prompted Shelley to take such dramatic action, but Will has never, ever been threatening or violent in the entire time I've been alive. Unfortunately in the state of Washington, hearsay evidence is enough to have orders placed against anyone regardless of evidence to the contrary.

This accusation has prevented Will from being able to see his son Boots more than 4 supervised hours per week. Boots needs the love and care of both of his parents. This is a balance that is very important.

Will has tried up to this point to defend himself because he is unable to afford an attorney.
What We Need

Will has found a lawyer who he trusts to be able to arrive at a just ruling.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:02:56 am »
...  The man, who was armed with a rifle, was throwing unspecified “incendiary devices” at the Northwest Detention Center, according to a police statement. The man, identified by officials on Saturday afternoon as Willem Van Spronsen, 69, of Vashon Island, Wash., continued throwing lit objects at buildings and cars, the statement said. ...
NY Times

What did he think was going to happen?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 12:05:31 am »
Rules on rainwater make no sense: Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:32pmLetters to the Editor

obedience to authority is last week’s article, “New regulation will allow households to capture rain.”

Are we really willing to submit to laws regulating every little detail of our existence on this planet? Inane laws imposed by those who simultaneously allow and encourage the exploitation and despoiling of the planet and life upon it for the sake of “progress” and “growth” and a house of cards called “the economy.”

There’s staggering change on the horizon; it would behoove us to take note and learn the skills, among them how best to use rainwater, to cope with the radically different world bearing down upon us. Regardless of silly laws and regulations.

— Willem Van Spronsen
http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/letters/rules-on-rainwater-make-no-sense-letter-to-the-editor/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 12:07:01 am »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 01:11:00 am »
Video of Will Van Spronsen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gK8yYQyvyY

Same guy as the deceased in the story?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 02:13:08 am »
Same guy as the deceased in the story?
All indications say yes (age, location,  etc).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 02:46:58 am »
All indications say yes (age, location,  etc).

That's a shame.  This thing with the ex was 5 years ago, and I feel sorry for Boots.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 12:40:39 pm »
That's a shame.  This thing with the ex was 5 years ago, and I feel sorry for Boots.
Apparently, his son's welfare wasn't his first concern yesterday.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 12:55:54 pm »
Attacker on Tacoma ICE Detention Center identified as “anarchist and antifascist”
Posted by William A. Jacobson
      Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 9:20pm
Willem Van Spronsen attacked the center with incendiary devices before being shot dead. In an earlier 2018 protest outside the facility, Van Spronsen “was accused of lunging at a police officer’s neck to help free a 17-year-old protester who was being detained”

... He’s being treated as a hero in Antifa and anti-ICE circles.

More

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »
... Deb Bartley, a friend of Van Spronsen’s for about 20 years, described him as an anarchist and anti-fascist, and she believes his attack on the detention center was intended to provoke a fatal conflict.

â€œHe was ready to end it,” Bartley said. “I think this was a suicide. But then he was able to kind of do it in a way that spoke to his political beliefs … I know he went down there knowing he was going to die.”

She and other friends of Van Spronsen got letters in the mail “just saying goodbye.” He also wrote what she referred to as a manifesto, which she declined to discuss in detail but predicted would be taken by authorities.  ...
More at Seattle Times

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 01:32:47 pm »
Attacker on Tacoma ICE Detention Center identified as “anarchist and antifascist”
Posted by William A. Jacobson
      Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 9:20pm
Willem Van Spronsen attacked the center with incendiary devices before being shot dead. In an earlier 2018 protest outside the facility, Van Spronsen “was accused of lunging at a police officer’s neck to help free a 17-year-old protester who was being detained”

... He’s being treated as a hero in Antifa and anti-ICE circles.

More
Yeah, those darn ICE agents dragging those people across the border and confining them in those concentration camps.
 :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 01:33:54 pm »
mountaineer posted:
"Deb Bartley, a friend of Van Spronsen’s for about 20 years, described him as an anarchist and anti-fascist, and she believes his attack on the detention center was intended to provoke a fatal conflict"

See my prediction in reply 2 above (which I put up before I read any of this)...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 01:34:27 pm »
Yeah, those darn ICE agents dragging those people across the border and confining them in those concentration camps.
 :whistle:
Exactly. They only wanted to make happy lives for themselves and their families in Honduras, then - suddently - ICE broke into their humble homes and spirited them to Tacoma.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 11:02:28 pm »
Willem Van Spronsen Calls On ‘Comrades’ To Bear Arms In Manifesto
Audrey Conklin
July 15, 2019 6:06 PM ET

*Willem Van Spronsen, an Antifa member who attacked a private ICE detention facility Saturday, said the rifle he used during the attack was “unregistered” in his manifesto.
    *Van Spronsen also called on his “comrades” to arm themselves in the document.
    *Many left-wing extremists and extremist groups like Antifa are in favor of maintaining the right to bear arms.

The Antifa member who attacked a detention center in Tacoma, Washington, wrote a manifesto in which he calls on his “comrades” to arm themselves.

Authorities said Willem Van Spronsen, 69, was armed with a rifle and flares when he attacked the private Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility Saturday morning, attempting to set the buildings on fire but managing only to ignite a car. He died in a shootout with police, the Tacoma News Tribune reported.

Van Spronsen details the “unregistered, ‘ghost'” weapon he used Saturday in his manifesto, which is now published on Antifa’s main news website, ItsGoingDown.org. “The semi-automatic weapon I used was a cheap, home-built unregistered ‘ghost’ AR-15, it had six magazines,” he wrote.

He also wrote that he encourages “comrades and incoming comrades to arm themselves.”

“We are now responsible for defending people from the predatory state,” his manifesto continues. “Ignore the law in arming yourself if you have the luxury, I did.”   ...
More at Daily Caller

I've been thinking that what's missing in my life is a manifesto. Yes! I need to write a manifesto!  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 11:13:10 pm »
More at Daily Caller

I've been thinking that what's missing in my life is a manifesto. Yes! I need to write a manifesto!  *****rollingeyes*****

Just be sure and post it here first.... happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 11:25:37 pm »
Just be sure and post it here first.... happy77
You all will be the first to know.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 11:34:53 pm »
More at Daily Caller

Manifesto? Right away that's sexist. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:40:59 pm by goatprairie »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 11:36:09 pm »
Wymxnfesto? I don't know all the terminology.