Author Topic: WASHINGTON POST columnist says Disney’s “The Lion King” is not only racist and fascist, but anti-Sem  (Read 452 times)

rangerrebew

WASHINGTON POST columnist says Disney’s “The Lion King” is not only racist and fascist, but anti-Semitic at the same time

July 13, 2019

“Who knew?” That’s the reaction from conservative commentator Michael Knowles after a Dutch professor wrote a Washington Post column condemning Disney’s live action remake of the classic “The Lion King” as both racist and fascist, with some Nazi images thrown in for good measure.

The professor sees the Lion King as a Trump-like white supremacist, expecting his lowly subjects to bow down to him. The fact that ALL the characters in the original Broadway production were black, and most of the voiceovers in the film are black (below), seems to be lost on this delusional professor.

FOX News Conservatives, moderates and some Democrats have been painted as fascistic, and now animated children’s tales have joined their ranks, Knowles asserted Friday.

https://barenakedislam.com/2019/07/13/washington-post-columnist-says-disneys-the-lion-king-is-not-only-racist-and-fascist-but-anti-semitic-at-the-same-time/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There certainly was Nazi imagery in the original movie, but it was clear Scar's army of goose-stepping hyenas were the bad guys.  I'd like to see the remake, after having seen the trailer on my Amazon Fire Stick.  I may actually go see it, first trip to a theater in 20 years.  Assuming I can find one in my town.  I know there are some across the river.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wanna see "Song Of the South" and "Fantasia"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

I wanna see "Song Of the South" and "Fantasia"
Like many millions of kids I remember watching SOTS back in the fifties. I don't recall getting a feeling of white supremacy or that there was some racial element to the movie.
I just thought it was a funny movie about a bunch of anthropomorphic critters that got themselves into trouble.
Surprised to find out later that, according to people in the know,  it was a tool of white supremacy. How naive of me. I should have figured that out when I was seven or eight years old.