Author Topic: 2 Americans Among 26 Dead After Terrorists Storm Hotel in Somalia  (Read 406 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
26 dead and just 4 terrorists pulled off the attack? Pretty poor security, huh? Everyone would know to beware of this situation. It sounds like a candidate for political office was killed too.  Inside help?

Africa
2 Americans Among 26 Dead After Terrorists Storm Hotel in Somalia
By Reuters
July 13, 2019 

MOGADISHU/GAROWE, Somalia—The death toll from the attack on a hotel in Somalia’s port city of Kismayu has risen to 26, with Kenyans, Americans, a Briton, and Tanzanians among the dead, the Jubbaland region’s president said on July 13.

A presidential candidate for upcoming regional elections was also killed in the assault by four terrorists, Jubbaland president Ahmed Mohamed said in a statement. At least two journalists and a U.N. agency staff member were also reported to have been killed.

Police officer Major Mohamed Abdi earlier told Reuters that security forces had ended the overnight attack.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/2-americans-among-26-dead-after-terrorists-storm-hotel-in-somalia_3000903.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: 2 Americans Among 26 Dead After Terrorists Storm Hotel in Somalia
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:29:13 pm »
It sounds like a Canadian Somali journalist, in fact, starting some sort of TV there, was killed. So, Representative Omar? What say you?

From article:

Mukhtar M. Ibrahim
‏Verified account @mukhtaryare

I’ve been in great shock since I heard the news of Hodan Naleyeh’s killing in an explosion in Somalia.

Hodan was an incredibly talented, creative, down-to-earth journalist who single-handedly tried to change the racist media narrative around Somalia and Somalis.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:07:34 pm »
Hodan was an incredibly talented, creative, down-to-earth journalist who single-handedly tried to change the racist media narrative around Somalia and Somalis.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 10:38:21 pm »
Agreed, Ghost.

Her message was:
taqiyya...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:16:00 am »
Agreed, Ghost.

Her message was:
taqiyya...

The sooner that eff'n Muzzie bitch is out of Congress the better.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 09:44:50 pm »
Appears we have one responsible news reporting that dispenses with the alleged terrorist label and calls a spade a spade.

Here's an example of how another news agency like AP soften things.

Islamic extremist attack on Somali hotel leaves 26 dead
https://www.apnews.com/8f881d89ea05421e92fff3ea5f857088
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington