Author Topic: What happened this summer with my Second Amendment rights in Texas?  (Read 643 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Community Impact by Jules Rogers 7/12/2019

https://communityimpact.com/houston/conroe-montgomery/top-stories/2019/07/12/ask-the-editor-what-happened-this-summer-with-my-second-amendment-rights-in-texas/

The Texas Legislature passed a number of bills concerning the Second Amendment right to bear arms this summer.

Gov. Greg Abbott signed House Bill 1143 on June 10, allowing licensed gun holders to store handguns, firearms and ammunition in their locked cars in school parking areas. Districts and charter schools will not be allowed to prohibit people, including school employees, from this as long as nothing is in plain view.

Abbott signed Senate Bill 535 on June 7, removing churches, synagogues and established places of religious worship from the list of places where guns are prohibited. Formerly, it was a third-degree felony to carry a gun in these places. Amusement parks, hospitals, bars, jails and large event venues, such as sports stadiums, are still on the list.

At the June 27 State of the State address, Rep. Will Metcalf, R-Conroe, applauded the bills and said he believes teachers can drive to campuses, work and feel safe driving home. The new laws take effect Sept. 1.

Share this story

Not listed:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has signed a bill into law lifting the state's ban on brass knuckles, kitty keychains and other self-defense items.(such as batons)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: What happened this summer with my Second Amendment rights in Texas?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 04:05:43 pm »
Now close the loop:  Constitutional carry with permit-free reciprocity for residents of other Constitutional carry states.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
Now close the loop:  Constitutional carry with permit-free reciprocity for residents of other Constitutional carry states.

Dennis Bonnen shot down any chance of Constitutional Carry this year after Abbott said he'd sign it. We'll have to push harder in 2 years now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 07:36:31 pm »

Dennis Bonnen shot down any chance of Constitutional Carry this year after Abbott said he'd sign it. We'll have to push harder in 2 years now.

Yes....in 2 years.  Hopefully there will still be a Governor willing to sign. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: